Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
evilded777  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2022 3:56:24 PM(UTC)
evilded777

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I wonder if anyone else has had this issue....I had it happen once before, but... it mysteriously went away after a computer restart.

No geoshell I load contains the materials for any geografts. Tried multiple versions of Dicktator, plus DAZ geocrafts. Nothing works.

I even cleared the DSON cache on the off chance something hanging around in there was being a problem.  Anyone every seen this before? Know how to fix it by any chance?

TheBitterGent  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2022 1:23:18 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Loading the Graft and Shell:
With the Figure Selected, Load the Graft, Load the Shell, Run the correct Material Copy Script.
If the Shell is white, Select the Shell and Run the Shell Fixer Script.
- NOTE: This must also be ran on other shells that are loaded as well.

Colorizing a Shell:
Select the Graft or Shell as needed and load the desired shell color/effect.
NOTE: Some shell coloring scripts will not show unless in Iray view, and some will not show until render.
Also be sure you are using the selector tool not and editor tool like geometry editor, bone editor, or mesh grabber as these will commonly hide shells and other effects while in use.

If these steps are followed and you're still having issues. Check to be sure your GPU drivers are up to date, or that you aren't exceeding the memory limit of the GPU in large scenes.

I hope that helps to fix the issue.
thanks 1 user thanked TheBitterGent for this useful post.
Meipe on 5/19/2022(UTC)
evilded777  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2022 6:44:13 AM(UTC)
evilded777

I appreciate your clear directions TBG,I wish the problem was as simple as not being able to follow directions (and I've made that mistake before).

I've been doing this for quite a while, and though I occasionally make mistakes... this isn't one of those times. Not only does it not work if I start from scratch, I have a number of preset characters that I routinely load: step one the figure with its materials, step two a wearable preset that contains hair, anatomy and sometimes multiple geoshells.  Nothing works.

I switched over to the beta of Studio... everything loads fine.

So I used the scripts to copy all my custom settings over: broken again.

Clean install of the beta: everything loads fine.

So it is a repeatable issue.  I just don't know what is causing it. Nothing changed in my custom settings between Monday, when it worked, and Tuesday when it didn't.

evilded777  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2022 8:22:51 AM(UTC)
evilded777

So, changing the layout and restoring it back to my custom layout fixed the issue. Makes zero sense, but its a good idea to always save your custom layout and save it frequently.
TheBitterGent  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2022 8:43:16 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 112 post(s)
There was an issue with saving custom layouts and viewport settings upon reopening DS on the previous version of DS. (I believe it has been repaired in current public builds lastest update). The required folders were missing and so DS was not able to write new saves or hold viewport state when closing.

I wonder if your issue was related. Might want to double check the current viewport setting and layout are saving properly after you close and reopen DAZ.

If so, glad you got it working again.
thanks 1 user thanked TheBitterGent for this useful post.
Meipe on 5/19/2022(UTC)
fiyota  
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2022 5:36:24 PM(UTC)
fiyota

I had an issue where I couldn't get any of my geoshells to load or inject materials onto them. Turned out to be that I had the geometry editor tool selected. Breaks the geoshells for some reason.
Meipe  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2022 1:22:39 PM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1240 time(s) in 616 post(s)

Originally Posted by: fiyota Go to Quoted Post
I had an issue where I couldn't get any of my geoshells to load or inject materials onto them. Turned out to be that I had the geometry editor tool selected. Breaks the geoshells for some reason.

Because it unparents the grafts, so the surfaces naming gets changed ;)