Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Centaurus_gr  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2019 4:57:59 AM(UTC)
Centaurus_gr

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Davo, I like all of your devious creations and I’m excited that, through your cooperation with Freeone, you make them available for DAZ and it’s figures.

What puts me in a dilemma, though, is which figure to choose to stick with, G3 or G8? You initially started supporting G3, then G3 AND G8 (through separate pose packs) and now support for G3 has been dropped. I don’t have any issues with that, I’ll’ gladly use G8 with you contraptions, but this leaves a lot of you products (those which were made for G3) unusable (especially the props, which cannot be converted easily). I’d like to be able to purchase everything from your DAZ offerings and be able to use it all on a figure, do some kitbashing if you will.

If I may, I’d like to suggest that you and Freeone release a new “Legacy G8” version of old “Legacy G3” products, just like we’ve got with Legacy gags (a G8 and a G3 version). Or Freeone can release pose packs as he has done already. Once all these products are up to G8, no more work to do and all new products would come out for G8. The G8 will apparently stick around for a long time, according to what I read.

So, here, that’s my wish from Santa-Davo. That I’ll be finally able to decide what to buy!
davo  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2019 2:15:39 PM(UTC)
davo

Was thanked: 279 time(s) in 165 post(s)
Hi Centaurus,
Thanks for the kind words on my products!
I think the g8f standard with new products only came out with my last release, all prior to that it was g3f then g8f pose packs as addons. I "think" freeone is planning g3f pose packs as addons, but I might be wrong. I know hes busy with school, so his time comes at a premium. The transition is painful thought, from figure to figure. It was a big decision to go from g3 to g8, we get pulling from both sides. Bear in mind that most of my models are symmetrical mirroring, so tweaking and posing only needs to be done on one half, then mirrored, both for my contraptions and g8 or g3.
Cheers,
Davo
Centaurus_gr  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 12:35:37 AM(UTC)
Centaurus_gr

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks for your reply, Davo. I’ll wait a bit for those G3F pose packs. In that case, it’ll be the G3 figure which will be compatible with most of your products.