Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SuperNoob  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2022 9:54:48 PM(UTC)
SuperNoob

The first few characters I tried worked perfectly. I tried G8, G8.1, G8.1 with G3 skin, etc, all of them worked fine. Then I got to one that didn't want to work.

Tatum HD for G8 by Mousso. The character is G8, has normal iray textures (not the newer PBR textures), uses Base Female UVs.

When I run the Mat copy it seems like it's worked properly but when I render it doesn't match the color quite right. It looks like the shell has a slight tan compared to the actual character texture. Not sure if I'm making a mistake somewhere but I can't see how as all of the other characters I've tried worked fine.

I've tried this G8 texture on G8 and on G8.1 (using the respective Mat copy), both give the same result.

The image below is the default character load of Tatum G8. G8 selected, GP added, shell added, mat copied.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Meipe  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2022 11:00:30 AM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1234 time(s) in 614 post(s)
TheBitterGent  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2022 2:18:20 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 112 post(s)

I don't own the character to test, but looking at the details and prior experience with similar issues.
I would say most likely the issue is in the subsurface scattering (adjustable in surfaces tab).

Other things possibly towards a fix,
*- is it possible you are adding the grafts mat copy to the shell? (load character, apply desired skin mat, load GP Graft, run Mat Copy, then load GP Shell, run Shell Fix If needed)(It might not have been as visible an issue with other tested characters lacking a high Subsurface Scattering)

- adjust the lighting angle (and turn off camera headlamps if in use) and/or adjust the antropancies (angle the light reflects out) of glossy, reflective, or Subsurface Scattering in the GP shell or graft
surfaces, (this is easily tested for by changing camera view shot at angle Left or Right (aprx 45 degrees) instead of 90, or rotate the character, if the "tan" disappears this is the issue.
- baby step translucency (just lighten the GP Graft or GP Shell color (or saturation) very slightly),
- check if there are any makeups the character has applied via additional shells - (usually causes "white shell"ing) use Shell Fix for these cases. *Errors in Hierarchical makeup Mats may change the skin after loaded so another Mat Copy run may be needed after some makeups application.
- OH and also make sure you're in Iray AND have a selection tool (ie: node selector) equipped not an editor tool (ie: geometry editor tool) (these cases are usually viewport visibility nuisance and I
don't believe they effect final renders as much, but still fairly common bug/mistake worth a look.

Hope this helps.

*EDIT upon second read

Edited by user Sunday, August 14, 2022 2:52:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Load Order Questions

thanks 1 user thanked TheBitterGent for this useful post.
Meipe on 8/20/2022(UTC)
SuperNoob  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2022 12:43:38 PM(UTC)
SuperNoob

Thanks for your suggestions everyone, much appreciated.
Saving the file and relaunching Daz resolved the texture issue immediately
Meipe  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2022 2:16:46 AM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1234 time(s) in 614 post(s)