47 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Meipe  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 12:11:29 PM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1233 time(s) in 614 post(s)

I receive many requests for new products and updates, and it would be great to build all of them.

But I would like to understand what you guys want more, so I published a little poll with ten options at he site that must not be named.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 11, 2020 1:03:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Meipe for this useful post.
Mysteryman on 3/25/2022(UTC)
Zeppelin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 1:29:06 PM(UTC)
Zeppelin

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 95 post(s)

I have to say I'm not impressed with (the patron place). The first thing they want is all of of your social media contacts and then they hit you up for a credit card. After registering, they couldn't find you even though I was typing in your name correctly. And then when I get to your page the poll is about new products. I'm interested in Breastacular being able to morph the areolas and nipples to the bottom of the breast to give a realistic look to women with large breasts. You had responded to earlier requests saying it was in the offing, and now you are on to new projects.

https://www.renderotica.com/community/forums.aspx?g=posts&t=226559&cmsg=0&cmsn=#post442434

I type in (the patron place) and it gets turned into Renderotica. What gives? I've edited this three times, it won't take

Edited by user Thursday, July 23, 2020 1:39:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Optika  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 5:37:53 PM(UTC)
Optika

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 36 post(s)

Well, that (Name edited) gets converted to Renderotica is a forum preset. Nothing Meipe is responsible for.

Regarding the offer their I find it absolutely worth it getting quite a lot of stuff ahead of regular updates like the texture for Bullfrog. But that's my 20c.

Edited by moderator Tuesday, August 11, 2020 3:18:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Optika for this useful post.
Fritz_Catacus on 1/23/2021(UTC)
Kgpx  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 7:39:40 PM(UTC)
Kgpx

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Ok, honestly (in I mean so), I get it. We all try hard (as in pun intended) to make a living by work for a living. On the ohter hand (another pun intended) we all know, most of us are doing this for a hobby (which I wouldn't have been able to without theadmirable work of your and and quite a few other creatative minds).
So, pardon me to ask the perhaps not  obvious, but is milking (pun hattrick) via patr.... the right way to go instead of building products people ask for here and would (logically) actually buy rather pushing to "fund" *potential* products to potentially (attention, pun overflow alert) cum?
Sorry if embarrasing, just 2 scents I had to drop in here as I was just going to suggest  some "enhancements" to Dicktator 3 & 8 I do both own but not utilse  to full extent (I think I busted the pun pun by now) because the, hm, what shall I call it, "dent" between glans and  foreskin  is way to pronaunced to makes using  Dickator Futalicious stand out as a unique.... tool, just  when I came across this post.

Edited by user Thursday, July 23, 2020 7:56:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sentionaut  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 9:28:25 PM(UTC)
sentionaut

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
The platform is mainly for people who want to support the creators they like; freelance and indie artists are often living on slim margins and every bit of income means they have more cushion and more peace of mind, which leads to greater creative freedom. It's a nice feeling to contribute to that.

Letting patrons vote on upcoming stuff makes sense because you know for certain they're your customers. Most of Meipe's rewards are only useful if you own specific products already.
thanks 1 user thanked sentionaut for this useful post.
matt  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 10:47:36 PM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 312 time(s) in 211 post(s)

Originally Posted by: sentionaut Go to Quoted Post
 Most of Meipe's rewards are only useful if you own specific products already.

More like all of them. Everything that Meipe has released through *the site that shall not be named* has been an update or an addon for a preexisting product.

A lot of content consumers don't really realize that this shit doesn't just happen overnight. It takes a lot of work. I don't work for free, I doubt anyone reading this does. Neither does Meipe, and that's why the patron account exists. Every single little addon and additional morph we ask for probably takes several days to complete, if not longer. You want the shit? Pay for it. I don't know about the rest of you, but before the 'Rona made me reevaluate my fun money expenditures, I was dropping between $300 and $400 a MONTH between the big three sites. Every month. The meager fee of $10 that Meipe wants to gain early access or any access at all to little addons here and there is nothing. I spend that every day on alcohol. Meipe's a saint among creators, as far as I'm concerned. We ask for a thing, it gets built, more often than not. Support that! Patron may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's a platform that allows the creator to get something back for something that we want. I'll continue to give Meipe my $10 a month. 

thanks 7 users thanked matt for this useful post.
Meipe on 7/25/2020(UTC), Blir on 7/25/2020(UTC), yupa on 8/17/2020(UTC), Fritz_Catacus on 1/23/2021(UTC), rendertom on 7/25/2021(UTC), Thunder-3D on 7/30/2021(UTC), Bumper2 on 10/29/2021(UTC)
Zeppelin  
#7 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2020 4:27:45 PM(UTC)
Zeppelin

I'm a good customer and own many of Meipe's products. I'm ready to pay for the features I ask for. What I'm not prepared to do is pay a monthly fee through a third party for information and updates to products that may not be the ones I ask for or want. Please Meipe, finish the products you have before going on to new things.

Edited by user Friday, July 24, 2020 4:34:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Zeppelin for this useful post.
Masterstroke on 7/27/2020(UTC)
Kgpx  
#8 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2020 5:59:58 PM(UTC)
Kgpx

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Ok I might have been appearing blowing the gasket a bit yesterday.

To clarify, I understand the reason for utilizing that portal in discussion to get increased support and income, potentially in need these strange days we are currently going through and again. So, I do not critisize Meipe for choosing this route. What I do not understand or embrace though, is the request to sign up with p... (I found out the poll seems actually public) instead on this platform the products are sold through and so the customers apparently have already an account with. Unless this content polled for will be exclusively distributed there.

However, and that is my point, usually, with other artists, depending on the plan you can access ALL there content there. Now, including these "host" products on the alternative portal should not be feasible due to this platforms policy here, which would make a subscription (what it basically boils down to) much more reasonable but in this case renders the unlucky double edged situation "Buy the core here, pay for maintenance plan there"

If it it is just additions you may not get here but just there, fine. It gets hairy though when it comes to that critical fixes or updates cannot be made available through the channel the original product was purchased due to colliding with the terms and conditions or this site.

I think it's only fair having expressed my considerations in this very thread of the creator as it should have a major impact on my future purchase decisions of her/his/their products. And as it stands I am not completely alone in that.
ntngear  
#9 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2020 6:26:37 PM(UTC)
ntngear

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 18 post(s)

Shame that geografted foreskin wasn't on the list, as I would've voted for that one first. But collidable testicles does sound interesting.

matt  
#10 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2020 8:52:34 PM(UTC)
matt

I'll break this into chunks, to address each point. 

Originally Posted by: Kgpx Go to Quoted Post
Ok I might have been appearing blowing the gasket a bit yesterday.

No worries, we've all done it. I lit up a vendor a few years back only to realize that the mistake was mine, and not theirs. I apologized, but I still feel like a dick about it. Live and learn. 

To clarify, I understand the reason for utilizing that portal in discussion to get increased support and income, potentially in need these strange days we are currently going through and again. So, I do not critisize Meipe for choosing this route. What I do not understand or embrace though, is the request to sign up with p... (I found out the poll seems actually public) instead on this platform the products are sold through and so the customers apparently have already an account with. Unless this content polled for will be exclusively distributed there.

Meipe could have certainly done a poll here. It's their prerogative to do it on whatever platform they choose, and as you said, the poll is public, so even if you're not subscribed to the Patron, it really doesn't matter in this case. So far, everything that Meipe has posted there has either been little niche morphs and texture packs for specific characters, or simply updates on what's going to be included in a future release, which have all been released here, such as the updates for CB and BT. The 'pay to play' methodology in the case of updates just means that if you subscribe, you might get them sooner than they are released here. 

However, and that is my point, usually, with other artists, depending on the plan you can access ALL there content there. Now, including these "host" products on the alternative portal should not be feasible due to this platforms policy here, which would make a subscription (what it basically boils down to) much more reasonable but in this case renders the unlucky double edged situation "Buy the core here, pay for maintenance plan there"

You're not 'paying for maintenance' any more than you would be here with a paid update. Most of Meipe's updates have been free here, anyway, such as the bump from Futalicious 3.0 to 3.2. Meipe has only released their products here, either as a free update or a paid add-on. Meipe's primary content can all be had here. As I mentioned, the morphs and textures that have been posted for download at Patron have all been little niche things, such as the blow-up morph for GP or texture add-ons for a single character, which in all likelihood will be included in any future updates of the pertinent product. They might be a free upgrade here, they might be a paid add-on. It really depends on what it is.

If it it is just additions you may not get here but just there, fine. It gets hairy though when it comes to that critical fixes or updates cannot be made available through the channel the original product was purchased due to colliding with the terms and conditions or this site.

Regarding your second point, since I've already addressed the first, critical fixes and updates have always been posted here, either as a free update through the store or as a dropbox download that Meipe posts themselves. 

I think it's only fair having expressed my considerations in this very thread of the creator as it should have a major impact on my future purchase decisions of her/his/their products. And as it stands I am not completely alone in that.

Meipe supports their products. They always have, and that's why I will never hesitate to buy something that I want. Critical fixes or failures that managed to make it past beta testing always get posted here. The Patron is only for singular textures and morphs that some have requested, and I don't blame Meipe one bit for adopting a subscription format for those things. As I mentioned in my previous post, this shit takes time. I don't have the skill set to create these things myself, and I'm not about to learn a new piece of software to do it. I will gladly pay $10 a month to have access to them. I spent more than that on my lunch today, and I'll spend more than that on it tomorrow. I will happily pay a content creator for their time, especially one like Meipe that listens, and then builds, even when the appeal may be limited. That kind of customer care is worth twice as much. 

thanks 2 users thanked matt for this useful post.
Meipe on 7/25/2020(UTC), Bumper2 on 10/29/2021(UTC)
matt  
#11 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2020 9:05:39 PM(UTC)
matt

Originally Posted by: ntngear Go to Quoted Post

Shame that geografted foreskin wasn't on the list, as I would've voted for that one first. But collidable testicles does sound interesting.

I'd love a more detailed foreskin, and I voted for the collidable nuts. :)

thanks 1 user thanked matt for this useful post.
Cryphius3DX on 8/28/2020(UTC)
Meipe  
#12 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2020 1:39:06 AM(UTC)
Meipe

Originally Posted by: ntngear Go to Quoted Post

Sorry I forgot about it, and about Zeppelin's Nipple... I Included the latest requests as they were fresh in my mind in  this hot summer ;)

Collidable testicles are second in the poll just now, just after collidable female butts...

BTW, I asked for a Renderotica forum change, with customizable forum sub-categories, but it's too complex as they would have to modify the site architecture. Problem is content/fixes I release at renderotica quickly get lost and can't be organized. So I hat to move at the site that must not be named.

There everything is tagged and can easily be found. As matt said, all content will sooner or later be included in free updates at Renderotica, so I don't want anyone feel 'pushed' to open a subscription. If you have ideas or requests for updates, Renderotica's forums are fine for me, no need to subscribe.

Just consider that each full update means to re-test everything both for me and the Renderotica staff. So I can't update 'live' for every fix/improvement I make, and I rather share it earlier at the site that must not be named.

Zeppelin: The site that must not be named is censoring adult content by not easily indexing X-rated pages. Kind of  dark web.

Edit by Moderator. No links offsite to any membership or retail sites.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 11, 2020 1:05:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Meipe for this useful post.
Zeppelin on 7/25/2020(UTC), 59Burst on 11/13/2020(UTC)
stger2  
#13 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2020 5:49:51 AM(UTC)
stger2

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 14 post(s)
yeah, I miss the foreskin (with androgyny) support, as well in the poll ;)
But doesn't matter. I don't think that something would win against a female butt geocraft ;)
Voronov  
#14 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2020 12:33:45 PM(UTC)
Voronov

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm looking to set up a comic pipeline using Character Creator 3 and Blender, and I'd like to know what would be involved in using Golden Palace etc with CC3 figures. Do you have any guidance for your products either with CC3 or how to adapt them efficiently to figure meshes in Blender? Currently FBX export is broken in CC3 and Blender's Rigify doesn't seem to like OBJ files made in CC3, but hopefully one or the other of these issues will be resolved soon and I want to find out if I can include Golden Palace in my workflow.
simontemplar  
#15 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2020 1:15:43 PM(UTC)
simontemplar

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 100 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Meipe Go to Quoted Post

Collidable testicles are second in the poll just now

It must really hurt to put one's testicles inside a collider! 

"That was fun. Let's do it again."
Zeppelin  
#16 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2020 5:26:09 PM(UTC)
Zeppelin

Thanks for the info on that other site Meipe. I don't mean to complain, just a friendly reminder that I would gladly pay for the update and I believe others would too as evidenced on the link I sent earlier. Please let us know if there are any developments!
ntngear  
#17 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2020 5:39:35 PM(UTC)
ntngear

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 18 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Voronov Go to Quoted Post
I'm looking to set up a comic pipeline using Character Creator 3 and Blender, and I'd like to know what would be involved in using Golden Palace etc with CC3 figures. Do you have any guidance for your products either with CC3 or how to adapt them efficiently to figure meshes in Blender? Currently FBX export is broken in CC3 and Blender's Rigify doesn't seem to like OBJ files made in CC3, but hopefully one or the other of these issues will be resolved soon and I want to find out if I can include Golden Palace in my workflow.

As far as I know, Meipe's products are only for Daz figures, not Character Creator 3 figures.

guidebo  
#18 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 7:03:14 AM(UTC)
guidebo

Hi Meipe,

I'll use this topic to ask you about the request I made a few months ago ( https://www.renderotica....&t=235300#post460893 ), where I asked for a Golden Palace/Diktator combination (so, like a seamless fusion of the two grafts where the Diktator part would be starting from the clitoris area of the Golden Palace).  I scrolled through your Pat***n page to check it out but I couldn't find any topic about this.  Is it still on (one of) your to-do list(s)?

Anyway, thanks for your time 👍

Meipe  
#19 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 3:07:46 AM(UTC)
Meipe

thanks 1 user thanked Meipe for this useful post.
guidebo  
#20 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 9:38:47 AM(UTC)
guidebo

Originally Posted by: Meipe Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: guidebo Go to Quoted Post

I'll use this topic to ask you about the request I made a few months ago ( https://www.renderotica....&t=235300#post460893 ), where I asked for a Golden Palace/Diktator combination

Did you check my "Full Monty" graft?

Yes I did (as I mentioned in my previous request which is linked in my first post in this topic), and as I mentioned before, I really like the look of it, but I'm looking for a version without testicles.  The thing that annoys me a bit with the original Futalicious graft with Roasty add-on is that the vagina part (labia majora) looks a bit too bulgy and doesn't look "natural" enough, it still looks a bit too much as an add-on.

I'm sorry if I come over as rude or disrespectful, that's really not my intention.  I really appreciate and am thankful you take the time to look into these requests.

Cheers.