Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Thunder-3D  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2021 12:40:52 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 158 post(s)

Hey guys and gals!

Just wanted to let you know, there should be a free teaser set of Genesis 8.1 Expressions for Male and Female coming out soon, with 3 big paid sets to follow.

After I did the update to USM for 8.1, I really started digging into just what was improved in 8.1, and I found some really cool stuff in the face rigging. The results you can get with 8.1 expressions is WAY better than previous figures, and with the new expressions I've added bone enhancement that means the character can have VERY extreme expressions WITHOUT breaking the bones. Also they improved the way corrective morphs are handled by linking them to the bones, not just the dials, so all the funky mouth mesh folding and ugly eyebrow bulges are gone. It really looks amazing and much more lifelike.

Please post your feedback and future requests here :)

From the teaser promo text:

Inspiration Expressions Genesis 8.1 FREE Teaser!

Genesis 8.1 introduced several amazing new features for the face rig that give more lifelike results than ever! Enhanced powerpose integration and corrective morphs now attached to the bones, allow for more extreme expressions while staying WITHIN LIMITS, no more broken face bones! Expressions are smoother, skin no longer crickles and breaks, and expressions look even better on morphed characters, even extreme character morphs!

BE AWARE: With the release of Genesis 8.1, the choice of poses and expressions got a little confusing. BODY poses designed for Genesis 8 work fine on Genesis 8.1, however the massive changes to the 8.1 face means that Genesis 8 facial expressions and Genesis 8.1 expressions are NOT interchangeable. These expressions were designed on G8.1 and will ONLY work on G8.1. While there are workarounds to make G8 expressions work on G8.1, expressions BUILT on G8.1 work and look WAY better. Check out this free teaser and we are sure you'll agree! :)

In keeping with our design philosophy of giving you more control, our expressions are still presented in upper and lower partials that allow you to mix and match to get the perfect expression every time! We've also added full face presets for each expression for faster application.

Our new toolkit (not all tools are included in this teaser) is similar to the previous G3 and G8 kits, but adds several new features. Eye angle adjustments now have 2 versions, full eye angle pose, or a stackable angle pose that adjusts eye angle and eyeLID angle without removing the "emotion" in the eye pose.

Zeroes include upper, lower and middle. Newly added are Bone Enhance Removers for upper, lower or full face, to make the expressions more subtle, giving you even more options!

Expressions are presented divided by a Masculine folder and Feminine folder, however all of our expressions are designed to apply to EITHER figure to give you even MORE options!

With all of these partials and tools, 14 expressions can become HUNDREDS of possibilities!

We can't wait to see what you do with these new Genesis 8.1 expressions, and keep an eye out for future 8.1 products coming soon from Thunder-3D!

Edited by user Thursday, August 19, 2021 8:26:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

simontemplar  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 31, 2021 3:39:19 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Immensely looking forward to it :3
"That was fun. Let's do it again."
Thunder-3D  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2021 11:45:48 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Teaser set is available now, and 3 new sets will be released over the next 2 weeks :)

Thunder-3D  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 10:19:15 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

From the Tips and Tricks document included with the upcoming expression sets. Apologies for the long winded ness, I wrote this so beginners could understand it without too much difficulty. :)

Just a few handy tips I've picked up when moving a character from Genesis 8 to Genesis 8.1

All of your G8 characters can be easily updated to 8.1 in just a few steps. This doesn't require any extra software or add-ons, but will require a few steps and a little patience depending on your render machine's power.

The first thing you'll have to do is pull up a fresh G8.1. For this example we'll use a Genesis 8 Female to Genesis 8.1 Female.

In your Figures library in Smart Content (People folder in Content Library), find the Genesis 8.1 Basic Female in the figure library under Genesis 8 Starter Essentials.

Once you have her in scene, pull up your custom character, or a pre-built G8 character from your library. For this example, we'll use Victoria 8 (not Victoria 8.1) since she's the most commonly owned character.

Make sure both characters are in the default "T" pose by selecting the characters, look at the base, look for the little "pose" symbol to the left, select it and click Restore Figure Pose.

Select Victoria 8 and at the top of your studio screen, go to File/Save As/Shaping Preset. Name this file "(character name)_Shape 8.1". Make sure "current frame only" is selected, and simply hit Accept.

Next (with Victoria 8 still selected) go back to the top of your studio screen, go to File/Save As/Material(s) Preset. Name this file "(character name)_Mats 8.1". Simply hit Accept. (this is a handy preset to keep even after the transfer is done to fix the character skin if you make a mistake when using other products ;) )

If you are moving a custom character that already has an outfit, hair, grafts etc., you can easily move those over too by selecting File/Save As/Wearable Preset (UN-SELECT eyelashes!) and hit Accept.

Now select your basic G8.1 Figure and apply these presets. You're done! (almost)

Tips:

Pretty much everything that works on Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 will work on your new Genesis 8.1 character. There are exceptions...

G8.1 does NOT use the same eyeLASH materials as G3/G8, therefore if you want more luscious lashes, you'll need to own a G8.1 specific character with an eyelash preset. Applying G3 or G8 lash materials to G8.1 lashes results in the lash maps running sideways, which looks pretty weird in your render. Victoria 8.1 comes with 2 different lash options, personally I use her long lash option on all characters, they look great!

Genesis BODY poses, meaning every bone but the facial bones, will apply to Genesis 8.1 with no issues, so all your old G8 pose sets are ready to use (minus expressions).

All clothing for G8 will work seamlessly on G8.1, and most G3 clothing works fine after using auto-fit. Some accessories that apply to the face may have issues, but I haven't encountered any hair issues (yet).

Genesis 8 Expressions do NOT, by default, apply to Genesis 8.1. Many expressions sliders have been removed, and the remaining sliders have been renamed. DAZ intention for expressions going forward is that they be built using the facial bones directly, with a little help from a basic set of sliders. While some expressions can be built easily with just the basic sliders, a much greater variety can be created by adding bone posing, or "Bone Enhance".

Posters on the official DAZ forums have noted that there is a workaround to "force" G8.1 to accept G8 expressions. The results can be mixed. I do not recommend using this workaround, but take that with a grain of salt since I'm an artist selling G8.1 expressions. ;)

What I CAN say with no reservation, is that expressions BUILT on G8.1, that take advantage of the new bone system, look MUCH better than the old dial only expressions. This was one of the main reasons for the 8.1 update, and if you're not using 8.1 native expressions, you may as well be using 8.0.

DAZ has moved the corrective morphs from the sliders, directly to the bones. This allows for a MUCH wider range of facial movement without breaking bone and/or slider limits. In the past, to get very extreme mouth and brow expressions, the artist had to go FAR beyond the limits of the expressions sliders, which would usually cause odd wrinkles and fold the facial mesh over itself. With 8.1, using individual bones gives a superior expression as the corrective morphs that keep the face mesh from folding over, are now attached directly to the bones. These bone based expressions also work MUCH better on highly stylized faces and result in much less distortion on those faces.

Be aware that a few specific facial morphs, most notably stylized morphs, break the closed eyelid appearance. One of the most extreme examples I encountered in testing was Sakura 8. She's super cute, but her eyelids are heavily morphed, which means when using "Blink" (the new slider for "Eyes Closed") her eyelids don't shut evenly. This is NOT an issue with G8.1 or the expression poses. This character never closed her eyes correctly, even in her default G8 version. Any character with heavily stylized eyes will have this issue to some degree. Inner or outer eyelids may not completely close, or eyelids may overlap on closing. For overlap, the simple fix is to just go to the Parameters tab, go to the "blink" slider and reduce it until the overlap is gone. For eyelids closing unevenly, it's easiest to use PowerPose to adjust the bones. G8.1 has a whopping 8 BONES per eye in her eyelids, making it pretty easy to shift the eyelids completely closed.

Overmorphed Teeth. They look wierd, you don't want that.

Sometimes you'll have a character that you move to G8.1 and suddenly the teeth are super crooked. This is because G8.1 has it's own "Mouth Realism" slider. When you apply the old G8 shape to G8.1, it carries over the G8 mouth realism slider, effectively stacking it twice. Simply remove the regular "Mouth Realism" slider to 0 and keep just the Mouth Realism 8.1 HD slider.

That's it for now! For more tips and tricks visit the official Renderotica Forums and ask! We're always happy to answer! :D

Cheers!
Thunder-3D

thanks 1 user thanked Thunder-3D for this useful post.
i53570k on 8/3/2021(UTC)
Thunder-3D  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 19, 2021 8:25:12 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

All 3 sets plus a free teaser set have been released! Hope you guys and gals enjoy using them! :D

thanks 1 user thanked Thunder-3D for this useful post.
haruchai on 8/19/2021(UTC)
artfbb  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2022 11:04:54 PM(UTC)
artfbb

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Dude just wanted to let your know that all your pose products are on another level!! Good god, I usually felt like I need to buy any poses for Daz(most of them lack of details and I would do a far better job myelf in short time) but I own at least half of your creation already. your new showcase products are amazing! Will buy more of them should you decide to make any more in the future.
thanks 1 user thanked artfbb for this useful post.
Thunder-3D on 7/6/2022(UTC)
3DSaga  
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 30, 2023 2:45:41 PM(UTC)
3DSaga

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 22 post(s)
I just recently purchased the Inspiration Build A BJ For G8.1. The promos look fabulous; I've had my eye on these for quite some time. I just want to make sure that I've installed them properly, and that I'm using them as designed. Do I understand these expressions don't have associated sliders- they work only with buttons? Are there any adjustments accessible to users?
Thunder-3D  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2024 12:47:26 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Originally Posted by: 3DSaga Go to Quoted Post
I just recently purchased the Inspiration Build A BJ For G8.1. The promos look fabulous; I've had my eye on these for quite some time. I just want to make sure that I've installed them properly, and that I'm using them as designed. Do I understand these expressions don't have associated sliders- they work only with buttons? Are there any adjustments accessible to users?

Appologies for the delayed reply, I was with family over the holidays and missed this one.

The expressions for 8.1 were built using the base 8.1 expression dials, and enhanced using the expression bones.

The dials can be adjusted once the expression has been applied and easily found by selecting "currently used", and the bones can be adjusted through powerpose.

I've also included many adjustments and tools with the 8.1 expression products to make them easy to use :)

Hope that answers your question, if you need to know more just let me know! :D