Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Curious72  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 4, 2019 12:14:47 PM(UTC)
Curious72

Okay, I create a new character and add the NewGen for G8F with the Expansion Pack.  The expansion Pack adds a NEW surface are for the genitals that covers the genetals, hips, lower belly, and upper thighs.  I I delete the NewGen, that surface STAYS!  There is NO WAY to get rid of it.  I've tried deleting it, retexturing it, even loading a character preset on top of it.  It will NOT go away and messes up all character textures.  Short of starting my character from scratch, how in the hell do I get rid of the new surface so I can texture the model normally???

SurPatFok  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 7:11:26 AM(UTC)
SurPatFok

Yes, i have absolutely the same problem.

But i have second problem. Expansion messes at least half of other UV's. (i'm saying not about Torso-Legs)
Before applying Expansion, if i click on Arms surface, for example, in UV channel there was Arms UV's, on Toenails surface there was Toenails UV's, etc.
After applying Expansion when i click on Arms surface, in UV channel i see Jaw, on Pupils surface i see Arms UV's, etc.

WTF!?

We really need at least 2 serious fixes for Expansion.
justintime  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 8:43:01 PM(UTC)
justintime

Originally Posted by: Curious72 Go to Quoted Post

Okay, I create a new character and add the NewGen for G8F with the Expansion Pack.  The expansion Pack adds a NEW surface are for the genitals that covers the genetals, hips, lower belly, and upper thighs.  I I delete the NewGen, that surface STAYS!  There is NO WAY to get rid of it.  I've tried deleting it, retexturing it, even loading a character preset on top of it.  It will NOT go away and messes up all character textures.  Short of starting my character from scratch, how in the hell do I get rid of the new surface so I can texture the model normally???

Well it's annoying, but you can go into the Geometry Editor to reassign the Genital surface polygons to the correct other surfaces (i.e. Legs and Torso).  Then you can delete the Genital surface.

justintime  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 8:45:44 PM(UTC)
justintime

Yep, there is a serious flaw with the expansion.

When you look at the UV for the new Genital surface that gets created, it doesn't match the textures being created at all. The UV includes the Torso and Legs pieces, but the texture generator only creates the front Torso piece...in the wrong location.

The generator needs to pull in pieces from the Legs and Torso (for the back of the torso) textures, but it doesn't.

Edited by user Sunday, August 11, 2019 8:48:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added a littel more inforemation

#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:54:02 AM(UTC)

I am also having this issue. I wouldn't be so annoyed had it just messed up the figure I was working on. Now I can't load G8F because it has this weird UV covers the stomach down to the legs. This is on loading, not just a new character, but the G8F model in general.