Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
melankah  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2020 9:12:19 AM(UTC)
melankah

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 28 post(s)

I've been looking for a rope system to do some bondage scenes and Ropetastic would be perfect: It's beautiful, visually excellent, easy to use, great design... except I can't render any scenes with it. I'm wondering: are there any triangles used in the mesh, or is it just that using too much rope raises my polygon count too high? 

I love this product, I just wish it worked in IRay. 

Chaosophia  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2020 1:13:54 AM(UTC)
Chaosophia

Was thanked: 83 time(s) in 66 post(s)

It might be the poly count.I have ropetastic, and it works fine in my rendering in IRay. And my pc is kinda low end. I can't at the moment check the poly counts, I have a large render going. But the times I've rendered with it, it has worked without a hitch.

Seven-ol  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2020 5:26:35 AM(UTC)
Seven-ol

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I like the ropetastic too and I would be interested in any other variation on the subject : different colors, and some morphs for a bit of variety.
I'm fascinated by female outdoor bondage, so anything like wood branches, twigs, improvised restraints like torn cloth, old metal wire, aging and used rope would delight me.
My scenes are mostly semi-nude and rarely genital close ups
PecosBill  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 12, 2021 2:45:12 PM(UTC)
PecosBill

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I know this is an old thread at this point, but this might be useful to have in the search results for "Ropetastic".

It's an awesome product, but the triangle count does tend to get comical and blow up scenes. What you can do is get your ropes completely posed, then send them out to Hexagon to simplify the geometry and back into Daz as a fixed prop. Reapply your textures and you're good to go.

For reference, I just did an experiment, and here's a scene with a default G8.1F and the "All ropes" parented preset in Ropetastic:

Geometry memory consumption: 1.618 GiB

Just that one figure and all her ropes ran a 6GB video card out of VRAM. After running the ropes through Hexagon and using the default Decimate level:

Geometry memory consumption: 61.801 MiB

The rendered images look identical, and now the scene comfortably fits in the VRAM of a 6GB card.

thanks 1 user thanked PecosBill for this useful post.
gerl2 on 12/26/2021(UTC)
stoffmanndaz  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2022 10:20:01 AM(UTC)
stoffmanndaz

I ran into the same problem. I wasn't able to render a scene with Iray that had about 15 different Ropetatstic props.

The log showed that my Graphic Card's memory was not enough (GeForce RTX 3090 with 24GB).

After investigating I found that the Displacement Subdivision Level settings in the Surface of the ropes is the reason. It's set to 9 which let's the geometry count explode.

Reducing the level of Displacement Subdivision fixed the problem.