2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pobble  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2021 10:00:54 PM(UTC)
pobble

Sorry to change the topic a little. I have a problem that involves the easy unlocker (I think!). I make my own expressions, and save them with tweaks I make to the upper and lower face rigs (this is g8F). I realize now that I saved some after using the easy unlocker script and the expressions look wrong for characters who haven't had that applied. But also vice versa (saved without but the figure has had the easy unlocker applied), so I'm wondering if there is a way to easily relock the facial features. It's a pain to reload a fresh g8F for this purpose. I tried looking through the script but I'm baffled. I think the mystery is how the morph dials and rig settings interact. Any thoughts on what I should do?
Thunder-3D  
#22 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2021 12:29:05 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 159 post(s)

Originally Posted by: pobble Go to Quoted Post
Sorry to change the topic a little. I have a problem that involves the easy unlocker (I think!). I make my own expressions, and save them with tweaks I make to the upper and lower face rigs (this is g8F). I realize now that I saved some after using the easy unlocker script and the expressions look wrong for characters who haven't had that applied. But also vice versa (saved without but the figure has had the easy unlocker applied), so I'm wondering if there is a way to easily relock the facial features. It's a pain to reload a fresh g8F for this purpose. I tried looking through the script but I'm baffled. I think the mystery is how the morph dials and rig settings interact. Any thoughts on what I should do?

The utilities folder in expressions 4 and 5 added a utility script called "Mega Zero", this is a script provided by Meipe that basically runs through all the bones in the face rig and attempts to reset them to default, effectively re-locking them.

Please let me know if this doesn't work for you and I'll have a deeper look at it :)

Also just want to give a heads-up, I'm about to begin releasing new G8.1 expressions, and the new face rig means the expressions no longer have to break bones to get the same extreme effects. More details coming soon :)

pobble  
#23 Posted : Sunday, August 1, 2021 6:09:45 PM(UTC)
pobble

Thanks. I think the expression file that is giving me trouble is just messed up. The others seem to work ok. Look forward to improved expressions in the future. G8F is better than G3F, but still a long ways to go!