Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
niteowl  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 3:19:25 PM(UTC)
niteowl

HI guys,

so I recently purchased the update for Lilith 7, but it doesn't seem to work. I can load new gens on Lilith now, but the process gives me an error message and the gens remain colorless.....

Just wondering whether you guys also had similar problems, or if there is any way to fix that (tried to contact 3feetwolf but he seems to be AWOL).

Failing that, any gens that would work on Lilith 7 that you could recommend?

thanks

BrotherHades  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 3:09:48 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

I'm not having any problems using New Gens on Lilith 7

Do you have any other grafts that use shells in the scene? If you do the shell from various grafts can cause a white area on the new gens until you run a shell fix script on all the shells in the scene.

As to other gens options there is Golden Palace, though to use it with Lilith 7 you would also need to purchase Golden Palace UVs For Genesis 3 Female

niteowl  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 8:28:07 PM(UTC)
niteowl

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

I'm not having any problems using New Gens on Lilith 7

Do you have any other grafts that use shells in the scene? If you do the shell from various grafts can cause a white area on the new gens until you run a shell fix script on all the shells in the scene.

As to other gens options there is Golden Palace, though to use it with Lilith 7 you would also need to purchase Golden Palace UVs For Genesis 3 Female

Hi man, thanks for the advice.... Regarding Lilith 7, well, I wasn't using any shells as far as I know.... I just opened the Lilith 7 model and applied the gens without doing anything else. The entire area where the gens should be is instead colorless...

I also ran into another snag; the new gens don't work with another character I want to use (Akimitsu), and no updates for her.

Would Golden Palace work with any model if I get the UVs update?

Thanks again for your reply, much appreciated.

BrotherHades  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 1:41:34 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Is it possible that you didn't run the initialization script after you installed the Lilith 7 update, if you didn't there should be a file in the New Genitalia for Victoria 7 folder that is called Update the script of New Gens. Run this if you haven't as it will initialize and update the add ons installed for New Gens, then there is one called Update the Materials of New Gens. Click on it and it should run the script to copy the materials from Lilith 7 and set the UVs of New Gens to Lilith 7.

It will be rare to find the UVs for most of the Non Daz characters if they have a custom UV set (I know there is one or two here that 3Feetwolf did special updates included with the character, and a small handful like Nata 3 that updates were made available for free). However most of the figures out there have UVs based off the standard Daz gals so you usually just have to figure out which UV set was used on which characters (Luckily once you have the expansion installed for a specific base character it will work automatically to apply to all characters made from that UV set, of course Daz went a bit overboard with the UVs on Genesis 3 giving all the base 7 figures their own unique UV set)

Main difference on Golden Palace and New Gens on the UV updates is Meipe released them all at once in a bundle, where 3Feetwolf released them all separately at first and then bundled them together afterwards. And both Genitals work pretty similarly overall, main differences are Meipe's grafts are set to use shells for some of the materials. Golden Palace runs a script that copies the torso map for the base of the gens and then uses shells for the labia minora and anus coloring. New Gens eventually went with a similar system with the New Genitalia for Victoria 8, but I don't think 3Feetwolf ever went back and updated to add the shells for the older New Gens. Also there are differences in basic default shapes and what morphs and morph expansions the gens have. Example New Gens Victoria 7 has Xameva's great Deep Inside Her morph and pose pack, where Golden Palace for Genesis 3 doesn't (Of course for Genesis 8 that is flipped Golden Palace has the Deep Inside Her set and New Genitalia for Victoria 8 doesn't) and new gens has Zev0's ZExpansion pack available.

Akimitsu looks like is based off the Genesis 3 Base Female UVs so New Gens should be working with her. You might just need to run the material update script if it is not automatically applying the materials as New Gens loads.

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
niteowl on 6/1/2020(UTC)
niteowl  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2020 2:05:13 AM(UTC)
niteowl

Is it possible that you didn't run the initialization script after you installed the Lilith 7 update, if you didn't there should be a file in the New Genitalia for Victoria 7 folder that is called Update the script of New Gens. Run this if you haven't as it will initialize and update the add ons installed for New Gens, then there is one called Update the Materials of New Gens. Click on it and it should run the script to copy the materials from Lilith 7 and set the UVs of New Gens to Lilith 7.

It will be rare to find the UVs for most of the Non Daz characters if they have a custom UV set (I know there is one or two here that 3Feetwolf did special updates included with the character, and a small handful like Nata 3 that updates were made available for free). However most of the figures out there have UVs based off the standard Daz gals so you usually just have to figure out which UV set was used on which characters (Luckily once you have the expansion installed for a specific base character it will work automatically to apply to all characters made from that UV set, of course Daz went a bit overboard with the UVs on Genesis 3 giving all the base 7 figures their own unique UV set)

Thanks man, this is very useful.... but here's the thing, since I updated I've been having problems with many characters. I often get a message that says I have to install the UVs for base female G3. Models that were saved with the gens on work fine, but if I try to load them to a character none work now... I must have messed something up when I installed the update

I found the scripts you mentions, but when I try to run them I get the same message. I guess I will try to reinstall from scratch.

niteowl  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2020 2:22:00 AM(UTC)
niteowl

Actually, I reinstalled and now new gens work fine on akimitsu and other characters
I could also run the update gens script

but on Lilith it still doesn't work..... when I try I get an ' 'An error occurred, see log for details' message and they remain colorless

also, there is an 'update materials' script that doesn't work...but at least I don't seem to need it (but it gives me the 'need to install UV for base female)
BrotherHades  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 4:42:07 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

I'm not sure why you are having issues with it looking for the base female UV message as the base and Victoria 7 should install with New Gens itself, where the expansions usually contain corrective morphs, a morph to match gens to figure, and the UV for the expansion. 

Check to make sure everything has installed correctly go to Data/3Feetwolf/New Genitalia For Victoria 7/UV Sets/3Feetwolf/ and tell me the names of the folders you see. If you have only New Gens and the Lilith 7 expansion you should see a Base, Victoria 7, and Lilith 7 folder.

niteowl  
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 1:27:38 PM(UTC)
niteowl

so in that folder (Victoria 7 - UVs - 3feetwolf) I have the following folders

Base
Eva 7
Lilith 7
Victoria 7
(they all contain one UV file, in the base it's just named default, for the others it's named after the character)

Another thing. The update for Lilith came with two files

update_for_Lilith-7
update_for_Lilith-7_DS4-9-3-166

I tried installing only each one, or both, either way it doesn't work...
kinda stumped
BrotherHades  
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 7:52:28 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

niteowl wrote:

Base
Eva 7
Lilith 7
Victoria 7
(they all contain one UV file, in the base it's just named default, for the others it's named after the character)

Ok, that sounds correct

niteowl wrote:

update_for_Lilith-7

The second file is there to fix an issue that DS 4.9.3.166 introduced with geo grafts, and JCMs not sure if the issue is still there in later versions. I have had both installed with the 4.9.3.166 update being installed second and overwriting any identical files.

niteowl wrote:
kinda stumped

I'm stumped as well as from what I can tell everything should be working. Other than a suggestion to re-download and reinstall in case by some slim chance you got a bad copy of the files downloaded, I'm not sure what is wrong.

niteowl  
#10 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2020 8:00:47 PM(UTC)
niteowl

niteowl wrote:

Base
Eva 7
Lilith 7
Victoria 7

Ok, that sounds correct

niteowl wrote:

update_for_Lilith-7

The second file is there to fix an issue that DS 4.9.3.166 introduced with geo grafts, and JCMs not sure if the issue is still there in later versions. I have had both installed with the 4.9.3.166 update being installed second and overwriting any identical files.

niteowl wrote:
kinda stumped

I'm stumped as well as from what I can tell everything should be working. Other than a suggestion to re-download and reinstall in case by some slim chance you got a bad copy of the files downloaded, I'm not sure what is wrong.

I tried re-downloading already and reinstalling, same result.

Oh well, I give up. Not the end of the world... the update was only a few bucks.

Kind of a bummer that I can't use the gens with Lilith but yeah, not much I can do about it.

If anything I'd be kinda curious to know what the problem is, but I suppose I will never find out.