Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zeppelin  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2020 8:52:00 PM(UTC)
Zeppelin

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 95 post(s)

Hi, I was excited to see the free expansion pack, I downloaded it and stared playing around with it. Following the PDF I tried to create the new NGV8 textures for a character. According to the tutorial:

Now click the 'Start' button. The prompt window will close and a cmd window will open. The script starts creating the new NGV8 textures. Do not close this cmd window and wait a few minutes.

I tried this several times and nothing happens. The dialog box disappears and when I look in the folder where the textures are supposed to be generated and stored, it's empty. 

I'm on a Mac, could that be it?

BrotherHades  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 5, 2020 5:12:04 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Zeppelin Go to Quoted Post

Hi, I was excited to see the free expansion pack, I downloaded it and stared playing around with it. Following the PDF I tried to create the new NGV8 textures for a character. According to the tutorial:

Now click the 'Start' button. The prompt window will close and a cmd window will open. The script starts creating the new NGV8 textures. Do not close this cmd window and wait a few minutes.

I tried this several times and nothing happens. The dialog box disappears and when I look in the folder where the textures are supposed to be generated and stored, it's empty. 

I'm on a Mac, could that be it?

It is possible, I can't recall right off if the readme mentions it being tested for Mac. Truthfully even though I have the expansion I rarely use the texture creation tool as it takes a really long time to create the textures on my current work machine. Though the wetness tool was a nice addition to New Gens.

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
Zeppelin on 12/5/2020(UTC)