Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
makaab  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2019 1:44:20 PM(UTC)
makaab

hi , i am having such a troublesome time here.
Ive pasted a conversation i had to explain my problem a d maybe pre answer some questions.

This is driving me crazy.

Ive uninstalled daz, DIM, APP roaming data, and others in APP data.

then reinstalled everything with only a few basic things that are in my DIM.

did i miss a setting when i deleted everything for the clean reinstall? this is just victoria with new gens on her. nothing more

also when i restarted after reinstalling, daz still remembered not to show the popup for tutorial page. so i missed something somewhere that is still remembering things that is screwing up my DAZ

Im sorry ahead of time if Im not supposed to ask this here.

I just didnt know where to go after googling forever and discord communities not knowing .

Also, the reason I uninstalled and reinstalled, is the problem Im still having, which is in the picture attached

is it maybe visible if you set the viewport mode to smooth shading so it doesn't show the textures?

Ive changed the viewport to that as well as iray. If i remove the color layer from the gens its normal skin color but no detail. Do you know if im forgetting settings somewhere when I uninstall?

I thought if i just removed it from my pc and started fresh itd go away but daz still remember my settings so theres something i didnt delete

Ive googled black geoshells but to no avail

Which Victoria? and Which Gens?

So basically the problem is that there's no texture applied ?

Vic 8 a d new gens(3rd party)(but it acts the same with golden palace) At first the area was just a bit darker, but over a few days its just gradually gone black. If I hide the color layer its fine, just has no detail and stays skin color. But this happens on every single figure

It actually started out just a bit off color. My main concern is that im now running bate bones on a new install a d its staying the same. Daz even remembered my choice not to have the tutorial popup at startup. So theres something im missing in my system somewhere and its not app data or documents. Im not even sure if registry has anything to do with it.

Also it looks just fine in texture shaded view
makaab attached the following image(s):
Capture.PNG
cheesymaid  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2019 2:33:15 PM(UTC)
cheesymaid

Was thanked: 219 time(s) in 183 post(s)

This is only in the Viewport? Or also after Render time?

What is your Viewport normally set to? (Mine is almost always Texture Shaded.)

I wonder what the shell settings are. If you applied the Shell (Turn the Shell visibility On) to another body area, like the Torso, does it do the same thing?

Can you make sure that Daz isn't using any products that can interfere with your Shells? Like, rename any Daz content folder that wasn't created by Daz. Even if you've uninstalled the main Daz program, you could be loading in products from another store that have corrupted your Geoshells.

makaab  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2019 2:41:46 PM(UTC)
makaab

The small window is iray, the big one os texture shaded. Its fine in texture shaded. Only screwy in renders.

I dont know how to turn the new gen shell on to another body part. But i do know it does this with other gens like golden palace.
makaab  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2019 2:43:29 PM(UTC)
makaab

Also, when i hide the color layer of new gens, it looks just like skin but is not detailed. In otherwords, it looks like the color layer is causing the issue
cheesymaid  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2019 3:09:15 PM(UTC)
cheesymaid

Was thanked: 219 time(s) in 183 post(s)

Without sitting at your computer, it's not simple to diagnose this.

Understanding how these products work is important. The color layer provides the color. Without that, there's no texture for the product. So turning off the color layer shell isn't a solution. Clearly, that layer is broken.

You say it also affects Golden Palace, which also uses a Geoshell to provide a full texture map on the Diffuse channel (not just a glossy layer like the wetness ehell). This is why I think you have something installed that has corrupted your Geoshells.

This has nothing to do with Golden Palace or New Gens because I have both of these products and I do not get the same result.

What did you buy and install recently that uses Geoshells? I think that's your issue.

If you select the Shell, and you  go to the Parameters tab to see what is turned Off or On in the Shell area, turn on the Torso or some other body part and see if it does the same.

BrimstoneOmega  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 7:00:40 AM(UTC)
BrimstoneOmega

Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Hmm... looks an awful lot like the issus that EloCom7 is having with Dicktator ( http://www.renderotica.c...&t=225794#post440665 )
I've never had this issue myself, but it looks like the shell is not being transparent for some reason. I know when you're doing some of the makeups and such that you can end up with a black face, where you'll need to adjust a setting, can't think of it off hand, but it could be something along those lines. I'll edit this if I find that, but it's likely something altogether different, just throwing out ideas
rcgames  
#7 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2020 12:17:31 PM(UTC)
rcgames

Any progress on this issue? I am running into the exact same problem in Daz with applying the New Genitals to Victoria 8 and Genesis 8 Female in general.

I've noticed it only happens if/when I apply the base MAT to Genesis 8 and Victoria 8. If I leave the models as they are without applying the MAT, then the vagina turns out okay - but then obviously the entire model looks worse.