Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GCXX  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2022 5:31:48 PM(UTC)
GCXX

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Do people like to see a sequence of images or would you prefer to see a single well composed still image?

Like everyone I have many ideas for stories and images floating around my head, I wonder if it's better to post single unrelated images or go down the road of saving them all for a story that may or may not ever be completed. 

How do you see the gallery in that respect?  

Blir  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2022 8:35:26 PM(UTC)
Blir

Was thanked: 209 time(s) in 179 post(s)

Originally Posted by: GCXX Go to Quoted Post

Do people like to see a sequence of images or would you prefer to see a single well composed still image?

Like everyone I have many ideas for stories and images floating around my head, I wonder if it's better to post single unrelated images or go down the road of saving them all for a story that may or may not ever be completed. 

How do you see the gallery in that respect?  

It depends (you knew that would be the answer).  Stories with plot lines are a lot more work than individual images -- plot, dialog, consistent sizes, characters, clothing, lighting, backgrounds, etc.  I've posted short stories that garnered many views/likes, and short stories that bombed.  I've found staying motivated to complete a story to be challenging, but that's just me.

Likewise, I've posted individual images that bombed and those that were very popular.  I've also posted individual images that shared a similar theme (e.g., my Asylum or Red Terror series).

If you do go down the stories-with-a-plot line, I recommend investing in Comic Life.  It will make assembly much easier than anything else I've tried (I started with PowerPoint).

In the end, do what interests you, not necessarily what you think might please others.