Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ebonix115  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2020 10:34:00 PM(UTC)
Ebonix115

Was thanked: 68 time(s) in 53 post(s)

I recently purchased the ZExpansion Morphs 2 For 3feetwolf's New Gens V8 for the clitoris morphs. I did notice that I needed New Gens For Victoria 8 and ZExpansion Morphs For 3feetwolf's New Gens V8, so I purchased both and have correctly installed both of them. I read the Readme file and copied the Content folder from the extracted Zip file and into my "My Library" folder where it just added itself to my pre-existing "Content" folder. When I loaded Daz back up, I noted that I only had a few of the morphs from the promotional image. I do not have these morphs:

• !Super Clitoris
  • Clitoris Flacid Erect
  • Clitoris Head Scale
  • Clitoris Head Shape Adjust
  • Clitoris Hood Skin
  • Vaginal Fat Lips Adjust
  • Vag Internal Height Adjust 2

Basically, everything that was supposed to be in the 2nd expansion pack I do not have. However, when I enter the Content Library and go to My Library>Content>data>3feetwolf>New Genitalia For Victoria 8 I can see these folders in this order:

Base Layer>Morphs>Zev0>NGV8 ZExpansion 2

Then there are a bunch of squares with picture frames inside with and the triangular exclamation point. All the morphs in this folder are as follows:

• !Super Clitoris
  • Clitoris Erect
  • Clitoris Flacid Erect
  • Clitoris Flacid
  • Clitoris Head Scale
  • Clitoris Head Shape Adjust
  • Clitoris Hood Skin
  • Clitoris Size Neg Assist 1
  • Clitoris Size Neg Assist 2
  • Erect Assist
  • FatLips Assist 1
  • FatLips Assist 2
  • FatLips Assist 3
  • FatLips Assist 4
  • FatLips Assist 5
  • Hood Assist 1
  • Hood Assist 2
  • Hood Assist 3
  • Super Clitoris Assist 1
  • Super Clitoris Assist 2
  • Vag Fat Lips Adjust
  • Vag Internal Height Adjust 2

I also attempted to see if the file was in the right place. So I right clicked on any of them, clicked on "Browse to File Location" which took me too the file located in the "My Library" folder. It was located in this file directory:

C:\Users\karma\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Content\data\3feetwolf\New Genitalia For Victoria 8\Base Layer\Morphs\Zev0\NGV8 ZExpansion 2

Again, I'm not really sure what went wrong where, but I'm certainly not happy at the moment. I'm goign to be inboxing the artist directly, as well as contacting RenderErotica directly to see who can get me help first. Any assitance here would be greatly appreciated, thanks., 

EvilSteve  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2020 11:55:57 PM(UTC)
EvilSteve

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
The problem is almost certainly that "Content" folder. The "data" folder should live directly under "My Library," not under a "Content" subfolder.

You have to be a little careful with unzipping stuff, because there doesn't seem to be a standard packaging format used by all vendors. Look for things like "data," "People," and "Runtime." Those should all normally go directly into the root of your library, along with whatever is at the same "level" in the package with them. Everything being in a "Content" folder is typical of packages that were designed to also work with DAZ Install Manager. I vaguely remember someone putting together a tutorial post somewhere in the forums here, but I don't remember where it was.
Ebonix115  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2020 12:08:18 AM(UTC)
Ebonix115

Just to be clear on the "Content" folder: When I go to the directory:

C:\Users\karma\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library

There is the "Content" folder. When I enter that folder, there are 4 folders within it. They are:

data
Documentation
People
Runtime

Are you saying that those should or should not be there? Because I have lots of other content that's in those files that works just fine.

As for extracting the files: When I open the Zip, there is one folder - Content. When I open the "Content" folder from the Zip file, there are 3 folders:
data
Documentation
People

Should those files get copy/pasted into the "My Library" folder to be merged with all my other installed content, or are you saying that it should go somewhere else? If you need screen shots, I can find a way to post them here. Thanks for helping.
Ebonix115  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2020 12:34:54 AM(UTC)
Ebonix115

Update - someone in the Daz3D forums helped me out. The issue was this:

The product came in a zip file. I'd unzip it and see the "Content" folder inside, which contained the "data", "People", "Runtime", etc folders.
I'd take the "Content" folder and paste it directly into the "Content" folder that was within the "My Library" folder.
I should have just taken the stuff that was in the zipped "Content" folder and pasted it directly into "My Library" instead.

Talk about feeling like a dummy. I almost want to go back and redo all of the content that I've downloaded, but that's gonna take a lot of time. I think that I'll just do that when I get a new memory card for the computer. Thanks though for pointing out the "Content" folder. It was a big help.

Happy Holidays and stay safe out there!
EvilSteve  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2020 2:07:18 AM(UTC)
EvilSteve

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Sounds like you figured it out, but just to follow up, this was the tutorial I was talking about: https://www.renderotica....&t=218553#post424868

That talks about installing everything into something like "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\My Daz 3D Library" which isn't what I'd recommend (that tutorial is a couple of years old, and the default behavior might have changed since then; your location of "C:\Users\karma\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library" is a better option), but the basic idea of figuring out what to look for in the zip files is well-explained.