Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vq  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 11:27:40 AM(UTC)
vq

I'm very new to all this so apologies if this is an obvious thing that I've missed somewhere.  I've been using the iRay preview view in Daz 3D with no problems, even with other content from third-party sites like Breastacular and Lickalicious.  However, when I add Female Genitals and then the mats to G8F the iRay preview stops working.  It goes smooth and silver and the yellow bar starts to load but after a couple of seconds it just disappears and the image stays smooth and silver.  I have played around and identified that as the issue, if I delete the female genitals then iRay goes back to working properly.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Is there some obvious setting or step I haven't taken?

vq  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 12:20:59 PM(UTC)
vq

I've realised this isn't the best place to post this question but can't see that I can delete it, apologies.
BrotherHades  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 2:42:15 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Try rotating the camera a bit, sometimes Iray preview mode gets stuck when loading/updating the view port and moving the camera will force Daz Studio to redraw the scene. I did a quick test and while it did do as you pointed out with the silver look rather than the textures, once I moved the camera it draws the scene fine now.

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
vq on 4/3/2021(UTC)
vq  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 2:49:30 PM(UTC)
vq

Ah, I will give that a shot, thanks for the tip!
ZenMaster3D  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 7:41:41 PM(UTC)
ZenMaster3D

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 97 post(s)

First: Patience young grasshopper!  These fora are not heavily used so sometimes it can take some time before replies drip in. When posting on these forums you should at least give it one or two days.

And... welcome to the dark side! 😁

Don't worry about being new, we've all been there. Now, you say you have issues with the iRay preview, so am I right to assume it's just the preview and not your final render? In that case I'd like to suggest using Filament. Provided you're using the latest Daz Studio (and not on Mac) you can also use that as preview render engine. It's not perfect but honestly? It can be! I'm using that all the time when working on "adult renders" (lol) because it gives you a quick result and despite not being iRay it's not too far off.

Just don't forget to drop in an Filament options node (see create menu) and use the "parameters" pane to reduce "Environment intensity scale" from 1500 (?!!?!!!) to around 10 or so. That'll fix over exposure.

If this is about your final render then... sorry, I picked up your question wrong.

Still hoping this can help, I really came to love that engine, even for quick adult / tease poses.

thanks 1 user thanked ZenMaster3D for this useful post.
vq on 4/3/2021(UTC)
kaluma  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 8:02:59 PM(UTC)
kaluma

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hi and welcome :)

First of all, thank you for purchasing my product.
As far as I know, this is a problem with Iray that happens with some nvidia cards. I've heard that it happens especially with Female Genitals, but I couldn't figure out by what it's caused.

As BrotherHades and ZenMaster3D mentioned you can move or rotate the camera or switch to the filament render. Another possibility is to change the Iray draw mode to "interactive" (with iray preview mode: Draw Settings tab -> Drawing -> Draw Mode)

I hope this helps! I will try to find a solution for this.

thanks 1 user thanked kaluma for this useful post.
vq on 4/3/2021(UTC)
vq  
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2021 4:49:17 AM(UTC)
vq

Originally Posted by: ZenMaster3D Go to Quoted Post

First: Patience young grasshopper!  These fora are not heavily used so sometimes it can take some time before replies drip in. When posting on these forums you should at least give it one or two days.

Sorry for any misunderstanding, I wasn't commenting about a lack of reply.  I actually posted this in the wrong place then, later, realised that.  My second comment was just me spotting that!  The original post has been moved and merged with this one (thanks mods!) so it looks like I'm coming off all tetchy now!

Thanks to Kaluma, BrotherHades and ZenMaster3D for your replies.  I've been in this morning and found that moving the view does sort the issue out.  Bit of a strange one but I probably should have thought to try that myself anyway!  Thanks also for the Filament tip, I had no idea what that option was but will definitely be using it from now on to "check in" with the results of my work.

vision1138  
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 4, 2022 7:29:33 PM(UTC)
vision1138

Hi

I'm not sure if this is related, but I get the same issue with the grey image when using this product.

I also noticed something else, I tend to have GPU-Z open when I'm working in DAZ, and I normally work in the texture shaded mode. When using this product the GPU is very active even when nothing is happening, normally unless I'm moving the view point the GPU is sat at 0% or maybe 1 or 2%. With this loaded the GPU jumps up and down between 05 and about 50% constantly. If I remove the product from the scene it instantly drops back down to 0%.

So it looks like something is caught in a loop, and the process never ends. It also makes DAZ very unresponsive if I'm working in a large scene that already takes up some resources.

I'm not sure if it helps, but I thought I'd mention it in case it provides a clue.

I've had to stop using this as it just makes things much more difficult.
kaluma  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2022 7:47:53 PM(UTC)
kaluma

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Originally Posted by: vision1138 Go to Quoted Post
Hi

I'm not sure if this is related, but I get the same issue with the grey image when using this product.

I also noticed something else, I tend to have GPU-Z open when I'm working in DAZ, and I normally work in the texture shaded mode. When using this product the GPU is very active even when nothing is happening, normally unless I'm moving the view point the GPU is sat at 0% or maybe 1 or 2%. With this loaded the GPU jumps up and down between 05 and about 50% constantly. If I remove the product from the scene it instantly drops back down to 0%.

So it looks like something is caught in a loop, and the process never ends. It also makes DAZ very unresponsive if I'm working in a large scene that already takes up some resources.

I'm not sure if it helps, but I thought I'd mention it in case it provides a clue.

I've had to stop using this as it just makes things much more difficult.

Thank you for the hints. It is hard to find the error, because I'm not able to reproduce it. I keep working on it and hopefully we can find a solution.

vision1138  
#10 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2022 8:55:20 AM(UTC)
vision1138

Originally Posted by: kaluma Go to Quoted Post

Thank you for the hints. It is hard to find the error, because I'm not able to reproduce it. I keep working on it and hopefully we can find a solution.

Hi

I'm very much a newbie to daz and 3d work in general, but if there is anything I can do to help you debug this issue then please let me know.