Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
irondog  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2020 8:23:03 AM(UTC)
irondog

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)

I am terrible with lighting but seem to get it going after tinkering with render light settings I purchased on the DAZ store, but for some reason, I can not get this scene to brighten up no matter how many pre render light settings I add... Any help would be appreciated and also, would anyone have any suggestions for the best Iray render light presets I can just purchase from thee DAZ store? there is so many to choose from and I just need one for good dynamic lighting preset for all scenes to help get my work flow.

irondog attached the following image(s):
SEXYNESS.png
BrimstoneOmega  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2020 5:21:00 PM(UTC)
BrimstoneOmega

Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 86 post(s)

Try this, it's a set of four emissive lights arranged in a semi-circle. Very simple yet quite effective. I use it in almost every render I do since I learned about emissive lighting. 

File Attachment(s):
Simple Light Rig & Iray Cameras.zip (67kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
mjw  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 10:23:21 AM(UTC)
mjw

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 124 post(s)
Imaged through a camera or perspective? If camera, try checking aperture is okay (large number smaller hole, darker scene); try with headlight on; use spotlights (direct them by making them your view but you cannot render from that) and lift the light levels (select spotlight, parameters, light, photometrics, luminous flux). You may need to raise to levels of 0000, or more.
Alternately, try using postwork to increase the light levels - not as good, but can help.
mjw  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 10:33:29 AM(UTC)
mjw

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 124 post(s)
If you are using perspective lens for rendering, it is all down to general lighting. If using camera, try changing aperture (large number, small hole, better sharpness, less light) or switching on the headlight. If indoors, and roof not visible, switch it off and using external light. Use spotlights and pointlights and distant light. With spotlights view through them to see where they point, but you must use camera or perspective to render. Light levels normally need to be high - Spotlight, parameters, light, photometrics, luminous flux. I often need levels with several zeroes, eg 150000 lumens. Try postwork - may be able to raise brightness in a photo program.
Look at https://www.renderotica..../Shape-of-Things-to-Come where I used a range of different techniques such as above. Narrow spotlight spread to focus on small area, for exampele.