Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
matt  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 12:48:55 AM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 315 time(s) in 212 post(s)

I don't like to crosspost but I'm putting this topic in both 3feetwolf's and Meipe's subforum since Xameva doesn't seem to have one of their own, and Meipe works closely with Xameva. The pubic hair that 3feetwolf created for NGV7 is my go-to product if I need pubes for my ladies, which I often don't, or use as a little triangle that doesn't extend down the labia. But I got an idea for a character based on a hot hippy girl that wandered into my work the other day. I get a lot of inspiration for my characters from real life interactions, but enough about that. I decided to create a character with natural pubes. So upon doing so, I ran into an issue that I have not seen and did not expect.

The NGV7 pubic hair follows the morphs that come with NGV7, as well as the morphs from ZeVo's Xpansion pack just fine. I open holes, it follows. But the Monster Gape morphs from this product: http://www.renderotica.com/store/cat/6563_checkQS/sku/56033_Dickgirl-Fantasies-V7-Poses-First-Taste, NOPE. The pubes stay put. They don't follow the labia at all. I've put two images below to illustrate the problem. I'm sure this is just a data file issue and I'm hoping that their is a simple resolution for it. The pubic hair does not seem to acknowledge these morphs.

EDIT: Apparently I can't post a topic with the same title to multiple subforums. So I'll message Meipe dirrectly with a link.

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 12:52:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

matt attached the following image(s):
pubes2.png
pubes3.png
Meipe  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 1:47:56 AM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1234 time(s) in 614 post(s)
thanks 1 user thanked Meipe for this useful post.
matt on 6/9/2019(UTC)
matt  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 11:37:02 AM(UTC)
matt

Originally Posted by: Meipe Go to Quoted Post
Ok, I'll try to contact Xameva

Thank you.

SnarltheWerewolf  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 12:37:39 PM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

Was thanked: 122 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Sounds like the morphs didn't carry over to the hair prop. You should try checking "show hidden properties" and then check to see if those monster gape morphs appear. If you do see them, try dialing them to see if they actually move the the hair prop at all.
matt  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 1:23:46 PM(UTC)
matt

Originally Posted by: SnarltheWerewolf Go to Quoted Post
Sounds like the morphs didn't carry over to the hair prop. You should try checking "show hidden properties" and then check to see if those monster gape morphs appear. If you do see them, try dialing them to see if they actually move the the hair prop at all.

I just went in and looked at that, and while the monster gape morphs are NOT listed under hidden properties, neither are any of the gens open/close morphs from either the base gens or ZeVo's Xpansion pack, and those all work just fine. Strange...thanks for the tip, though!

Meipe  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 1:40:09 AM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1234 time(s) in 614 post(s)
Hmm, Xameva doesn't know what's going on. It is very weird as, as Snarl said, for any dialed morph DS checks if there is a matching one on the follower, and if there isn't, creates a hidden one for you. Maybe the pubic hair isn't parented to the graft but to G8F?
matt  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 2:31:24 AM(UTC)
matt

Originally Posted by: Meipe Go to Quoted Post
Hmm, Xameva doesn't know what's going on. It is very weird as, as Snarl said, for any dialed morph DS checks if there is a matching one on the follower, and if there isn't, creates a hidden one for you. Maybe the pubic hair isn't parented to the graft but to G8F?

I'm actually using G3F, but same thing, really. The hair will not even load if you have the main character selected. You have to have the gens selected to get it to load. I've tried it on multiple characters, and with the same result. The hair is not seeing the gape morphs, even though it sees all of the other morphs. It's strange, for sure.

SnarltheWerewolf  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 7:26:01 AM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

Matt, I had a thought...

Try selecting the hair prop (top node), and then choose under "tool settings" the weight map brush. Check to see if it has a rigidity map. And if it does, check to see how red it is, especially the area where the hair isn't moving is.

That was a big issue with TAB and it not following the body moving and adding in morphs that affected figure size/shape. The first image you posted shows a lot of hair over the actual opening of the vagina and I'm wondering if maybe it wasn't meant to move much when you opened the vagina.

Can you attach an image of what the hair looks like if you just open the vagina to its normal max open? Does the hair almost around the anus when you open it?

Sorry I can't offer more help, but I have none of these products, so just trying to think of usual pitfalls that it could be
matt  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 9:10:53 AM(UTC)
matt

Matt, I had a thought...

Try selecting the hair prop (top node), and then choose under "tool settings" the weight map brush. Check to see if it has a rigidity map. And if it does, check to see how red it is, especially the area where the hair isn't moving is.

That was a big issue with TAB and it not following the body moving and adding in morphs that affected figure size/shape. The first image you posted shows a lot of hair over the actual opening of the vagina and I'm wondering if maybe it wasn't meant to move much when you opened the vagina.

Can you attach an image of what the hair looks like if you just open the vagina to its normal max open? Does the hair almost around the anus when you open it?

Sorry I can't offer more help, but I have none of these products, so just trying to think of usual pitfalls that it could be

I'll take a look at that tonight.

matt  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 7:20:27 PM(UTC)
matt

OK, so I found the weight map brush, took a bit of searching, lol.  I've never used it. It does not appear that the hair has a rigidity map at all, at least none that I could see. So step two was making a couple of renders using both the default base open morphs for the vag and anus, and I also did one using ZeVo's Xpansion morphs. In both cases, the hair followed the morphs just fine. First image is default, second one is Zevo's. So, it appears that the hair is intended to open with the genitals, but for some reason it simply does not see the monster gape morphs. I checked the hidden properties again to make sure I didn't miss anything, and even THESE morphs are not represented in the list, but they do work with the hair as intended.

matt attached the following image(s):
pubes4.png
pubes5.png
SnarltheWerewolf  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 9:54:43 PM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

Alright, cross off that one. It's definitely being affected by the morphs being dialed in to the gens.

Just to confirm, the hair prop is "fit to" to the gens and not g3f, right?

The only other thing I can think of to check, Matt, is to again click to display hidden properties and then do an actual search in the parameters pane for the gape morph but also the general morphs for opening the vagina and see if it's listed under MCM's or actor's a different folder (they're not always listed under "Hidden").

I would also (with hidden properties being displayed), set the gens to 0, select the hair prop and then go to "currently used" and see what is currently active. Then dial in both the regular opening and the gape opening (individually) and see what parameters have changed. That should clearly show you any additional morphs that are being triggered.
matt  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 7:19:10 PM(UTC)
matt

Alright, cross off that one. It's definitely being affected by the morphs being dialed in to the gens.

Just to confirm, the hair prop is "fit to" to the gens and not g3f, right?

The only other thing I can think of to check, Matt, is to again click to display hidden properties and then do an actual search in the parameters pane for the gape morph but also the general morphs for opening the vagina and see if it's listed under MCM's or actor's a different folder (they're not always listed under "Hidden").

I would also (with hidden properties being displayed), set the gens to 0, select the hair prop and then go to "currently used" and see what is currently active. Then dial in both the regular opening and the gape opening (individually) and see what parameters have changed. That should clearly show you any additional morphs that are being triggered.

It's definitely parented to the gens, in fact if you have anything else selected when you try to load the hair it just gives a 'wrong object' error. 

I did what you suggested, and went through every tab and dropdown in the parameters tab for the hair, with 'show hidden' activated, and there are no morphs at all for the gape loaded to the hair, not even the open morphs that work are listed. Dialing in the open morph doesn't seem to change any of the hidden properties on the hair, nor does the monster gape. They all seem to be about general body shaping morphs, not gens open/close. 

In any case, I appreciate you taking the time to offer advise. For now, my work-around will be to use the standard open morph along with ZeVo's morphs; I can get the same kind of effect with that. I'm hoping that 3feetwolf or Xameva can look into it.

SnarltheWerewolf  
#13 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:13:59 AM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

No worries. Sorry I couldn't be of more help :-/

I'm curious to know what's causing it. The very last thing I thought of (and it would be a stretch, but could technically cause it), there might be project morphs that are included as part of the base gens that affectively "push out" and effect items conformed to them (normally this would be clothes). It would be a stretch, but I think if you've been doing this long enough, there's always these type of weird situations.

Good luck.
thanks 1 user thanked SnarltheWerewolf for this useful post.
matt on 6/13/2019(UTC)