Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
McTerry69  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2022 10:53:47 AM(UTC)
McTerry69

Everytime I set up Dicktator (including Cocky Clackers) there's always a pale ring inbetween the Dicktator Shell and the character's hips that sticks out like a sore thumb and makes integrating the addon troublesome. The only thing I'm sure of is that this isn't really an issue with he shell itself, but it feels as if it's not quite covering all of the Dicktator that it needs to cover.  I can't tell if this is supposed to be a texture or a lighting issue, is there anything I should be doing with Dicktator to make merging it with the character more fluid?

gmretoica623  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2022 4:58:51 PM(UTC)
gmretoica623

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 31 post(s)

you can try changing the translucency of the "torso" surfaces on the dicktator shell

thanks 1 user thanked gmretoica623 for this useful post.
Meipe on 9/14/2022(UTC)
Nerv  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2022 9:41:06 PM(UTC)
Nerv

Hello, I'm having the same problem with Dicktator and Futalicious; especially if the lighting in the scene is dim, the pale ring between the Dicktator Shell and the character's hips is visible (see screenshot bellow)

Unfortunately, changing the translucency of the "torso" surfaces on the dicktator shell as suggested by gmretoica623 did not help (see screenshot bellow) 

As McTerry69 mentioned, the issue seems not to be connected to the shell itself, because even if I delete the shell, the pale ring is still visible (see screenshot below) 

I would greatly appreciate any assistance in this matter.

Edited by user Sunday, November 6, 2022 10:17:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TheBitterGent  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 7, 2022 2:03:18 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Lighten the Dick skin,
darken the figure skin,
give the dude pubes,
give the dude a cock ring,
make sure you are in Iray view,
manually copy and edit the body/torso material maps of the figure or the genitals or the shell.
Nerv  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 7, 2022 1:53:41 PM(UTC)
Nerv

Hello TheBitterGent, Your suggestions about hiding it or covering it with pubic hair are not always wishful, and thus unfortunately not a solution in many cases; lightening the character's skin or genitalia does not solve the problem; the pale ring remains visible.

Now "manually copy and edit the body/torso material maps of the figure or the genitals or the shell." is interesting and I assume could work; if you are experienced in this, it would be great if you could write a short tutorial here on how to do it, which specific material maps you would edit, how you would edit them, and how to make the editing overall look good for close up shots.

To replicate the "pale ring" issue:

1. Load 8.1 Character

2. Attach the Dicktator or Futalicious genitalia 

3. In the Environment Mode select Scene Only

4. Ad a dim Light source 

I've included two renders that depict the issue: one from Dicktator and one from Futalicious.

Edited by user Monday, November 7, 2022 1:59:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TheBitterGent  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2022 2:40:53 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Originally Posted by: Nerv Go to Quoted Post

... To replicate the "pale ring" issue:

1. Load 8.1 Character

2. Attach the Dicktator or Futalicious genitalia 

3. In the Environment Mode select Scene Only

4. Ad a dim Light source ...

TheBitterGent attached the following image(s):
Forum Help - Dictator Rings.png
Nerv  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2022 6:31:12 AM(UTC)
Nerv

BitterGent, you are correct. I just tested the Base Male 8.1, and he does not have the "pale line" visible; I had never used the Base Male Skin before, so I missed it; thank you for pointing this out.

Base Male 8.1 Skin

It appears to be very dependent on specific skins, so I experimented with different character skins and here are the results:

Base Female 8.1 Skin

Araminta HD for Genesis 8.1 Female Skin

Marybelle HD for Genesis 8.1 Female Skin

MSO Mina HD for Genesis 8.1 Female Skin

Lukas for Genesis 8.1 Male Skin

As shown in the examples above, some skins have a more pronounced "pale line" than others; and in my experience, almost every other skin in my collection has this problem, with a few exceptions such as "Base Male 8.1" or "E3D Tyr HD for Genesis 8.1 Male." 

Edited by user Tuesday, November 8, 2022 6:42:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TheBitterGent  
#8 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2022 3:51:28 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

So after having put more effort into to attempts to recreate this, I think your issue is being exaggerated by poor lighting.
Decreasing luminosity was a big factor in recreation with my tests.

Although, I do not own and have not tested those specific characters.
I noticed most of your mentioned test characters have milky white porcelain skin, which is not the visible case in your previews (due to lighting).
I don't believe the PBR vs Uber Iray Shaders or cases of custom UVs are variables at play here or of debate in this case after review of your test characters' product page details.
Increase luminosity and see if the effect fades.
IF you are stuck with the lighting then...

What you have is the shell gradient not covering the graft map, or at least not to your satisfaction.
If you were to use the the black skin tone preset to color the shell you can clearly see where the shell gradient ends.
The Shell itself does cover the entire Graft.
The main surface image maps in conflict are the 2 Torso Fronts and 2 Torso Middles of the Graft and the Shell.

There are various ways to blend these two to result in a more homogenized tone if the preset options are not yielding an expectable result.

You can use the multiple provided shell coloring tools to fade this effect, better matching the shell tone to the grafts tone.
Adjust Graft/Character skin tone.
Adjust the Shells tone (manually or aided by the colorize script)
or decrease the Shells (or the desired shell surfaces') opacity. (Surfaces Tab/SELECT/base/geometry/cutout opacity)
Employing a combination of these methods.

If the "ring" (shell gradient) is not as desired or is wanted to be moved further to cover the base of the graft.
Then a minor adjustment can be made easily within Daz Studio by adding a copied layer (in L.I.E.) to the desired Shells torso surface Image Maps and slid down.
If this is not to satisfaction then after basic shell colorization is finalized you can go to the torso surface image maps location in a file browser. With copy, paste, and then rename, make a duplicate of the image map and in a photo editing software recolor or add a gradient lower on the Shell Image map(s) to the image to cover more of and blend into the graft base more.
And use your new custom map instead at least for the aforementioned Shells Torso Image Maps.

Adjusting the figure's skin on the graft will result unsightly seams and graft mismatching.

Again IF the lighting is non negotiable, AND the cock root is absolutely the centerpiece of the project, then there's some stuff to do or stuff to learn.

BrimstoneOmega  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2022 4:55:36 PM(UTC)
BrimstoneOmega

Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 86 post(s)

Here's a handy camera with a ring light attached and a three point light rig you can mess around with. Might help a bit with lighting "scene only" scenes.

Edited by user Friday, November 11, 2022 5:01:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
Cameras.zip (28kb) downloaded 7 time(s).
Lights.zip (57kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
Nerv  
#10 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2022 7:47:55 PM(UTC)
Nerv

TheBitterGent, I came to the conclusion that it has nothing to do with the Geograft's Textures/Materials, but rather with how the Geograft reflects light. Turn on the "Texture Shaded" mode in the Viewport, and you will see how reflective the part is where my issue occurs, as shown in the screenshot below, and I believe there is nothing that can be done about it, it is just that the light reflects allot where the bending occurs. So basically, this particular spot reflects allot more light than any other part of the Body. 

If I'm mistaken and there is a way to reduce the shininess in a specific area (in this case, the bending part of the Genitalia), please let me know.

TheBitterGent  
#11 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2022 1:37:30 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Shine or reflectivity IS a shader in the material. 
IF its just the reflectivity because of lighter skin tones or angle, then you can just dial down the Glossy Reflection values and/or Specular Reflectivity. 
You might be able to dial the brightness (white to black more gray) down on glossy base color or the specular values to get what you need.
However simply adjusting the shell reflectivity(s) or colors too much may lead to a new undesirable shine and color discrepancy on the seams between surfaces and I doubt the issue is the reflection.
So I still say best bet is do an image edit for the front and middle torso surfaces of the shell. Just eyedropper a dark color from the shell shaft, use a big soft brush with a very low opacity and rainbow stroke it down to the base. If you get streaks lightly blur brush them out. If your editor is of the more advanced brand a healing brush would do the whole job nice and quick too. 

Edited by user Monday, November 14, 2022 1:50:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TheBitterGent attached the following image(s):
Forum Help - Dictator Rings 2.png
thanks 1 user thanked TheBitterGent for this useful post.
Meipe on 11/18/2022(UTC)
Meipe  
#12 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2022 1:57:27 PM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1236 time(s) in 615 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Nerv Go to Quoted Post

TheBitterGent, I came to the conclusion that it has nothing to do with the Geograft's Textures/Materials, but rather with how the Geograft reflects light. Turn on the "Texture Shaded" mode in the Viewport, and you will see how reflective the part is where my issue occurs, as shown in the screenshot below, and I believe there is nothing that can be done about it, it is just that the light reflects allot where the bending occurs. So basically, this particular spot reflects allot more light than any other part of the Body. 

If I'm mistaken and there is a way to reduce the shininess in a specific area (in this case, the bending part of the Genitalia), please let me know.

Maybe try to change the light setup of your scene with lateral spotlights set with a rectangle area geometry.