Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Be@chboy  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 12:03:32 PM(UTC)
Be@chboy

I've been admiring Kirgen71's artwork, and I have to wonder how the artist achieves those great skin textures and especially the fine detail in the feet where the metatarsals and phalanges show so realistically under the skin. 

I'm new to this and have been working in Daz Studio 4.12 with some of the Genesis 8 characters, but cannot figure out how to improve image detail. I will attach an example of my best results using the Victoria 8 character.

Any guidance is appreciated!

Be@chboy attached the following image(s):
Victoria 8 test from Daz Studio 4.12.png
GTA345  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 10:49:35 PM(UTC)
GTA345

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 32 post(s)

A lot of it is the skin that the model comes with. There is a lot more detailed models then the Victoria base skin. I do not know which model that Kirgen is using, but it is a lot more detailed then Victoria.
And a lot of it is the lighting.
Look at YouTube for hundreds of lighting tutorials. Setting up lights takes a lot of trial and error.
The easiest way is to get a lighting preset. Especially one made for closeups or portraits.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 14, 2020 10:54:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BrimstoneOmega  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 7:38:43 AM(UTC)
BrimstoneOmega

Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 86 post(s)
An easy way to get more detail is to increase the subdivision (sub-d) of the model. Also there are some high definition models out there as GTA345 stated. Kayless makes some great models, in fact I use the HD morph from his Aurore in almost every character I make. Before dropping a ton of money into the normal Daz hd morphs, I would recommend looking at some of these characters.