Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ZenMaster3D  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2021 7:53:32 AM(UTC)
ZenMaster3D

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 97 post(s)

Ey there Davo & Freeone,

So a few days ago I bought myself a few new (very) naughty toys to play with, from the relative new (?) and awesome Bondage Table 1, the candy boxes right down to some more explicit stuff such as (parts off) Terminus 5 (and the core package), milk maids 3 (plus some expansions) and the seriously devious looking Madlab 6 & Dreadworks 5 (core + some expansions in both cases).

All for Daz Studio as such a warm thank you! goes out to the both of you!  (I read about how Davo makes this stuff and Freeone helps to convert / adapt it to Daz Studio, and boy oh boy did you guys deliver!).

Now... I want my post to be a bit more useful for random readers as well so, allow me to briefly elaborate on some key aspects which really stood out for me. Once again: this only applies to Daz Studio, that's my main 3D environment. While my story is specifically about Milkmaid 3 I have enough experience with these products to know that my story applies to all of them in one or more ways.

Modularity

This is by far the best part! So I was playing with some ideas on using my new toys for some naughty projects I had been working on ("Pillory adventure"; you'll have to do your own searching because for obvious reasons I am not going to advertise here, use my profile) and the milking concept sounded bad enough without making things too explicit (I don't mind that btw, but I already have my plans for this storyline). One problem: the teets in the 'milkmaid package' were too big for my liking, and I didn't want to resize the whole thing either because of the extra work. So... I looked for and found another pair of teets in "Dreadworks 5". Better yet: they even came with a handheld controller! SO I ended up using the 'pump 1 bottle' from Milkmaids 3 in combination with the teets from Dreadworks 5. Well... I already shared 2 pictures and judging from my likes I think people agree that the combination works well enough (I know that's a flawed argument, but really.. if you don't know any better you'd never guess that I'm using props from different packages). And this flexibility applies to all your stuff, including the legacy items!

Obvious attention to details

So here I was, putting a bottle of milk before the helpless victim in my story. Only problem: I was just getting started and you don't start with a full bottle (obviously). Would I need to hide parts of the bottle through careful posing? Or maybe I could simply hide the content and add it later? Naaah! Much better: There's a morphing tab for this allowing you to define the size (length) of the bottle, the depth of the fluid (from empty to full) and you can even make the fluid tilt as well! "Only" 3 sliders providing an almost unlimited amount of possibilities!

And this attention to detail applies to pretty much all props. Remember my mention of using a Dreadworks 5 prop? Yah, same deal: not only was it carefully designs to have 3 parts which allowed me to carefully pose both teets and the controller individually, all of them also provided morphs which not only allowed me to carefully adjust parts of the teet (to allow for a "best fit" on pretty much any kind of breast) but it also allowed me to adjust the length of the tube that is attached to it. I can make it both shorter and longer.

That is what I call paying attention to detail. Sure... I also ended up simply hiding excess parts in my render once I got a hose in place, but that's not the point here.

Heck, I can even fully rotate my wheel of daggers, and set up a rotating loop. Although I don't mess with animations myself that much I can easily see how this could be put to good use!

Not everyone wants to use iRay!

Heck, sometimes I meet in the middle by using Filament only ;) 

The point here though is that I was very pleasantly surprised to discover materials for both 3Delight and iRay, allowing me to get the best results in both render engines. It sounds simple enough, yah, that's the problem with this awesome 3D world: most things look and seem simple enough, until you try it for yourselves :-)

No clutter in my library!

I take great care of my library which is why I spread things out across several locations. I don't "just" dump new props into my Daz library (with the exception of stuff from the Daz store, obviously) and all my Renderotica items also sit in their own location (and no; not to hide them ;-)).

Yah, but even if I didn't then I would still have ended up with a neat separate section in my library under "Props" which contained "Davo" and "Davo legacy" items. Now, sure, some people might argue that you could spread out even more (for example poses filed under the character they apply to and so on) but honestly? I very much prefer this approach myself because there can never be any doubt where a pose 'belongs' to. (also fair to mention that this separation is made with some props; for example I got cuffs for both G8F and G8M).

TL;DR?

I'm very happy with my purchased goodies and wanted to share why :-)

The stuff I bought (both current and legacy) are clearly well designed, carefully adapter for Daz Studio (providing lots of customization options) and... it just works!

Well worth the money if you ask me, thanks for making & sharing all this awesomeness!

thanks 2 users thanked ZenMaster3D for this useful post.
vagans on 8/12/2021(UTC), Darkjoe on 8/12/2021(UTC)