Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DirtyMindDesigns  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2022 11:48:27 AM(UTC)
DirtyMindDesigns

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hi Everyone,

First let me start by apologizing if this is covered elsewhere... I tried every search I could think of but I just don't see it anywhere.

So I was wondering if USM can work with NewGens for Gen8.1 F. When I try to apply it, I get the white crotch. I've tried fiddling with offsets, as well as copying textures over but I don't seem to be getting it right.

Any help at all would be amazing! Thank you!

We're all Dirty Minded... so let's make some Filthy Art!
Thunder-3D  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2022 11:47:32 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 158 post(s)

Hey, sorry for the delay in responding!

USM was primarily designed to work with Meipe's gens. I don't have any easy way to make it work on New Gens, however there are a lot of extra maps that are provided in the runtime folder, for customizers to work with that may help. To use those you'll need to be a little familiar with the Surfaces tab in Studio.

The product used to (sort-of) support default DAZ gens, but because of the very "short" uv space that they provide, the water droplets tended to stretch and look like wierd little worms, so when I did the update last year I dropped the DAZ gens but left the maps in the runtime for customizers.

DirtyMindDesigns  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2022 12:46:08 PM(UTC)
DirtyMindDesigns

Thanks for the reply! I am pretty familiar with the ins and outs of the surfaces tab, at least with respect to modifying and replacing texture files...can you give me some idea of where to start? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thunder-3D  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2022 7:45:01 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 158 post(s)

Originally Posted by: DirtyMindDesigns Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the reply! I am pretty familiar with the ins and outs of the surfaces tab, at least with respect to modifying and replacing texture files...can you give me some idea of where to start? Any help is greatly appreciated!

In the Documents folder there is a file called "DAZ Genetalia Notes", it has detailed instructions on getting the G8F gens to work in USM 1.2, it's actually pretty easy,

Once you understand what's being done there to make that work, you "should" be able to apply the same idea to New Gens and even DAZ male gens (using the extra maps in the runtime folder under "Graft Blends").

Once you get it to an appearance you like, just save a material preset of the shell and you can reapply that without having to start from scratch every time you apply it to a new character. :)

thanks 1 user thanked Thunder-3D for this useful post.
DirtyMindDesigns on 5/26/2022(UTC)
DirtyMindDesigns  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2022 12:14:37 PM(UTC)
DirtyMindDesigns

Excellent, thanks! I'll give it a shot... thanks again for your time, I really appreciate it!