3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BrotherHades  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2021 10:05:57 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Look in your Golden Palace subfolders, you should see one labeled 9-Genesis 8_1

that folder includes the graft, shell, and Mat Copy script for use with G8.1

ingsoc39  
#22 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2021 2:48:04 AM(UTC)
ingsoc39

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Thanks, I will have a look. You are refering to the folders in the content tab itself of the daz studio where I installed GP 8.1, OR the zip files to be installed?

BrotherHades  
#23 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2021 3:48:43 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Originally Posted by: ingsoc39 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks, I will have a look. You are refering to the folders in the content tab itself of the daz studio where I installed GP 8.1, OR the zip files to be installed?

The Content Library tab, but the folder would be in the .zip as well 

Content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Anatomy/Golden Palace v2/9-Genesis 8_1 should be the full path (Content could be replaced by My Library or My Daz3D Library depending on how much newer your install structure is. Content used to be the default install folder and along the way Daz has changed the default install folder a couple times over the years. however Daz still uses Content in their .zips if you use manual downloads) if you look along that path and the .zip you have doesn't contain the 9-Genesis 8_1 subfolder then you don't have the most recent .zip

thanks 2 users thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
ContentModerator on 12/30/2021(UTC), Meipe on 12/31/2021(UTC)
mn2307  
#24 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2021 3:14:57 AM(UTC)
mn2307

Originally Posted by: Meipe Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: mn2307 Go to Quoted Post

I have issues with materials both for G8F and G81F. only part of the shell seems to get the correct material

Can you give some details? Ansd maybe a screenshot of your scene tab?

I followed the exact workflow I had with the previous version - following the numbered items in the file list. 1-adedd the graft, 2-added the geoshell, 3-copied the material. in step 2 and 3, I always used the graft selector tool to play safe.

I found a work-around by switching step 2 and step 3, i.e. apply the material copy first, then add the geoshell. I also tried various versions of DS, and it seems thatv the behaviour has changed on the way from version 4.15.0.30 to 4.16.0.3

thanks 1 user thanked mn2307 for this useful post.
Meipe on 12/31/2021(UTC)
ingsoc39  
#25 Posted : Saturday, January 1, 2022 7:37:01 AM(UTC)
ingsoc39

Problem solved, I fixed all issues, will detail tomorrow, rather simple, but a small light bulb just went off in my head having read the last post.
Vially  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2022 10:58:49 PM(UTC)
Vially

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

Content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Anatomy/Golden Palace v2/9-Genesis 8_1 should be the full path (Content could be replaced by My Library or My Daz3D Library depending on how much newer your install structure is. Content used to be the default install folder and along the way Daz has changed the default install folder a couple times over the years. however Daz still uses Content in their .zips if you use manual downloads) if you look along that path and the .zip you have doesn't contain the 9-Genesis 8_1 subfolder then you don't have the most recent .zip

Where do we find the most recent Zip? I've been trying to find an update or message of an update since about 2 Weeks after G8.1F came out... 

haruchai  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 8:10:05 AM(UTC)
haruchai

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 58 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Vially Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

Where do we find the most recent Zip? I've been trying to find an update or message of an update since about 2 Weeks after G8.1F came out... 

Go to 'Account' at the top right of the page. Click on 'Downloads'. This will bring you to a list of all available downloadable products. If you can't see 'Golden Palace For Genesis 8 Female' you may need to search for it. (I have 155 pages so to find things I have to search). There are 4 search boxes at the top. In the one named 'SKU Name' type 'golden palace' and press search. This will give you the list of Golden Palace products you own. There will be 3 for 'Golden Palace For Genesis 8 Female'. Now either 1) download the latest file or 2) hit the 'Reset' button next to one of them to reset the download and then download.

IIRC Meipe only has the latest one there after a hiccup in the software recently which stopped the update messages.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 5, 2022 8:17:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Clarification of a couple of steps

thanks 1 user thanked haruchai for this useful post.
Meipe on 1/7/2022(UTC)
Vially  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 9:10:02 AM(UTC)
Vially

Perfect! I can see in the Zip file that there is Subfolder 9-Genesis 8_1... so hopefully I can get it working again tonight!

noob_yg  
#29 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2022 7:35:11 PM(UTC)
noob_yg

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)

Originally Posted by: matt Go to Quoted Post

Just an FYI for all y'all, I was very careful in my uninstallation of my old GP files, removing only the folders that were in the new zip. Regardless, I had to reinstall Stereo Love, Storming the Palace, and Xameva's Deep Inside Her for G8F. Apparently some of the files for those addons were in the core data folder. Just something to keep in mind. 

In order to avoid the issue, you may only cancel these folders:

data\Meipex\GoldenPalace\GoldenPalace_Genitalia_v2\Morphs\Meipex\Base

data\Meipex\GoldenPalace\GoldenPalace_Genitalia_v2\Morphs\Meipex\P*eon 1, 2 3 (if you have them installed)

People\Genesis 8 Female\Anatomy\Golden Palace v2

Hi Meipe,

Happy new year to you and all.

I wanted to point out that if you delete this folder "People\Genesis 8 Female\Anatomy\Golden Palace v2" you will be deleting Pussy Wizard with it (if you have it of course).

Now, I'm contacting you 'cause I recently found an issue that I haven't seen before. I believe to be related when using some skin textures designed for G8 figure on a G8.1 figure. There are some white lines (seams) across the GP when I use a G8 material on a G8.1 figure.

--------------------------

Ok... I was assessing this issue while I was writing this post and in the process found the solution. So, if anyone encounter this, you have to go to the surface tab and select the body (Figure name>Surfaces>Body) and make sure that the "UV Set" is set to Base 8.1 Female.

Cheers.

thanks 2 users thanked noob_yg for this useful post.
Meipe on 1/9/2022(UTC), gunso on 4/14/2022(UTC)
SuperNoob  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2023 4:22:03 PM(UTC)
SuperNoob

"Am I correct that I should download the NEW product, and before I install the files, I should UNINSTALL the following three folders from the preupdated file structure?" -> yes, but only if you have the v2 version: "People\Genesis 8 Female\Anatomy\Golden Palace v2"

Unfortunately Xameva if off the radars, but I tested his "Deep inside Her" package and it works for me with GP v2 (I just moved the "Xameva_Deep Inside GP" folder as a sub-loder People/...Anatomy/Golden Palace V2 folder for ease of use).

Hi Meipe,

Do Xameva's morph / shaping sliders work for you with GPv2 or just the 1-click presets?

I can see (and use) the 1-click presets within the content library but the actual morph / shaping sliders don't show up for me at all.

I think this is because Xameva's files refer to the original Golden Palace and not Golden Palace v2

Sorry for reviving this ancient thread, this was the only place I could see this being discussed.

Meipe  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2023 4:32:51 AM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1237 time(s) in 615 post(s)

Originally Posted by: SuperNoob Go to Quoted Post

I think this is because Xameva's files refer to the original Golden Palace and not Golden Palace v2

You nailed the problem. As far as I can remember I offered Xameva to update his product , but he did not aswer me...

BlackmoonForge  
#32 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2023 6:13:52 PM(UTC)
BlackmoonForge

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Meipe,

I just discovered that when using the golden  palace on the genesis 8.1F (Squishy) when loading the material from step 9 for 8.1 it loads the texture material as black. It working normally with the standard 8.1F figure with no issue but once you then add a skin material the material for the golden palace turns black.

attached are the screen shots of the Genesis 8F and Genesis 8.1F (Middle) and the Right is the SHP Squishy Genesis 8.1F where the golden palace is working

the next screenshot is of when the skin was added and the n reapplied the mat copy under 9-genesis 8_1 which then turns the golden palace a black material

now I tested with the figure that is on the left side of the 2 images which is a Genesis 8F and its working correctly.  I tested as well with the SHP Squishy Genesis 8F and it also loads correctly

Thanks

Nunzio

Edited by user Sunday, March 5, 2023 12:38:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BlackmoonForge attached the following image(s):
Genesis 8.1 Golden Palace loading correctly.png
Genesis 8.1 Golden Palace not loading correctly.png
thanks 1 user thanked BlackmoonForge for this useful post.
Cr1sp on 3/5/2023(UTC)
Cr1sp  
#33 Posted : Sunday, March 5, 2023 5:50:08 AM(UTC)
Cr1sp

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)

I have a similar issue as the poster above. It actually started happening in the middle of a Daz 3D session - I made one model with GP and no issues and the next model I worked on (same scene) suddenly had the black texture after the GP material copy step 2. Then, when I tried to re-do all the steps with the first model it started turning up black consistently.

After that, I closed Daz3D (version 4.21.0.5), rebooted my machine, removed all installed components of GP by hand, re-downloaded the most recent version from RE and re-installed. Now it keeps happening whenever I try to work with a G8.1F custom skin (vanilla skin is fine, G8F works for custom and vanilla.) Also tried the suggestion from upthread to switch the work flow up but that didn't make a difference.

In a single image:

kcam001  
#34 Posted : Sunday, March 5, 2023 1:35:28 PM(UTC)
kcam001

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 24 post(s)

I've never actually used any of the custom skins with GP on G8.1, however Is it possible the shell is getting displaced as I know that happens when you place characters over large distances such as a baseball field or a running track. You could try increasing the offset distance to say 0.10 or try using the built in shell fix. i'll try some experiments see if I can't replicate the issue

Cracked it. Setup HID Anna 8.1 with GP and it came up up with the issue you're having. To rectify you'll need to use the GP shell majora V2 shell alongside the original GP shell then use the shell fix on both. For the Matt copy there's one for the G8 and one for the G8.1. If you're using G8.1 you'll need to use the latter

Edited by user Sunday, March 5, 2023 2:08:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked kcam001 for this useful post.
Cr1sp on 3/5/2023(UTC), Meipe on 3/7/2023(UTC), 59Burst on 3/21/2023(UTC)
BlackmoonForge  
#35 Posted : Sunday, March 5, 2023 2:47:22 PM(UTC)
BlackmoonForge

Update to my previous post above and I just tried again with the Golden Palace v2 step 9-Genesis 8.1 and with a different skin added to the figure and its working correctly.  I am wondering it is works with certain characters skins.  I am using the skin from Aisling (daz) and its working correctly

Thanks

Nunzio

thanks 3 users thanked BlackmoonForge for this useful post.
Cr1sp on 3/5/2023(UTC), Meipe on 3/7/2023(UTC), 59Burst on 3/21/2023(UTC)
Cr1sp  
#36 Posted : Sunday, March 5, 2023 4:39:31 PM(UTC)
Cr1sp

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Originally Posted by: kcam001 Go to Quoted Post

I've never actually used any of the custom skins with GP on G8.1, however Is it possible the shell is getting displaced as I know that happens when you place characters over large distances such as a baseball field or a running track. You could try increasing the offset distance to say 0.10 or try using the built in shell fix. i'll try some experiments see if I can't replicate the issue

Cracked it. Setup HID Anna 8.1 with GP and it came up up with the issue you're having. To rectify you'll need to use the GP shell majora V2 shell alongside the original GP shell then use the shell fix on both. For the Matt copy there's one for the G8 and one for the G8.1. If you're using G8.1 you'll need to use the latter

I didn't mention it in my original post but I was already using the displacement parameter/Shell Fix macro and it doesn't make it a difference. Also, usually when I have a shell stacking issue, it shows up as an untextured white rather than this black glitch.

You refered to the shell majora V2 - after googling, I found that it's part of Pussy Wizard and I didn't own that one. Remember, everything was working fine until yesterday evening when it actually started glitching consistently mid work flow.

But anyway, I bought PW for the new shell majora and the only thing that changed is that the glitch now shows up white on both custom Uber Iray and PBR skins.

I want to emphasize that things changed mid session and that I did a complete redownload / reinstall of all the relevant assets. Tomorrow, I'll try redownloading the 8.1 essentials and see if that makes a difference (it really feels like something is corrupted somewhere in the data stack, rather than a bug in GP.)

Truly appreciate all the helpfulness and experimenting - cheers guys!

EDIT: Hang on, I got it working by changing the work flow order: 1-GoldenPalace_Genitalia_v2, 3-GoldenPalace_Material Copy_v2-G8F 8_1, 2-GoldenPalace_Shell_v2-G8F 8_1
Huh, weird how that works but at least I can carry on golden palacing.

Edited by user Sunday, March 5, 2023 4:44:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: New insight

thanks 1 user thanked Cr1sp for this useful post.
Meipe on 3/7/2023(UTC)
BlackmoonForge  
#37 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2023 12:31:33 PM(UTC)
BlackmoonForge

Meipe,

I think I might of found the issue with Genesis 8.1 and the black mat covering the genitailia, I looked at the last post and decided to uninstall pussy wizard and then try again and this time the material is loading correctly.  It is looking like something in pussy wizard is causing the material to not load correctly.

I am including a image with the showing that with pussy wizard uninstalled corrected the issue.

I also sent a dm to meipe letting them know of the issue steming from Pussy Wizard for Golden Palace

Thanks

Nunzio

Edited by user Monday, March 6, 2023 12:46:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Insight on Material not loading correctly for 8.1 figures

BlackmoonForge attached the following image(s):
test showing its working without pussy wizard copy.png
Meipe  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2023 1:34:47 PM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1237 time(s) in 615 post(s)

Originally Posted by: BlackmoonForge Go to Quoted Post

Meipe,

I think I might of found the issue with Genesis 8.1 and the black mat covering the genitailia, I looked at the last post and decided to uninstall pussy wizard and then try again and this time the material is loading correctly.  It is looking like something in pussy wizard is causing the material to not load correctly.

I am including a image with the showing that with pussy wizard uninstalled corrected the issue.

I also sent a dm to meipe letting them know of the issue steming from Pussy Wizard for Golden Palace

Thanks

Nunzio

I can't reproduct the bug, sorry.

Did you try to set up GP with only one shell as the original package, and only when the material is successfully copied, load and set the Pussy Wizard second geoshell (labia majora)?

BlackmoonForge  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2023 3:46:37 PM(UTC)
BlackmoonForge

Meipe,

after reinstalling pussy wizard into the database it seems to be working when loading first the GP Golden Palace then loading the Material then the Shell I am no longer running into the issue of the material not loading correctly and turning the material to the skin of the figure (Any Skin)

Thanks
Nunzio
thanks 1 user thanked BlackmoonForge for this useful post.
Meipe on 3/12/2023(UTC)
RKane_1  
#40 Posted : Thursday, May 11, 2023 4:52:43 PM(UTC)
RKane_1

Okay, I am getting this issue when using Golden Place on a G8.1F figure. I selected the figure, added GP, Added the shell and that seems to work fine but when I try to get the material, this occurs... 

Now I THINK I downloaded the new one and deleted the old before updating but.... could I be misremembering> I was using the items SPECIFICALLY FOR G8.1F when I tried to use it and G8F works fine.

**UPDATE**: Completely eliminated my install and reloaded. Also tried taking the shell out of the equation and whether I deo or not, the MAT COPY function yields that strange result. I am using the Suzi HD 8.1 Female figure and mats. Hopefully this provides you with the necessary clues to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Edited by user Thursday, May 11, 2023 5:55:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified