Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dark-Rider  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 3:20:52 AM(UTC)
Dark-Rider

Hi,

(Hope this in in the right place!  Apologies if it isn't.)  About three years ago, I tried installing a free version of DAZ in the hope of getting started on making 3D erotic images.  I had a lot of trouble and finally gave up.  (Some files wouldn't install and, even when they did, nothing seemed to work for me.)

I'd like to try again but will admit to being rubbish when it comes to anything 'technical'.  Do you have any advice for someone who is willing to learn but will probably make more mistakes than the average artist?  Is there any particular program that you think will be easier to start out on?

I would like to become good at this. (I like a challenge! :) )  But I'm sure it will be difficult for me.

I write (and publish) lots of erotic books on Amazon Kindle/Smashwords.  My favourite genre is femdom facesitting/smother and I would love to recreate some of my storylines as 3D images.  (Not necessarily animated, though that would be cool if I could manage it.  At this stage I'm thinking of images.)

I'm not sure whether to go back to DAZ, or whether something else might be better/easier for me at this stage.

Thanks for any help/advice you can give me.

DR

Edited by user Saturday, April 27, 2019 3:25:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Zaavaleta  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 4:02:42 AM(UTC)
Zaavaleta

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 63 post(s)

Hi and welcome. Daz Studio is about the easiest program you'll find. Some might consider Poser to be more user friendly, but I think Daz Studio is a more powerful program. If you're looking for tutorials, I'd recommend the Daz3d channel on Youtube www.youtube.com/user/WWWDAZ3DCOM/videos, specifically the Daz101 videos. They're a bit dated, the author is using an older version of DS, but the info is good.

thanks 1 user thanked Zaavaleta for this useful post.
Dark-Rider on 4/27/2019(UTC)
Dark-Rider  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 11:36:54 AM(UTC)
Dark-Rider

Hi, and thank you for replying. I feel rather lost just now but will look at the video link on Youtube. I'm in the process of downloading the free DAZ software. I don't want to buy stuff until I know I can use it properly. I'm guessing I won't be able to put together any erotic images with the free stuff but if I can learn to put something together hopefully it will give me an idea of whether I can create anything more interesting. But I'm guessing it will take quite a bit of time to master even the simple stuff.

Thanks again.
Zaavaleta  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 6:38:43 PM(UTC)
Zaavaleta

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 63 post(s)

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't bother buying anything this early. Just have fun learning the software and playing with the nude people :D. I know everyone loves to focus on the crotch shot, but you can make erotic scenes without showing the genitalia. No point spending money if you're not sure you'll like the program. If you have any questions, just ask.

fat1259  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 11:23:19 PM(UTC)
fat1259

Thanks for your share!