Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PhantasyMaster99  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2022 9:32:35 PM(UTC)
PhantasyMaster99

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hi! It's me again. I have an issue that I use a lot of custom characters and tend to get this result -- golden lines surrounding the graft -- quite often. Is there a fix for this? I'm guessing that there is some channel the script isn't copying? They occur a lot with *deleted* characters, but I've run into them with others, too.

Edited by moderator Tuesday, August 30, 2022 2:37:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Community Policy Violation - links and/or site reference

PhantasyMaster99 attached the following image(s):
GP Screenshot 2022-08-29 212749.jpg
Chaosophia  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2022 10:03:47 PM(UTC)
Chaosophia

Was thanked: 83 time(s) in 66 post(s)

On the GP have you tried expanding the horizontal and vertical tiles by a small amount. This has worked for some other grafts I use. Maybe check and see if the shell is conflicting with another shell. 

PhantasyMaster99  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2022 11:47:11 PM(UTC)
PhantasyMaster99

I tried messing with the offset first - no dice there. Then I saw the figure had an anatomy and a no anatomy version. Once I used the no anatomy it worked fine, so evidently the anatomy stuck out so much or was so different than the base figure it was conflicting. I wonder how GP will respond to base morphs on the G8, for instance modifying the Mons Venus through Nirvy's Natural Private, as the geoshell is supposed to form around the figure and base morphs "shouldn't" affect it (I assume). I actually have a moment between renders so I'll do some experimenting, but I believe if the figure's anatomy is significantly bigger or juts out, it can cause this issue. I also noticed GP was using the same skin channel (one of the ones that is rarely used but DC characters use them) as the character but it had different values. I don't understand the difference, but I did see a normal G8 didn't have values there to begin with, so that also might be an issue. But once I removed the basic anatomy (note this is not the G8 anatomy from Daz and isn't even a geograft, it just gives the appearance of workable genitalia for nude shots) it seems to be working fine. Every time these issues cropped up before I was in a time crunch and didn't have time to experiment.

Btw...if you guys are looking for hyper-realistic skin, you might check Digital Creations, the people that do all the clothes freebies. It is a pain putting tattoos and make-up on multiple skin channels, but the end result can look fantastic even with extreme closeups.
haruchai  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2022 5:35:55 AM(UTC)
haruchai

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 58 post(s)

From what you describe I'm guessing the Digital Creations character you were having issues with was from the Anatomically Correct range. These use displacement to achieve the look of the genitals and the MAT copy script of GP will not copy the displacement parameter to the shell. So you end up with a mismatch between GP shell with no displacement and the torso texture that has it. The normal Full (no anatomy) version does not have displacement so works for GP.

So if you want to use GP over the AC texture you can note the displacement settings and zero them out or put them in depending on whether GP is attached or not or use the Genital or Full mat presets as the only difference between them is setting that displacement for you.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 30, 2022 5:41:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PhantasyMaster99  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2022 6:46:34 AM(UTC)
PhantasyMaster99

Thanks for the info! Most of the Digital Creation characters now have an option to exclude the genitalia, but some of the older ones don't and I've had this problem with a few other characters where the creator got a little ambitious down there.