Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mrvoll  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2020 3:31:21 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)

I've started having a problem when trying to use the expansion pack with newer models. 3feetwolf isn't responding to any form of communication I've tried.

What happens is that on only some of the newer, more realistic models, Daz starts the process to render, but nothing is produced and the progress window doesn't move beyond "rendering..." and all of Daz is frozen. It doesn't try to choose CPU or my GPU - it doesn't get that far. If I remove the expansion pack gens the model renders fine. Same is true if  try the original 3feetwolf gens - they work fine. It's only freezing up on the expansion pack version.

Does anybody have a clue as to what is happening here? I can't see how this product could do this. I don't know where to start.

Thanks,
Jon

mrvoll  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2020 3:36:51 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)

So I just discovered another detail to this...

If the preview window is set to iray it renders fine. It's just when I press the render button and try to make a full render that it's freezing up...

Jon

BlankMann  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2020 6:48:56 PM(UTC)
BlankMann

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I had this problem too with the Expansion Pack. PM'd 3feetwolf 5 months ago, never heard back. So since it broke rendering I gave up and removed it.

Bought his HD Nipples a few days ago, had the same problem, renders hang. Figured out a work around though not ideal.

Expansion Pack problem was when using Monique HD and had generated the maps for her. HD Nipples problem was when using Olympia HD and had generated the maps for her.

So I decided to try generating the maps for Olympia, not Olympia HD. I was then able to render. So installed the Expansion Pack again and both the Expansion Pack and HD Nipples when generated and applied for/to Olympia render.

If you start with the base character like Olympia and generate the Expansion Pack maps and the HD Nipples maps you can then add them too the base character. Then you can then go to:
Parameters -> Olympia -> Actor -> Full Body -> People -> Real World 
and move the Olympia 8 Body HD Details slider to 100% and it will render.

But, if you load the HD character like Olympia HD and add the Expansion Pack and HD Nipples generated for Olympia rendering will hang.

So the problem seems to involve HD characters, my guess is some kind of maps issue.

thanks 1 user thanked BlankMann for this useful post.
mrvoll on 1/31/2020(UTC)