Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Adorben  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 4:25:06 PM(UTC)
Adorben

Hello Everyone,

I've been trying to figure out what is going on with new Daz and Geografting. The same process I do in 4.10 Daz works fine, but the same thing in anything past 4.10 seems to offset the vagina to only want to be placed based only on the location of where it would go on a Base Gen 8 Model. So for this example, a Gen 8 Model Suki will just have the vagina a bit shifted forward where the body of the Gen 8 Base model would be. So pretty much the Vagina only wants to work with a Base Gen 8 Model and none of the more unique Gen 8 Models you can get. Granted this is in any Daz Past 4.10 version. In the 4.10 Version it just works with any Gen 8 Model. I can provide pictures as well if people like or if what I said before is not clear. I was just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this or what other people do? I am trying to use the Vagina “Golden Palace”.

P.S. - The Vagina GeoGraft works on the Base Gen 8 Female Model in current Daz but I want it to work on other versions of Gen 8 which it does not unless I use 4.10 Daz

https://www.renderotica.com/store/sku/57311_Golden-Palace-For-Genesis-8-Female

Thanks for any input or help and I will try to respond as quickly as I can to any thoughts :)

- Adorben

BrotherHades  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 7:55:21 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

I can think of a couple issues that you might be referring to.

First have you made sure you don't have the joint editor, geometry editor, mesh grabber, etc selected and active, As almost all the editor tools will break geograft functionality until you deactivate the editor tool. And simply closing out the editor tab isn't enough you will have to choose another tool for it to completely close the editor (I usually activate the node selection tool)

Alternately if the figure uses a lot of scaling, and heavy morphing from the default G8F, you may have to adjust the rigging to shape on the graft (Some of Meipe's later grafts have a script to do this for you automatically, but Golden Palace doesn't have it included) the tutorial and script in this thread might help

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
Adorben on 12/1/2020(UTC)
Adorben  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2020 4:34:01 PM(UTC)
Adorben

Thanks, I will check that out and see if it help. <3