10 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mino96  
#41 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2022 3:15:27 AM(UTC)
Mino96

Yes, I set the rigid group for NG9, it works like the picture below, the left picture is without rigid body and the right picture is with rigid body. 

I don't know if you can accept the result on the left. I'll remove the rigid body if you all think it acceptable. 

will solve the problem for the standing pose......but there are other problems than:

3feetwolf  
#42 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2022 4:32:47 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 258 time(s) in 144 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Mino96 Go to Quoted Post

will solve the problem for the standing pose......but there are other problems than:

I don't find it surprising, because the purpose of setting up rigid group is to prevent such distortions. 

Please send me the obj you used to generate g8f shape morph in #38 and I'll try to make morph correction morphs. 

BrotherHades  
#43 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2022 5:11:23 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 300 time(s) in 239 post(s)

Originally Posted by: schlongborn Go to Quoted Post

Is this not compatible with 4.16 at all? I tried it out and it works in 4.21 but in 4.16 I get an error about not being able to run the scripts. Any chance looking into making this compatible with 4.16?

I'd say that is doubtful as this is for Genesis 9 and according to Daz, Daz Studio 4.21 is the minimum requirement to run/use Genesis 9. (Basically there are features they added with 4.21 that Genesis 9 requires to work correctly) 

Mino96  
#44 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2022 5:57:02 AM(UTC)
Mino96

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Mino96 Go to Quoted Post

I don't find it surprising, because the purpose of setting up rigid group is to prevent such distortions. 

Please send me the obj you used to generate g8f shape morph in #38 and I'll try to make morph correction morphs. 

Hi, thank you for the help, but i dont think this is an option, because if i buy a product like this, i want to use it on all my g9 figures. i have testet it out and it works only on normal shape and victoria, all the other models from the store and my own models have the same problem more or less. do you want make correction morphs for all models coming in the store in the future and all other models? perhaps the concept of making a geocraft for the whole middle part of the model is not the right concept?

Is there another possibility or concept for a geocraft which fits on all models?

3feetwolf  
#45 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2022 10:50:31 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Did more tests, figure compatibility morphs are valid for Biddie, CB Arceli, CB Marli, HID Nora 9, Minerva 9, MSO Lorienne, MSO Peppa, MW Elisabeth, etc.
3feetwolf attached the following image(s):
09.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
thedeadjester  
#46 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2022 1:59:55 AM(UTC)
thedeadjester

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 19 post(s)

Did more tests, figure compatibility morphs are valid for Biddie, CB Arceli, CB Marli, HID Nora 9, Minerva 9, MSO Lorienne, MSO Peppa, MW Elisabeth, etc.

1. Minerva 9 works fine now except this:

I can't seem to get rid of the gap here without making the anus area too sunk-in...

I would like the glutes to be together or at least a way to smooth them out. There is just a very hard edge here. Compare that with the base gens using the same shape shift morph (SS Glute Inner Close: 50%):

Also, it seems like there aren't a lot of morph options for the lower part of the labia minor, the whole gens seems to be very "straight". The morphs only affect the upper part of the labia minor making the lower part mostly straight. It doesn't seem like I can make realistic looking genitals with it. Perhaps I am using it wrong?

One last thing, I was curious, what was the motivation to cover so much of the upper thighs with the geograft? Why would a smaller geograft not be more advantageous (i.e. able to use more morphs like Shape Shift without a lot of issues)?

thanks 1 user thanked thedeadjester for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 12/25/2022(UTC)
void  
#47 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2022 5:53:41 PM(UTC)
void

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I cant seem to render when NG9 is attached. Daz acts like its going to render but the window gives me a message that says "updating section objects" and just seems to sit there and do nothing. Im on 4.21, drivers are current. Using Minerva 9.

Any help?
Oxidation1988  
#48 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2022 9:10:11 PM(UTC)
Oxidation1988

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)

Stated a few times previously. Your subD is too high. Lower that and it will work.

thanks 1 user thanked Oxidation1988 for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 12/25/2022(UTC)
void  
#49 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2022 10:49:50 PM(UTC)
void

I have that issue on subD 2. Ive been using Minerva at subD 4 though, could that be part of the problem?
Ill double check to make sure.
3feetwolf  
#50 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2022 2:53:08 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: void Go to Quoted Post
I have that issue on subD 2. Ive been using Minerva at subD 4 though, could that be part of the problem?

This should not be a bug, but I will modify the script so that you don't need to manually modify every time. Before I updated NG9, you can go to the surfaces panel and manually set the SubD Displacement Level of NG9's Genitalia surface to 4 without modifying the character's Render SubD Level. 

3feetwolf  
#51 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2022 2:57:40 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: thedeadjester Go to Quoted Post

I can't seem to get rid of the gap here without making the anus area too sunk-in...

I would like the glutes to be together or at least a way to smooth them out. There is just a very hard edge here. Compare that with the base gens using the same shape shift morph (SS Glute Inner Close: 50%):

Also, it seems like there aren't a lot of morph options for the lower part of the labia minor, the whole gens seems to be very "straight". The morphs only affect the upper part of the labia minor making the lower part mostly straight. It doesn't seem like I can make realistic looking genitals with it. Perhaps I am using it wrong?

One last thing, I was curious, what was the motivation to cover so much of the upper thighs with the geograft? Why would a smaller geograft not be more advantageous (i.e. able to use more morphs like Shape Shift without a lot of issues)?

Thank you for the detailed feedback. I seem to have had Covid19 again last night and now have a bit of a fever and can't concentrate... I will discuss it with you again when I feel better.

druc  
#52 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2022 9:33:21 AM(UTC)
druc

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear you have Covid19 again, rubbish time of year to get it. I bought NG9 today and have the same issue with Minerva (big bulge in front). Haven't tried with any other shapes yet. I like the texture set up you have used this time. Good job.
thanks 1 user thanked druc for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 12/30/2022(UTC)
void  
#53 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2022 11:55:27 AM(UTC)
void

This should not be a bug, but I will modify the script so that you don't need to manually modify every time. Before I updated NG9, you can go to the surfaces panel and manually set the SubD Displacement Level of NG9's Genitalia surface to 4 without modifying the character's Render SubD Level. 

Hi 3feetwolf. I am having the issue with Minerva 9 HD. I havent tried anything with any of the other characters as I only have the one. I made some other attempts to render with Minerva HD at subD 4 (default) and NG9 at subD 2(default). I hade the same result, Daz dosent seem to want to render, it gets stuck on the updating scene message. Its possible that maybe it starts eventually but after 2 minutes I just close it out. But I only seem to have this issue with Minerva HD. If I load base Minerva at subD 3 and then change NG9 to subD3, I can render. So I dont know if the issue is HD specific or what. Hope you feel better soon!

thanks 2 users thanked void for this useful post.
Akirael on 12/25/2022(UTC), 3feetwolf on 12/30/2022(UTC)
Akirael  
#54 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2022 2:33:16 PM(UTC)
Akirael

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 26 post(s)

Hi 3feetwolf. I am having the issue with Minerva 9 HD. I havent tried anything with any of the other characters as I only have the one. I made some other attempts to render with Minerva HD at subD 4 (default) and NG9 at subD 2(default). I hade the same result, Daz dosent seem to want to render, it gets stuck on the updating scene message. Its possible that maybe it starts eventually but after 2 minutes I just close it out. But I only seem to have this issue with Minerva HD. If I load base Minerva at subD 3 and then change NG9 to subD3, I can render. So I dont know if the issue is HD specific or what. Hope you feel better soon!

The reduction of the SubD is pretty much the current workaround. I also have no clue what causes the hiccup, but at least this gets the render starting.

thanks 1 user thanked Akirael for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 12/30/2022(UTC)
Oxidation1988  
#55 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2022 3:10:18 PM(UTC)
Oxidation1988

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Akirael Go to Quoted Post

The reduction of the SubD is pretty much the current workaround. I also have no clue what causes the hiccup, but at least this gets the render starting.

Yeah this isn't a new problem. I have loaded up a base model with nothing on at all, no clothes, no add ons like NGs just a base character and once you get to a certain level of subd it starts doing some weird things. normally around 4 to 6. I don't know what causes it. I just blame it on Daz XD

thedeadjester  
#56 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2022 11:26:26 PM(UTC)
thedeadjester

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 19 post(s)

Thank you for the detailed feedback. I seem to have had Covid19 again last night and now have a bit of a fever and can't concentrate... I will discuss it with you again when I feel better.

Sorry to hear you are not well, I hope you get better soon. When you are better I thought I would add this example. Here is what I was able to do with MeshGrabber on NG to get it to look more like what I want (and what I think looks more realistic):

I adjusted the labia minor with some random variations as well as closed the gap between the glutes up to the anus to make it more linear and smooth to the opening of the anus. Basically a morph that converges the two sides of the glutes to the base of the anus would do the trick and adding some more morphs to multiple parts of the labia minor (the topology is good enough to suppor this).

void  
#57 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2022 4:28:03 PM(UTC)
void

Originally Posted by: Oxidation1988 Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Akirael Go to Quoted Post

Yeah this isn't a new problem. I have loaded up a base model with nothing on at all, no clothes, no add ons like NGs just a base character and once you get to a certain level of subd it starts doing some weird things. normally around 4 to 6. I don't know what causes it. I just blame it on Daz XD

Lol. Yah Daz is the source of all my problems as well! 8)).

Thanks for the help everyone.

3feetwolf  
#58 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2022 7:29:43 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

This problem basically only happens on HD character. Because the Render SubD Level of a HD character is set very high. The purpose of this is to get
HD morphs effect in the rendering results. Other than that, HD character is no different from the ordinary character. 

The cause of the problem is that the number of polygons that the Iray engine can handle is limited. According to my own tests, a HD character, plus
NG9's displacement map, the number of polygons that Iray needs to process when rendering these two may exceed its limit, causing the rendering to
stagnate/hang. 

To avoid this problem, it is necessary to reduce the number of polygons that Iray needs to process when rendering. There are two parameters that can
be modified to reduce the number of polygons, one is the Render SubD Level of the character; the other is the SubD Displacement Level parameter in the
Genitalia surface of NG9 in the surfaces pane. In the future update, I will set the default value of NG9's SubD Displacement Level to 4. This will
eliminate rendering stalls/hangs after applying NG9 to HD characters.  

3feetwolf  
#59 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2022 7:31:21 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: druc Go to Quoted Post
I'm sorry to hear you have Covid19 again, rubbish time of year to get it. I bought NG9 today and have the same issue with Minerva (big bulge in front). Haven't tried with any other shapes yet. I like the texture set up you have used this time. Good job.

Thank you all for your concern! I feel better and am doing my best to fix the bulge issue now. 

thanks 2 users thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
blkcrow on 12/30/2022(UTC), Akirael on 12/31/2022(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#60 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2022 7:42:01 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Sorry to hear you are not well, I hope you get better soon. When you are better I thought I would add this example. Here is what I was able to do with MeshGrabber on NG to get it to look more like what I want (and what I think looks more realistic):

I adjusted the labia minor with some random variations as well as closed the gap between the glutes up to the anus to make it more linear and smooth to the opening of the anus. Basically a morph that converges the two sides of the glutes to the base of the anus would do the trick and adding some more morphs to multiple parts of the labia minor (the topology is good enough to suppor this).

Cool! 

So your main goal is to make the butt look more natural when the thighs are splayed? Could you share me this scene for the referring? I only need the character + ng9. 

Is MeshGrabber easy to use? Morphs have too little flexibility in adjusting the shape...