Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Olpabin  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 5:54:06 AM(UTC)
Olpabin

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hello,

I recently purchased IDG Iray Essentials for my characters and the skins work fine. However, for some reason the male gential textures will not load.

I'm using Sledgehammer's OMGDK for G8 males. When using G8 Male genital textures from all different kinds of G8 male characters it works fine, but whenever I try using the IDG Iray Essentials texture it doesn't load up at all.

I have tried reinstalling it with smart content, DAZ Install Manager, and manually installing it but still get the same results. I am using Daz Studio 4.12 Pro with Windows 10.

If anyone has any ideas of anything else I could try I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time and help.

Olpabin attached the following image(s):
SHOMGTexture.jpg
BrotherHades  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 1:39:17 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

My first suggestion is to check the shader setting on the OMGDK. I have seen some Iray materials that don't apply if the dz_default or other 3Delight based shaders are used, They'll only apply once the Iray_Uber shader base is applied first (Normally the materials should change everything including the shader base, but I have seen several materials or shaders for Iray needing Iray_Uber applied first)

Another thing that might work is making sure the OMGDK is selected in scene tab, and the surfaces tab before applying the IDG Iray Essentials. 

Sledgehammer  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 8:12:44 PM(UTC)
Sledgehammer

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Well, most of the surfaces mats will work cause they look for the surface "Genitalia", and that's it. But some very rare Mats will check the name of the genitalia figure, so they will ork only in Daz Genitalia. You could try, if you have it, load OMGDK and Daz Genitalia at the same time, and copy the genitalia surface from Daz Genitalia to OMGDK Genitalia surface, then do a new MAT pose fro OMGDK so you can use it some other time

Olpabin  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 9:14:58 PM(UTC)
Olpabin

Originally Posted by: Sledgehammer Go to Quoted Post

Well, most of the surfaces mats will work cause they look for the surface "Genitalia", and that's it. But some very rare Mats will check the name of the genitalia figure, so they will ork only in Daz Genitalia. You could try, if you have it, load OMGDK and Daz Genitalia at the same time, and copy the genitalia surface from Daz Genitalia to OMGDK Genitalia surface, then do a new MAT pose fro OMGDK so you can use it some other time

I don't have the Daz Genitalia and I can't seem to find it in the Daz Store. Was it a limited time thing they sold at the start of Genesis 8 or does it go by some special name?

Sledgehammer  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 9:18:18 PM(UTC)
Sledgehammer

It doesn't come as individual product, it comes only in Michael8 profesional bundle or others profesional bundles.

:(

Olpabin  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 1:55:51 AM(UTC)
Olpabin

Originally Posted by: Sledgehammer Go to Quoted Post

It doesn't come as individual product, it comes only in Michael8 profesional bundle or others profesional bundles.

:(

Nuts. Well I'll just wait for them to have a deep discount on one of the male pro bundles and save up for that.

Until then I'll just let Victoria have fun with the many monster men I have:)

Thank you so much for taking the time to help.

Olpabin  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2020 4:30:20 AM(UTC)
Olpabin

Hello,

So Daz3D just this morning launched a special on some pro bundles for the males and I have PC membership. So I picked up the Elios pro bundle since i don't have anything from that character.

So I applied the IDG genital texture to the Daz3D genitals and it worked fine. After that I followed Sledghammer's advice and copy the selected surfaces from the Daz3D genitals to the OMGDK. It didn't work at first. What I had to do was I apply a regular genital texture to the OMGDK in order to make it have an Iray material base and then I copied the selected surfaces from the Daz3D genitals.

1. Load Daz3D genitals.
  2. Apply IDG materials.
  3. Load OMGDK.
  4. Apply regular gen material to OMGDK.
  5. Then copy selected surfaces from Daz3D genitals to OMGDK.

Ta da. Now the IDG materials are on the OMGDK.

Sledgehammer  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2020 6:21:24 PM(UTC)
Sledgehammer

Well, remember that's why latest OMGDK version has an Iray and 3Dlight base figure

Glad to hear you made it work