Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Thyranq  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2022 8:57:26 AM(UTC)
Thyranq

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hello there,

Figured I'd make an official introduction greeting thing. How are we all doing?

My name is Mike, but online I go by a name that I made up for a character in a book when I was in high school because it's never taken because I made it up - Thyranq. I've been mucking about in DAZ Studio for 9 years, 10 in August, so I can't say that I'm new. I also can't say that I'm new HERE, as I started coming to this site probably about 8 years ago when I found out about it. I was too coy then to really get into the adult side of it, other than a few nude images. This year I really took the plunge, though.

I try for realism in my renders, mostly portraits and closeups. I like tinkering with settings and swapping out or blending textures to create frankenstein characters that I can at least say I had a hand in creating lol

Romina is my flagship character, you can see piles of renders of her in any of my galleries. She was one of the first ones that I really dug into and tried to push myself to see how far I could take an 'out of the box' character. Mousso made her, and I spent about a year refining her into the version that I use now. She's been my go-to model ever since. Until recently, when I just kind of didn't like being constrained to one good character. I made a male, Joel, and he's great, but I can't put the two of them in a scene together or my computer will melt lol.

So I started on a couple of other characters, Kari, and Sasha, both of which you can see in my gallery on here. Romina's the one that's in most of the images, Kari is the pale blonde, and Sasha is the red-head tattooed gal. I just finished Sasha, so there's not much of her around yet, but there will be. 

I used to post all of my stuff on the DAZ Gallery up until last Christmas. I was uploading holiday images every week, and having a great time with it, until I put one up of Romina, back on in a lace bodysuit with a Santa hat on her hip, draping down over her buttox. DAZ removed it from the gallery, I guess cause there was "too much" ass in it, but that kind of ticked me off cause they're the ones I bought the bloody outfit from lol - like why advertise it and sell it if you won't let people post it? Like, yes, they have the anatomical elements in their bundles, but they're not their OWN PRODUCT, nor are they really advertised. 

Anyway, I haven't posted anything on there since, and as a bit of a middle finger about the whole thing, I did an adult version of the image and posted it here. I figured I might as well make it as obscene as they thought it was, so I did. It's here if you want to take a look.

And that was what started it. Every image in my gallery on here after that one was a result of that. I enjoy creating these, it's a fun, fresh take on the artwork.

So yeah, there's my little introduction, and story on how, after 9 years, I ended up finally being an actual active member here! Cheers!

Zeppelin  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2022 3:28:39 PM(UTC)
Zeppelin

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 96 post(s)
I experienced the same thing many years ago. I posted a nude on Daz and they took it down saying if I wanted to post smut I should do it at Renderotica. That was back in 2006. I had never heard of Renderotica, but I'm at least grateful to them for pointing out the site. I've been posting here ever since. The thing with Daz is that they are based in Utah, a very religious state, and have a very odd attitude towards the model, making the genitalia "extra" and only offering it on the "pro" model packages often costing about a hundred dollars or more. It seems they consider the naked human body something dirty, and do everything they can to discourage erotic work. Not seeing their own hypocrisy, they want to sell characters, just not anatomically correct ones. No matter, the third-party geographs of genitalia are far superior to their "pro" models. I'm sure they welcome the sales, just not the artists.