Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CGBytesMgmt  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2021 2:30:19 AM(UTC)
CGBytesMgmt

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 19 post(s)

We have recently updated and reposted the Community Policies and they can be found here.  Community Policy Take the time to read through and refresh yourself with the rules around what can or can't be posted in the Gallery, Gallery Descriptions, Comments or Forums.  

Edited by moderator Friday, October 27, 2023 9:11:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CGBytes Management /
Renderotica Management
thanks 4 users thanked CGBytesMgmt for this useful post.
RangerRabbit on 1/30/2021(UTC), ContentModerator on 1/30/2021(UTC), ZenMaster3D on 4/3/2021(UTC), kanshinin on 7/22/2021(UTC)
shadoman  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 11:06:56 AM(UTC)
shadoman

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 229 post(s)

This is great but if you want everyone to see and read this it should be on the main page and in the community head liners like the most recent Blogs. Already this is at the bottom of the most recent forum post..  

Lets get the word out instead of after the fact when an offender can say  I did not read this or know the polocies had been updated.

Just a suggestion but sometimes you have to force feed something to get an idea understood

Shadoman

Who knows what lurks in the hearts of perverted artist....
The Shado Knows
thanks 3 users thanked shadoman for this useful post.
smallville14 on 1/31/2021(UTC), CGBytesMgmt on 1/31/2021(UTC), RangerRabbit on 1/31/2021(UTC)
CGBytesMgmt  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 11:08:34 PM(UTC)
CGBytesMgmt

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 19 post(s)

Thanks Shadoman. I appreciate the input but we have added a quick link to the Community Policies at the top of the Left Side Bar that can be seen from anywhere inside the Community area, (look up and left).  We are also going to be resetting everyone's account so they will have to "ACCEPT" the Community Policies the next time they attempt to submit an image to the Gallery. 

Our policies haven't changed dramatically, just some tweaks to help clarify a few things. The Content Moderator will deal with any and all members who break these policies, no differently than they have had to do before this update.  Any member who does not acquaint themselves with the policies may find out the hard way later on.

CGBytes Management /
Renderotica Management
thanks 3 users thanked CGBytesMgmt for this useful post.
matt on 1/31/2021(UTC), RangerRabbit on 1/31/2021(UTC), ContentModerator on 2/1/2021(UTC)
matt  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 11:17:26 PM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 312 time(s) in 211 post(s)

I've always, and will continue to report images in the gallery that appear to violate the guidelines. I want this community to be healthy, happy, and active for a long time. Thank you!

thanks 4 users thanked matt for this useful post.
CGBytesMgmt on 1/31/2021(UTC), RangerRabbit on 1/31/2021(UTC), ContentModerator on 2/1/2021(UTC), ZenMaster3D on 3/15/2021(UTC)
shadoman  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 1, 2021 9:11:04 AM(UTC)
shadoman

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 229 post(s)

Originally Posted by: CGBytesMgmt Go to Quoted Post

Thanks Shadoman. I appreciate the input but we have added a quick link to the Community Policies at the top of the Left Side Bar that can be seen from anywhere inside the Community area, (look up and left).  We are also going to be resetting everyone's account so they will have to "ACCEPT" the Community Policies the next time they attempt to submit an image to the Gallery. 

Our policies haven't changed dramatically, just some tweaks to help clarify a few things. The Content Moderator will deal with any and all members who break these policies, no differently than they have had to do before this update.  Any member who does not acquaint themselves with the policies may find out the hard way later on.

Indeed a did see this and the indication that a visual insert to be read when submitting a first post will be helpful

I do not spend too much time looking at the galleries like I used to, I do swing by and look at the thumbs and if a thumb can grab my attention then it is worth a look Same goes with images that look like they could be in violations.  

Lets keep this place healthy, and prosperous

Shadoman

Who knows what lurks in the hearts of perverted artist....
The Shado Knows
thanks 1 user thanked shadoman for this useful post.
RangerRabbit on 2/1/2021(UTC)
XXYGeramdrir  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2021 6:57:02 AM(UTC)
XXYGeramdrir

Was thanked: 681 time(s) in 667 post(s)

x

Edited by user Monday, April 17, 2023 1:45:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: deleted

Absinthe  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2021 8:20:36 AM(UTC)
Absinthe

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 103 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Geramdrir Go to Quoted Post

Thank for that updated version!

Just went through it and from what i can tell nothing has changed much, only some things are more exact now - and all things put together now that were spread in different documents earlier. As i see the predecessor was still the one i translated into german (which is still here) - once upon a time ;-)

Now i still have one question - maybe it does not fit here, so if not feel free to move my post to anywhere else:

It is about link policy and freebies.

I am looking for a new home for Gaggy Duck - my sm rubber duckie which always was a freebie and shoudl stay that. In former times (still diane i guess) there was a section but for a long time now there is a forum part to leave the link.
Until now i have no place to host it and as i gues it is not possible to do it here i will need a link of some kind.
I also woudl love to point to it from my Profile page as there are pictures in a subgallery and i woudl think it great if people could find a link there.

Now how shoudl i do that and what is ok for You?
I don't think there is any option to host a freebie here - or is it?
If not is it allowed to post a link to some place where the file is (i saw a few *deleted* tags recently so i guess You do not appreciate some sources)
And if it is allowed to post a link in the freebies section (there i saw some of teh *deleted* tags) is it also allowed to put it into the profile page?
Or better link from teh profile page to the freebie forum?

Thanks for any insights on this so i can maybe make ducky available

Freebies are submitted just like regular products. You are free to link your free products in the store to your vendor account or galleries here on Renderotica

Freebies

XXYGeramdrir  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2021 8:51:16 AM(UTC)
XXYGeramdrir

Was thanked: 681 time(s) in 667 post(s)

x

Edited by user Monday, April 17, 2023 1:46:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: deleted

Cyanide  
#9 Posted : Monday, March 1, 2021 4:16:11 PM(UTC)
Cyanide

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Apparently there's a new size limit on gallery submissions of 2MB? I have absolutely no problem with that as I prefer smaller images when creating, but perhaps add that to the new Community Policies?

Or am I the only one who noticed the new limit?
RangerRabbit  
#10 Posted : Monday, March 1, 2021 6:54:14 PM(UTC)
RangerRabbit

Was thanked: 240 time(s) in 112 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Cyanide Go to Quoted Post
Apparently there's a new size limit on gallery submissions of 2MB? I have absolutely no problem with that as I prefer smaller images when creating, but perhaps add that to the new Community Policies?

Or am I the only one who noticed the new limit?

There has been a 2 MB limit on Gallery images for years. The size limit increases depending on your role. If you are a Premier Artist, you get a 4 MB limit. When you start the submission process, it tells you at the top of your Artist Studio what the size limitations are for your rank. See the image attached below.

RangerRabbit attached the following image(s):
Size limits for Members.jpg
RangerRabbit
Renderotica Management