Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mrduck  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 8, 2018 8:14:20 AM(UTC)
Mrduck

What happened to them they are not in store anymore

Neocene  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2018 2:17:03 PM(UTC)
Neocene

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Don't know. They could have pulled them for the store for retesting or moving to another place to sell them.
"No matter where you go, there you are"
simontemplar  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2018 8:37:30 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I don't think we'll ever get a straight answer on this one.
Draxin  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 2:56:11 PM(UTC)
Draxin

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I was wondering the same thing. I'm guessing that maybe Thunder-3D and/or Layla had a beef with each other or something, dunno. It did seem to me that the both pose sets were in direct competition with each other and had many similarities, but both sets had their own merits. Maybe the Director's Cut Sets weren't selling. It's shame really, for whatever reason they were pulled, I was saving up to snag a few of them.

Mrduck  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2018 4:13:03 PM(UTC)
Mrduck

Draxin I had the same thought about the competition between Thunder3-D
Cyanide  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 4:46:52 PM(UTC)
Cyanide

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)

It stinks when vendors beef about things. I don't know what happened in this situation, but when vendors suddenly bail, the reason is usually pretty valid. No one likes to walk away from making a little extra cash.

Poses can be hard for vendors. It's the most competitive aspect of creating content. Look at all the pose sets out there, not just the sex poses, but over all going back to the generation 3 meshes ( that's where I started making renders ), they all look the same, but from different vendors. There's only so many poses that can be created. How many pin-up poses does one need? How many sex poses does one need? I would like to see the Kama Sutra pose sets recreated for genesis 3 & 8 male and females. Those stood out. They were far from the everyday sex pose sets.

Draxin  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2018 12:12:34 PM(UTC)
Draxin

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Dunno that Layla bailed or that there was any beef. They still have items in the store. It's just that all the Director's Cut pose sets went POOF one day, all their other pose sets and items are still up.

Yeah I get that poses can be difficult and your gonna get poses that are similar, especially if the poses follow the same theme. As I said in an earlier post both the Inspiration sets by Thunder-3D and Director's Cut by Layla have/had their merits. From what I remember though there was enough dissimilarity in the sets to make them unique. As you said, Cyanide, there's only so many poses you can make. I'm gonna add especially following the same theme.

Dunno, personally I like having options, even if they follow the same theme. It's all about the perspective of the artist, If one pose set has a pose that closely matches what I'm looking for, and another set following the same theme has a pose similar to it, but would require less tweaking and there is always some tweaking that needs to be done, guess which set I'm going to snatch up. I may snag both sets if I have the money.

Anyway, for whatever reason, the Director's Cut pose sets were yanked. It's a shame cause I liked them and Inspiration sets. I had planned on picking up both sets as funding allowed. Options, it's all about options and having them.