2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ItsComeToThis  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 5:45:33 AM(UTC)
ItsComeToThis

Hi,

I just purchased this yesterday, but as I'm trying to use it I've found it's missing the "Update Shell" command described in the "_Read Me First" and shown in the demo video in Documentation.

Preview The option missing in Daz 3D.

Preview Inside the zip folder, there doesn't seem to be any components relating to the Update Shell Option.

Preview As seen in the provided demo video, the option exists and is used.

As a result, the nips are looking a little janky. Any chance you can help?

Preview The jankiest of nips.

Thanks for any help, and many thanks for the greatly improved nips!

ICTT

ItsComeToThis attached the following image(s):
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
Seven-ol  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 7:40:51 AM(UTC)
Seven-ol

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
All those geoshells are a real P.I.T.A. when you try to use them simultaneously. They have an awful tendency to interfere viciously.
Even worse, I accidentally deleted a G8F with both nipples and genitals shells. When I tried to "undo delete" it took me a lot of time to click on every surface to restore something acceptable.
On your picture one can see a "torso" shader interfering with the nipple shell.

haruchai  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 1:14:04 PM(UTC)
haruchai

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 58 post(s)

There is a free update product in the store called 'High Resolution Nipples Addon And Patch'. Get that and the files you are looking for are in there.

Update Shell was renamed to Fix Issues in the latest version (hiresnip_patch-g8f-g81f-kaluma.zip).

Edited by user Wednesday, June 2, 2021 7:09:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: spllng :)

haruchai attached the following image(s):
2021-06-01.png
ItsComeToThis  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 3, 2021 1:51:51 PM(UTC)
ItsComeToThis

Originally Posted by: haruchai Go to Quoted Post

There is a free update product in the store called 'High Resolution Nipples Addon And Patch'. Get that and the files you are looking for are in there.

Update Shell was renamed to Fix Issues in the latest version (hiresnip_patch-g8f-g81f-kaluma.zip).

Hi,

Thanks for the response!

I tried using the add-on patch but it told me I'm not using a G8 model. I guess I need to wait for the update to that patch?

haruchai  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 4, 2021 6:57:39 PM(UTC)
haruchai

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 58 post(s)

Originally Posted by: ItsComeToThis Go to Quoted Post

Hi,

Thanks for the response!

I tried using the add-on patch but it told me I'm not using a G8 model. I guess I need to wait for the update to that patch?

I've just noticed that you appear to be using Genesis 8.1 Female in your picture above. The material copy doesn't work with 8.1 skins. If they are the new PBR skins the script throws an error (it's looking for surfaces that aren't there in the PBR shader structure).

The solution I have found is to use a Genesis 8 Female skin on Genesis 8.1 Female. Apply the HighRes Nipples. Select the High-Res Nipples in the scene tab and run the Update Material script. Select the HighRes Nipples Shell and run the Update Shell script. At this point you will probably be where you were in your picture above. Now select the HighRes-Nipples again and go to the Surfaces tab (open the tab if it's not already open). Scroll down to the UV Set parameter and you'll see that it's set to ShellUV. This is wrong. Click on the down arrow on the right of ShellUV and select Default UVs. This should fix the error.

Don't know why the UV is selecting wrong on 8.1 but that seems to be the problem. I'm guessing it must be to do with the updated surfaces in 8.1 (no Torso surface any more).

The Fix Issues script is only to fix problems with two grafts both having shells and interfering with each other, it isn't intended do anything to address this issue.

Let me know how you get on.

Edited by user Friday, June 4, 2021 8:30:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Updated with solution

haruchai attached the following image(s):
2021-06-05.png
thanks 1 user thanked haruchai for this useful post.
ItsComeToThis on 6/6/2021(UTC)
ItsComeToThis  
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 6, 2021 4:02:38 PM(UTC)
ItsComeToThis

Originally Posted by: ItsComeToThis Go to Quoted Post

Hi,

Thanks for the response!

I've just noticed that you appear to be using Genesis 8.1 Female in your picture above. The material copy doesn't work with 8.1 skins. If they are the new PBR skins the script throws an error (it's looking for surfaces that aren't there in the PBR shader structure).

The solution I have found is to use a Genesis 8 Female skin on Genesis 8.1 Female. Apply the HighRes Nipples. Select the High-Res Nipples in the scene tab and run the Update Material script. Select the HighRes Nipples Shell and run the Update Shell script. At this point you will probably be where you were in your picture above. Now select the HighRes-Nipples again and go to the Surfaces tab (open the tab if it's not already open). Scroll down to the UV Set parameter and you'll see that it's set to ShellUV. This is wrong. Click on the down arrow on the right of ShellUV and select Default UVs. This should fix the error.

Don't know why the UV is selecting wrong on 8.1 but that seems to be the problem. I'm guessing it must be to do with the updated surfaces in 8.1 (no Torso surface any more).

The Fix Issues script is only to fix problems with two grafts both having shells and interfering with each other, it isn't intended do anything to address this issue.

Let me know how you get on.

Yes!

Thank you, that's done the trick!

DazJockey  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2021 4:56:31 PM(UTC)
DazJockey

Has kaluma mentioned anywhere when they plan to update this product so it is compatible with G8.1F without jumping through all these hoops.

I see the sales page indicates it is compatible with G8.1F, but comments here suggest it isn't.

the reason why I ask is that I would like to purchase the product for use with G8.1F, but not until it is simple to use, and not all this 'jiggery-pokery'

Edited by user Wednesday, September 1, 2021 4:59:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: typos

kaluma  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2021 7:11:02 AM(UTC)
kaluma

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Originally Posted by: DazJockey Go to Quoted Post

Has kaluma mentioned anywhere when they plan to update this product so it is compatible with G8.1F without jumping through all these hoops.

Hi!
I'm sorry. I wanted to do this for a long time, but I was working on other projects and kind of forgot about it. I will do an update in the next time.

kaluma  
#9 Posted : Friday, September 3, 2021 5:04:13 AM(UTC)
kaluma

I did some tests now and I think the problem here is that there are some scripts not up to date. Please make sure you have the newest version of the main product (hiresnip1-g8f-g81f-kaluma.zip) and the newest version of the patch (hiresnip_patch-g8f-g81f-kaluma.zip) installed. With this version, there is no need for the "Update Shell" script, thats why it's not in there.

With this versions the "Update Material" script should work fine, also for G8.1.

The problem with the wrong UV map does still exist, if you use G8.1 with a G8 skin but you can easily fix it by just selecting the "Torso" surface of the graft and manually change the UV Set to "Default UV".
Or just download the attachment of this post, unzip and copy it to "People/Genesis 8 Female/Anatomy/HighRes Nipples" and overwrite the existing file. I will update the product soon.

I hope this solves your problems!

Thank you!

Edited by user Friday, September 3, 2021 5:06:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
UpdateMaterialScript.zip (1kb) downloaded 20 time(s).
softwind  
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2021 7:22:17 PM(UTC)
softwind

I'm having issues in getting the correct texture mat as well.  I was wondering if the vendor, Meipe could be contacted to see if script for the Golden Shell Palace for G8F could be made to correct the problem.

i.e.  -Updated 'Material Copy' and colorizing scripts (you can now load them with G8F or any subnode of G8F selected)

Thanks

David.

cynthiaf  
#11 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2021 9:46:09 PM(UTC)
cynthiaf

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hi,

Will you be doing a update to th is product to support PBR shaders?

cynthiaf  
#12 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2021 12:26:21 PM(UTC)
cynthiaf

I found a method to make the Nipple shell work with a Genesis 8 character that has a PBR skin shader.  Here are the steps:

1. Apply the HighRes nipple tool (Shell) to the the genesis 8 figure
  2. Select the shell 
  3. Go to the surfaces dialog and select the Presets tab
  4. Select Shaders->Iray->Skin->Daz Iray PBRSkin (PBR should be the first in the list)
  5. Go back to the editor tab and manually copy the Torso shader from your PBR character to the Highres nipple tool 

This should copy the existing character's torso shader to the nipple shell with the correct UV.  This won't work for the supplied materials because I believe they will need to be updated to PBR seperately. 

thanks 2 users thanked cynthiaf for this useful post.
gmretoica623 on 11/29/2021(UTC), kaluma on 12/6/2021(UTC)
softwind  
#13 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2021 2:19:41 PM(UTC)
softwind

Originally Posted by: softwind Go to Quoted Post

It would be appreciated if a reply to this issue be received from the vendor.  No matter what I do, whether I start with base G8F where the product works ut then the white circles show up when I apply a character material or if I've gone through whole process of setting up the character and this issue occurs.   I thought I provided a good solution to this problem which appears to be happening to a lot of people purchasing the product.  I simple script to apply the material of the character would solve a lot of problems.  

My conundrum is I've purchased a product I can't use!

As you can tell, my frustration is pretty high.

------------------------------------------------

I'm having issues in getting the correct texture mat as well.  I was wondering if the vendor, Meipe could be contacted to see if script for the Golden Shell Palace for G8F could be made to correct the problem.

i.e.  -Updated 'Material Copy' and colorizing scripts (you can now load them with G8F or any subnode of G8F selected)

Thanks

David.

kaluma  
#14 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2021 5:09:39 PM(UTC)
kaluma

Originally Posted by: softwind Go to Quoted Post

It would be appreciated if a reply to this issue be received from the vendor.  No matter what I do, whether I start with base G8F where the product works ut then the white circles show up when I apply a character material or if I've gone through whole process of setting up the character and this issue occurs.   I thought I provided a good solution to this problem which appears to be happening to a lot of people purchasing the product.  I simple script to apply the material of the character would solve a lot of problems.  

My conundrum is I've purchased a product I can't use!

As you can tell, my frustration is pretty high.

------------------------------------------------

Thanks

David.

Hi David!

I'm sorry. I didn't see your original post. Sometimes I don't receive a notification mail when something is posted here. I have to check more often.
I'm not sure if I understand your problem correctly. But the script of the newest version should be ok for G8F and G8.1F ( hiresnip1-g8f-g81f-kaluma_v03.zip ) and shouldn't cause uv-map errors anymore. Is this the one you have? It's newer than the G8.1 update. If you're not sure, just download it again and overwrite all existing files.

If this doesn't solve your problem, can you please give me some more information, maybe a screenshot? You can also send me a mail if you prefer.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Quote:

Will you be doing a update to th is product to support PBR shaders?

I will have a look at this soon. Meanwhile, thank you for your workaround!

samsamm777  
#15 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2022 7:22:33 AM(UTC)
samsamm777

I'm struggling to get this working alongside Golden Palace. Everything works fine on a base 8.1 figure. But once i use Golden Palace i get white nipples shells. I cant figure out where the problem is. Is this a kaluma or meipe issue?
cynthiaf  
#16 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2022 8:32:38 AM(UTC)
cynthiaf

@samsamm777

The issue with white nipples and using Golden Palace, or potentially any other shell based add on, is not a problem with the tool but how the interact. To fix once you have applied the Golden Palace to your Genesis 8 figure select the GP Shell and go to the Surfaces tab. If you look through all the items under the tab you should see win for High Res nipples. You will see that the opacity strength is set to 50%, set it to 0%. You may have to repeat this process with the Majora shell as well but that should clear up the white nipples.

samsamm777  
#17 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2022 1:53:11 PM(UTC)
samsamm777

Originally Posted by: cynthiaf Go to Quoted Post
@samsamm777

The issue with white nipples and using Golden Palace, or potentially any other shell based add on, is not a problem with the tool but how the interact. To fix once you have applied the Golden Palace to your Genesis 8 figure select the GP Shell and go to the Surfaces tab. If you look through all the items under the tab you should see win for High Res nipples. You will see that the opacity strength is set to 50%, set it to 0%. You may have to repeat this process with the Majora shell as well but that should clear up the white nipples.

Amazing! It works. thank you so much

MasterMerlin  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2022 11:58:00 AM(UTC)
MasterMerlin

I have a basic genesis 8 to test with and still when i apply all in the way you describe it no nipples appear and in many occasion when you want to update either material or shell the body is deleted or the pectoral in total. I installed the bought product and the after that the free update. Doesnt work. Help please ;)

MasterMerlin  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2022 12:10:21 PM(UTC)
MasterMerlin

I see what happens, I acivate HR Nipples, when I say 'Update material' it update the shell with the original nipple from genesis 8 and it should only be the skin material no? Because when i put a HR Nipple on it I have to nipples stacked on top of eachother. How do i make sure the shell only gets the pectoral skin color and not takes the genesis 8 nipple with it?

MasterMerlin  
#20 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2022 11:46:52 AM(UTC)
MasterMerlin

I bought Physics HighRes Breasts. What a Misery. Can you please create 1 version that has all the files instead of multiple zips that cause overwrites of files. After installing it for the 3rd time I stopped, the scripts dont work..... is there a way to get my money back for the non performing products?