Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cloudwatcher  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2022 7:52:57 PM(UTC)
cloudwatcher

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)

Hey, sorry if this is a newb question but I was wondering how I can save custom settings for Breastacular and apply them to another character? I've tried saving as shaping preset and properties preset but neither have worked. Thanks!

BrotherHades  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2022 3:37:02 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)
Which parts are you trying to save/apply presets to. Keep in mind with how breastacular is set up, most of the breast morphs are actually in the base figure, while the nipple morphs are built into the graft itself. So depending on what morphs you are wanting saved in the preset, you would either be saving as a shaping preset for G8F or breastacular, and if saving for both breasts and nipples, it might require two different presets be saved. I have started saving grafted figures I want to use later as scene subsets, as that way all the clothing and grafts, morphing etc. all is saved in a single file, and the file is smaller than a scene file.
cloudwatcher  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2022 12:01:23 AM(UTC)
cloudwatcher

Ok, thanks. So maybe no way to save all the settings at once.

I've been having terrible luck saving characters with Breastacular into scene subsets. Breastacular seems to literally go sideways when I try to save and load a scene subset. When I load the subset into the scene, or even just open it, the breasts are displaced from the model. Or sometimes I move the model and the breasts don't move with her.

Occasionally I'll have an issue with a full scene file as well, but that's less common. And duplicating a character that has Breastacular attached also hasn't worked terribly well.

Working around these issues where the graft messes up so badly on save / load was part of the motivation for this question. If there was an easy way to save presets, I could just delete the misbehaving Breastacular, add a new one, copy the mat and apply the settings to get my character back to where they were when I saved the file.

But it would also be great if when I got a nice combination of settings I liked for nipple rings, folds, areola, etc. that I could re-use that "recipe" for other characters in the future.

BrimstoneOmega  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2022 9:07:20 AM(UTC)
BrimstoneOmega

Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 86 post(s)
I make characters way more than actually rendering, I've made literally hundreds of female toons with all kinds of attachments, including breastacular. That said, the only times I've ever run into issues like you're having have been if I had set the breasts up for collisions, then saved the character, and then loaded her another time without her matching collision object. Then, the collisions default back to the character that has the breasts equipped, thus causing an issue because the breasts are trying to collide with the chest of the figure they are attached to.

That said, what you want is achievable, just save the setting as a shaping preset (with Breastacular selected in the scene tab, I think, could be another popup window that asks, running from memory here), from the same menu you use to save a scene subset. If you want you can look up "ERC Freeze" and even make a dial with the shaping preset, and you'll have a slider like what Meipe made that comes with Breastacular. I've done this quite a few times with GP settings and Dicktator shapes.
thanks 2 users thanked BrimstoneOmega for this useful post.
Meipe on 8/22/2022(UTC), cloudwatcher on 9/11/2022(UTC)
cloudwatcher  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2022 9:06:54 AM(UTC)
cloudwatcher

Thanks @BrimstoneOmega! I did try the Shaping preset route, but it didn't seem to work. I'll give it another go.