Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
slitherhence  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 30, 2021 4:54:50 AM(UTC)
slitherhence

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Is this correct? Is the pelvis supposed to be missing?

All I've done here is load the basic G8F figure... apply the body blush shell to it... remove the opacity mask from the shell surface and set opacity to 100%... then hide the base figure and eyelashes.

The reason I ask is I noticed that some of the material presets include textures that extend into the missing pelvis region and, thus, are abruptly cut off.

Edited by user Sunday, May 30, 2021 6:12:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Thunder-3D  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2021 3:14:21 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 159 post(s)

Originally Posted by: slitherhence Go to Quoted Post

Is this correct? Is the pelvis supposed to be missing?

All I've done here is load the basic G8F figure... apply the body blush shell to it... remove the opacity mask from the shell surface and set opacity to 100%... then hide the base figure and eyelashes.

The reason I ask is I noticed that some of the material presets include textures that extend into the missing pelvis region and, thus, are abruptly cut off.

That's correct, there's no texture intended to be applied to that area. There may be some very faint fade that goes down close to the hip, but even at the maximum opacity setting 45% it's basically invisible. I'm currently working on the update and removed the arms as well. :)

The butt blush is applied with it's own shell that is hip/thigh only.

It's set up that way to avoid conflicts with body blush shell and Rosy Cheeks (butt blush) shell overlapping. :)

Edited by user Monday, May 31, 2021 3:18:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

slitherhence  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 1:05:45 AM(UTC)
slitherhence

There's also a visible seem for blush paterns 10 and 10a without demon heat... though less so. It's visible in closeups. Potentially very visible for certain skin-tones and blush colors.

I've been able to work around the problem by adding the opacity mask from the torso of the body blush as an additive-blended LIE layer to the opacity mask for rosey cheeks, then placing another flat black LIE layer to cover the top half of the opacity mask to prevent the breasts from being effected, and finally copying over the emissive properties... but it's a lot of extra effort when I'm going to be needing this often. And the fact that I can do this at all implies that there's no conflict between the textures... but I dunno if there would be undesired behavior with the shells themselves overlapping? Still fairly new to daz studio. If there are technical limitations in how shells work in daz I guess I'll just have to make the best of my work around.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 1, 2021 1:22:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Thunder-3D  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 7:12:48 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

This product is currently being updated, ill look into this today and see what's going on

Thunder-3D  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 8:10:30 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Adjusted a few mask maps, this is fixed for the update. :)

Hoping to have the update ready to submit this week, should be available very soon

Thunder-3D attached the following image(s):
Fixed.jpg
slitherhence  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 10:04:03 AM(UTC)
slitherhence

Originally Posted by: Thunder-3D Go to Quoted Post

Adjusted a few mask maps, this is fixed for the update. :)

Hoping to have the update ready to submit this week, should be available very soon

Great! Thanks!