Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
voezta  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2021 1:06:25 AM(UTC)
voezta

So lightBlue's golden growler was not able to work with other grafts besides golden palace,  yet one user has provided a solution to this, that is transfer the pubic hair from a prop into a figure and then use transfer utility to make the pubic hair fit perfectly with all grafts. Yet the problem is that every single time there is a loading move involved in the software, the transferred golden growler will become a gray tube in the view port.

zombiecharger65  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 2:20:56 AM(UTC)
zombiecharger65

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
None of the light blue genital hairs work right. They won't load properly and take some work. Then when moving the character via pose, the hair stays in place even though the character has moved. Fit To, Parent to, nothing works right. It shouldnt even be allowed to be sold until it is fixed.
thanks 1 user thanked zombiecharger65 for this useful post.
SoftDark on 10/29/2022(UTC)
wurger  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 6:29:24 PM(UTC)
wurger

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 62 post(s)

I have never seen the gray tube problem, but agree that the GG products can be tricky to work with.

I've found that it is best to get your figure located and the final pose set before loading the GG prop. You can move the character after GG is attached, but you have to move the hip.

Pilot72  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2021 6:01:44 AM(UTC)
Pilot72

I have the same problem as Zombicharger65. The interesting point is, that the older product "Growler for GP" works fine, but none of the Hairs of the both "Golden Growler" packages does! They don't fit to the GP shell and of course don't follow its movements.
lightBLUE  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2021 3:40:14 PM(UTC)
lightBLUE

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 20 post(s)

Originally Posted by: zombiecharger65 Go to Quoted Post
None of the light blue genital hairs work right. They won't load properly and take some work. Then when moving the character via pose, the hair stays in place even though the character has moved. Fit To, Parent to, nothing works right. It shouldnt even be allowed to be sold until it is fixed.

This is a little too harsh, don't you think? Have you actually tried all of them?

Are you saying that QA testers don't know how to do their job? Could it be that you're not using the product correctly?

Are you following the instructions from "readme" file? Are you using the correct figure? If you write to me with the details, I'm sure we can find a solution for your problem, there is no need for frustration.

If you are referring to strand-based hair props, those can only be fitted to the figure that they're designed for. If your G8F is already posed and you fit the product first and parent it in place after that, the prop should just snap right to the posed figure. If the prop is fitted and then parented to the figure you should move the G8F figure by the "hip" and not by the root bone, however if you'd like to move it by the root bone you just need to unparent the prop and after that you should be able to move the G8F figure by the root bone as well and the prop should fallow the figure.

If this doesn't solve your problem and/or you have any other problems with any of my products I'll be more than happy to help you, and please feel free to write to me at any time, my e-mail address is stated in every "readme" file of every product of mine.

The same goes for all other buyers, please do write to me if you have any problems or questions, I'm always happy to answer and provide help with any issues that you might have with any of my products. Sometimes I don't see these posts and it is always better to write directly to my e-mail and I'll make sure to answer asap.

I appreciate all of you guys that find my products interesting enough to buy them, and I'm here to assist you in any way I can.

Cheers!

lightBLUE  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2021 3:53:50 PM(UTC)
lightBLUE

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 20 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Pilot72 Go to Quoted Post
I have the same problem as Zombicharger65. The interesting point is, that the older product "Growler for GP" works fine, but none of the Hairs of the both "Golden Growler" packages does! They don't fit to the GP shell and of course don't follow its movements.

Hey, sorry to hear that you're having issues with the product.

First of all, the "GP" one is a different technology, the new products are all strand-based hair and that one is fibermesh, so there are some differences between them.

The second thing is, the last few of golden growlers are made for Golden Palace v2 and "GP" was made for a previous version.

And I would also like to ask you to write to my e-mail (you can find it in "readme" file), with all the details, and I'll do my best to help you with whatever it might be that is causing your problem.

Cheers!

Pilot72  
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 13, 2021 6:21:45 AM(UTC)
Pilot72

Hello LightBlue,

unfortunately this information:
"The second thing is, the last few of golden growlers are made for Golden Palace v2 and "GP" was made for a previous version."
is not mentioned anywhere, not in the product description on the sales site, nor in the readme file.

However, when GP v2 was introduced, this product carried the v2 in the name. It seems that they changed that, there is only one product "Golden Palace" available (and that's the new v2 of course). For customers who own both versions, like me, such a notice somewhere would be helpful. Especially since I did not notice before that they cut the v2 from the Golden Palace product, and when I checked the compatiblity on the web page, there was written "Golden Palace" - which appeared as v1 for me.

Well, I tried it on my installed v2, and it did not work as well.
Then I deleted this installation and downloaded the Golden Palace (v2) again. After I installed that fresh download, the hair finally worked. It means that GP v2 got some later updates and the hair does not work without that updates.

I hope that information will help to other people who have as well trouble with the Golden Growler.

Meipe  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2021 5:48:01 AM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1237 time(s) in 615 post(s)
If any of you guys need the previous version of GP for the oder hairs, just mail me at [email protected] with the reference of your GP purchase, and I'll send it to you.

I used to leave the old version zips in the download page, but lately there have been some issues with the website and, long story short, I have to keep now the downloadable files to a low number, so only zips for the latest updates.

BTW, there won't be a v3 version of GP (at least not for G8F/GF8.1), only simple expansions, so lightblue's hairs for GP v2 will still work with future updates.
noob_yg  
#9 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2021 1:50:10 AM(UTC)
noob_yg

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi lightBLUE,

I was about to buy some of the growler products and stumbled with this thread. Then did a bit of google research trying to understand the problem and found other posts and whatnot. A lot of things are still flying over my head, but as I understand the problem resides in the SBH technology and its inability to adapt to a modified geometry. If I understand correctly, this issue does not occur with the fibermesh products. Also, it seems that for short hair (as your product in question) the fibermesh may provide better performance/results. If all of the above is correct, have you considered releasing updated/new growler products with fibermesh technology for the latest Golden Palace?

Your products look like one of the most if not the most realistic/natural pubic hair I've seen, but having to unparent/parent/fit to... etc. is an extra step that deters me from purchase it.

Also, out of curiosity, what advantages, if any, has SBH over fibermesh? I'm assuming there are some since you swap from one to the other.

Cheers
thanks 1 user thanked noob_yg for this useful post.
grimologist on 2/11/2022(UTC)
SoftDark  
#10 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2022 10:35:26 PM(UTC)
SoftDark

I followed the pdf instructions with the figure translated up on the y axis about half a body length.

The hairs still hung in the air at the default location, unattached to the body.

After much experimentation I found that making the Golden Palace object a child of the figure's hip, instead of the figure itself, made everything work correctly.

This was a bit distressing to try and work out. I suggest updating your documentation.

SoftDark  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2022 5:36:14 AM(UTC)
SoftDark

Ok my fix, making the Golden Palace object a child of the figure's hip, only works if you do not rotate the pelvis in any way. If you do that the hairs disappear. Making the GP a child of the pelvis does not resolve the issue. Set the pelvis rotations back to 0 and the hairs reappear.