Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
davo  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 10:51:15 PM(UTC)
davo

Was thanked: 281 time(s) in 165 post(s)

Hello Everybody!

(Hi Doctor Nick!)

I'm attempting to create a chopped neck morph for the G8 figures.  I need to export the upper neck and lower neck, make some vertice movements, then import those back into DS on the G8 figures.  I haven't got a step by step clue how to do that and feeling my way around is not working.

My workflow is exporting as an obj file, converting the obj to work in rhino3d, then export from rhino3d the new obj file then apply that morph to the G8 figures.  I have read a little on things like "setting the figure resolution to base" before exporting, blah blah blah, but my morphs are not being taken when I try to reimport them.

If anybody can give a step by step tutorial or instructions, that would be very helpful. My ds version at the moment is 4.12.1..

Thanks!

Zaavaleta  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 8:00:08 PM(UTC)
Zaavaleta

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 63 post(s)

Hi. Just to be sure, are you saying you want to chop off everything above the neck? If so, that would be a geograft, rather than a morph.

If that's the case, I have a link to a tutorial that may help.

davo  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 8:03:35 PM(UTC)
davo

Was thanked: 281 time(s) in 165 post(s)
could you post a link? Maybe a geograft would be a method more useful. Would the geograft automatically take the texture of your character?

Thanks!
Davo
Zaavaleta  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2020 6:07:27 AM(UTC)
Zaavaleta

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 63 post(s)

Sure, here's the one that helped me the most https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O8qL_BIQxY .

This is another one by Sickleyield (2 videos) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm-QCFKowCw , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFVLmO3rECM . She goes into more detail, but her videos were harder for me to follow, that's why I liked the other video better.

The important thing to remember is that morphs let you reshape the figure, but you have to keep the number of vertices the same. You can't add or remove any.

Geografts allow you to add a part to a character or take away a part. The only drawback is that the geograft has its own geometry so you have to UV map it and texture it and try to get it to match the parent figure.

Good luck!

thanks 1 user thanked Zaavaleta for this useful post.
Chaosophia on 11/11/2020(UTC)
Chaosophia  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2020 9:50:19 AM(UTC)
Chaosophia

Was thanked: 83 time(s) in 66 post(s)

Thanks Zaavaleta I have been wanting to do this for ages, but have never got around to learning it thouroughly.