Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ywarior632  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2022 5:12:21 PM(UTC)
ywarior632

I’m trying to find out if there is texture mixing for genesis 8.1 females. I try applying geoshell to G8.1F, but there’s no texture mixing for 8.1F. The shell won’t blend with 8.1 skin texture. Is there anything out there? I know breasticular and fender has them.
FT_Design  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2022 5:04:22 AM(UTC)
FT_Design

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)

Hi!

This happens because they renamed the "Torso" surface to "Body" with G8.1. Maybe I will make an update sometime but for now you can use this workaround:

Workaround for G8.1 Characters

1) Load a G8F basic female and apply the product on her as you want it (load geoshell and apply materials on it). This is just temporary helper.
2) Load a geoshell on your G8.1 female by selecting her and clicking the menu: Create -> New Geometry Shell. Click accept.
3) You have to load the correct shader on the surfaces of the new geoshell. For that, select the geoshell on scene pane (its parented to your G8.1 female). Then go to the surfaces pane and select all surfaces. Double-click the following file in Content Library or under Smart Content. Its part of product "Default Recources for DAZ Studio" which is free and has to be installed (for this workaround). File: "Library\Shader Presets\Iray\DAZ Uber\!Iray Uber Base.duf"
4) Make all surfaces transparent: With all geoshell surfaces still selected find the property "Cutout Opacity" on surfaces pane (scroll way down) and set it to zero.
5) Now you can copy the "Torso" surface from the G8F temp character to the "Body" surface of the G8.1F character. For that, select the "SPO_Geoshell" on the G8F in scene. Select and right-click the "Torso" surface in surfaces. Click "Copy Selected Surface". Now Select the G8.1F geoshell and the surface "Body". Right-click: "Paste to Selected Surface".
6) Done. I thought there are some materials that extend to the legs surface but not sure anymore. If this is true you might also have to copy the "Legs" surface which is still called the same with G8.1F. You can adapt the material on your temp character as much as you want using the L.I.E. presets and then copy it over again. When finished you can either delete the temp character or hide it somewhere for later.

Respectively, you can do the same procedure with male characters.

FT_Design  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2022 10:31:16 AM(UTC)
FT_Design

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)

I have to add one more thing: Some of the overlay materials (Whip Back 1 and 2) are on the top of the back, close to the neck. To use these on G8.1 you have to do the following steps additionally:

Copy the "Torso" surface of the G8 geoshell also to the "Head" surface of the G8.1 geoshell. Switch the parameter "UV Set" of the "Head" surface to "Base Female".

With this workaround the product should work with G8.1 without limitations.