Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jimbojones  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2019 4:40:08 PM(UTC)
jimbojones

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

I am fairly a newb still after using Daz for about a year or so. Wondering if someone can tell me the steps how to lock into place when I merge  Cock O Rama  onto  Cassius or Daz Dog or other figures ? So when i move around Cassius in the scene the cock o rama will stay in place with the figure.  Usually I merge it and use translate tools to place the prop onto cassius or daz dog but painfully have to use X, Y and rotate to realign it on the figure every time I move the character in the scene or change poses which is very time consuming. Am i missing something ?  Can I lock it onto the character?  I am not using the genital core with G8F, just the cock o rama prop itself onto Daz Dog. Thx..

BrotherHades  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2019 8:16:48 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

I would say as you are using a prop item and not the core, it would probably be easiest to parent the prop to the figure (Probably parent to hip in this case) after moving into starting position. Then it should stay with the figure as poses are applied (You might have to make minor adjustments after posing, but it should follow the figure pretty well)

Parenting can be done one of two ways

1) in scene tab drag the prop to the part of the body you want it parented to ie the dog's hip.

2)Select prop item in scene tab and right click on it, choose change parent. This should pull up a selection box, choose dog and open the tree till you see hip and select it. Press OK 

Both methods should work to parent the prop to the hip, while it will not follow as well as if it was fit to or conformed to the figure it still should follow pretty well. Conforming items have to be rigged to match the figure they are conforming to, parenting can be done with any figure regardless of the way it is rigged.

jimbojones  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2019 5:35:33 PM(UTC)
jimbojones

Thanks for taking the time to explain. I will try to parent it to the hip, even if it can follow the figure closely may be a time saver.

BrotherHades  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2019 10:55:00 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

You're welcome.

Keep in mind that you will usually be parenting to the closest logical body part to where you want the prop to follow. So for knives, guns and swords it will be the hand, for wings it will usually be the chest, and most prop cocks, dildoes or the like it would likely be the hip of the figure.

Though you can also parent to parts of a parented prop (good practice to add flowers or barrettes parented to the hair rather then the main figures head)  or even a geo graft as well.

Another neat trick with parenting, if you have a scene with a lot of small props and want to move them all or a large portion of them. Create a null and parent everything you want moved under the null. Then all you have to do is move the null to move all the little props and stuff.

jimbojones  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2019 11:56:39 AM(UTC)
jimbojones

Thanks for the extra info. Amazing how in depth this program is, especially if you install a new specific vendor software add on that has their own ways of doing things and specific steps such as lighting, skin effects, morph programs, etc.
jimbojones  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2019 6:10:32 PM(UTC)
jimbojones

Wanted to say I tried your steps you said and work greatly! No more havering to repose an add on prop , every time i move the main figure. Thank you..!