Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dark45  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 6:42:21 PM(UTC)
Dark45

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Thank you guys in advance for the help as well as the help previously given. This community here has been so much more helpful than I get over at Daz forums and I really appriciate that.

I come asking another favor if I may. I am getting bad fireflies in my fur no matter what scene / lighting I use other than the most basic of HDRI Domes. Below is an example and I'm not sure what is causing it quite yet.

Regards,

- Dark

File Attachment(s):
Fireflies.png (13,221kb) downloaded 11 time(s).
GTA345  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 9:50:20 AM(UTC)
GTA345

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Are you using iray? If so have you tried the noise de-grain slider under render settings? I usually set it to 1 and it gets rid of most all the fireflies.
Also post de-noiser set to on helps.
thanks 1 user thanked GTA345 for this useful post.
Dark45 on 4/30/2021(UTC)
Dark45  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 6:42:02 PM(UTC)
Dark45

Originally Posted by: GTA345 Go to Quoted Post
Are you using iray? If so have you tried the noise de-grain slider under render settings? I usually set it to 1 and it gets rid of most all the fireflies.
Also post de-noiser set to on helps.

I have post set to on but have not messed with the de-grain slider as of yet, I'll give it a shot and see.

SnarltheWerewolf  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 6:19:03 PM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

Was thanked: 122 time(s) in 77 post(s)
There's a couple of things that could be causing it. Too much light or too strong light can affect it badly, especially if the surface setting for the fur's glossy roughness is set too low, especially 0. Try upping it to .33 and see if that fixes it.
thanks 1 user thanked SnarltheWerewolf for this useful post.
Dark45 on 5/1/2021(UTC)
Dark45  
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 8:03:16 PM(UTC)
Dark45

I did what GTA345 said and it helped by about 50%. So I looked at what you said Snarl and could not find the Glossy Roughness option however there is a Glossiness setting. Lowering the glossiness setting as well as setting noise de-grain to 1 seems to have gotten rid of all the buggers.

It's a little blurrier on the details due to the de-grain unfortunately but not real bad at all, I can definitely live with it.

Thank you guys and cheers <3
SnarltheWerewolf  
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 10:15:51 AM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

Was thanked: 122 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Your PBR Base Mixing is probably set to "PBR Specular/Glossiness" if you're seeing "Glossiness" instead of "Glossy Roughness", lowering the glossiness will do the same thing. All check the top coat weight value and its glossiness and how reflective it is.

The fireflies are usually a combination of lots of and high gloss levels combining and reflecting the light everywhere like a mirror.

You can also try upping the "Render Quality" to a higher level, but bear in mind that will also add to the rendering time, so unless you have a fast gpu, I would probably skip.
thanks 1 user thanked SnarltheWerewolf for this useful post.
Dark45 on 5/2/2021(UTC)
Dark45  
#7 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 9:57:11 PM(UTC)
Dark45

Originally Posted by: SnarltheWerewolf Go to Quoted Post
Your PBR Base Mixing is probably set to "PBR Specular/Glossiness" if you're seeing "Glossiness" instead of "Glossy Roughness", lowering the glossiness will do the same thing. All check the top coat weight value and its glossiness and how reflective it is.

The fireflies are usually a combination of lots of and high gloss levels combining and reflecting the light everywhere like a mirror.

You can also try upping the "Render Quality" to a higher level, but bear in mind that will also add to the rendering time, so unless you have a fast gpu, I would probably skip.

Yeah, still waiting for a 3090 that will go for a decent price lol, until then, I just have a 1070 ti. I just put a 5950x in yesterday to help the rendering when it's on CPU but doing render quality at a higher level still sounds like it would be painful so yeah, for now it looks good thanks to you guys. I figured it had to do with light scattering just wasn't sure if I should change the glossiness, scattering settings, etc..

You guys are truly epic and I cannot thank you all enough for the help so far.