Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kanshinin  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2021 10:58:22 PM(UTC)
kanshinin

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 31 post(s)

Before I go into a lot of the gory detail, I first wanted to ask when writing a 3D story, what are some of the other taboo areas to avoid (Beyond the obvious, such as incest, bestiality)

I have the main characters created, and a lot of the antagonists created, and I have some scenes created (at least in my mind). The problem is combing them, so they seem realistic, and plausible. Here's what I have so far:

Era story takes place: Modern times (2000-2020)

Prologue: Late night in either the basement of an abandoned church, or  Japanese temple, there is a fertility rite, where someone is bred, other engage in gratuitous sex (orgy), others are sacrificed to appease their god (either Madam Yi or Shub Niggurath - But I really want Nyarlathotep in there somehow)

Fade to black

Opening scene: Group of 7 college kids on break arrive by ferry on an island (with a larger than average Asian population) to attend a festival (or something), they go to a coffee shop where some of the cult members are hanging out. A few of the members notice one person in the group and think she'd be a good offering (to be bred)

This is where I run into a lot of problems on what I want to do, and need the most help

1. I know I want the person who the cult thinks would be a could candidate to be kidnaped, bred then discovered later in a catatonic state and ultimately rescued but still pregnant for a to be continued story

2. I want to incorporate a human farm, where people are either bred, used as hucows, or butchered for human meat (all you'd see is the remains), or human pigs
3. I want to incorporate an Asian bordello/massage parlor with a private/members only basement, where one can go to for sex, eating food of bellies of girls, etc.

4. I want a lot of this to take place in an almost deserted town on the island, where the hotel where the kidnappee would be staying

During all of this, I need 2 main characters killed, 1 is kidnapped and converted to slavery, 1 decides to join the Lovecraftian god and be their vessel.

So, I guess my question is, am I asking too much in this story and should pare it way down? Or how would I get my main cast from Opening scene, incorporate 2 & 3 and end with 1?

If I pare it down, what would you pare down?

simontemplar  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2021 6:26:46 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 100 post(s)
You probably could clarify the whole thing by using a software helper. Using Novel factory, you could work on each character's development separately first and then see how you can merge all of it together by studying how and where they interact. That could help with the timeline too, I think. Also, never forget the big five; who, where, when, how, why. Apply that set to every character and situation your story hinges on. It will be easier to spot inconsistencies and trimming off useless bits will come more naturally.
"That was fun. Let's do it again."
kanshinin  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2021 8:53:54 AM(UTC)
kanshinin

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 31 post(s)

Originally Posted by: simontemplar Go to Quoted Post
You probably could clarify the whole thing by using a software helper. Using Novel factory, you could work on each character's development separately first and then see how you can merge all of it together by studying how and where they interact. That could help with the timeline too, I think. Also, never forget the big five; who, where, when, how, why. Apply that set to every character and situation your story hinges on. It will be easier to spot inconsistencies and trimming off useless bits will come more naturally.

Thank you!  I'll try that!

Right now, I think I have too many characters (almost a whole town...LOL)

Anwendungsfehler  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2021 5:26:05 PM(UTC)
Anwendungsfehler

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Geramdrir Go to Quoted Post
i just LOVE riddles like this one ;-)
as i said i love riddles like this and there is always a solution :-)

To solve the riddle, why not ask the old ones directly by calling them? 

So Geramdrir, repeat seven times: "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!" 

Hrhr. Aber sei bloß vorsichtig, das letzte mal hab ich mich versprochen, und daraufhin hab ich irrtümlich "DEN MEISTER" beschworen,

des war echt grausam und vor allem sehr teuer, siehe Video anbei...

https://youtu.be/zpIoFfan1HA

Edited by user Tuesday, February 9, 2021 5:35:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Not Everybody‘s Darling.
Chaosophia  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 2:22:30 AM(UTC)
Chaosophia

Was thanked: 83 time(s) in 66 post(s)

I would def go with Shub as the starter old one in attendance, reason mother of 1,000 young seems to go well with fertility rites. Leave the other gods for sequels or later on. You could totally stretch this out to be a multiple book series. 7 is a good number to start with, enough to pack insane horror acts, with the main getting the blunt of the story. As for the town have them emerge and disappear. Like in between realities/dimensions. To explain the shift, star alignments, or certain town olk can't cross areas due to being held to the locale either by magick or ward. Another thing could be there are many people there in town but say only the Shub people are relevant to the story. Others who are there for say Azathoth aren't interacted with in this story. It opens up more later if you wish to delve into it being a lovecraft hub society.

A good movie reference you could check out for ideas, though not Lovecraftian, would be:

The City of the Dead (Christopher Lee)

I wouldn't pare it down, instead I would outline the events and divide into sections, brainstorm the events.

I would break it down as such:

1: Status Quo of town: Describing the area in details

2: The ritual: Introduction to the occultists

3: The arrival: College students arrive and the events introducing them as characters

4: The Plot: Occultists take note and scheme plans

5: The interaction: Occult meets College and start the plans

6:The taking: character gets taken friends unaware, breaks friends apart from each other

7:The breed lair: What happens to taken one

8:The farm: Whoever gets taken here in this section, and what happens. delay any death sequence for later build the reader's imagination while rest of story continues.

9: The alarm: Friends become suspicious their other friends are missing, go in search of, with or without occultists "help"

10:Kill off your darlings: Use this section to kill off loose characters

11:The Farm horror: Outcome of the farm, adding more to it if need be from group.kill off the first one with their friends there to witness it, and get an idea about their fate.

12: The taken gets impregnated: Describing the events and the outcome and how it happens.

13: Friends smarten up: Realizes whats going on and comes up with plan to settle the plot.

14: The climax: Either the end of the antagonist or they get away.

15:Taken one found and retrieved: get off the island with survivors. Either reveal at end in subtle way she's pregnant with an old one's kid or save that for the first part of story 2.

Just how I would do that story. 

thanks 1 user thanked Chaosophia for this useful post.
kanshinin on 2/11/2021(UTC)