Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Floor13  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2018 3:09:55 PM(UTC)
Floor13

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 49 post(s)

You've been abducted, and you wake up strapped to a gurney, being wheeled through a hospital/medical facility. You enter a room, there is a chair/gyno-chair that you are about to be strapped to.

Which is more frightening to you, and why?

a) The facility is run-down/abandoned mental hospital, cracked tiles, peeling paint, dripping water, bad lighting.

or

b) Shiny clean new medical facility with gleaming white surfaces, and polished reflective metal gyno-chair?

In my youth, it was always a).  But these days, I'm more b)

My CGBytes Store: Use Me
My Renderotique Store: Read Me
My NSFW Renderotica Gallery WARNING!: Obey Me
Facebook for previews: Facials
Twitter for X-Rated previews: Tweet This!
Tumblr: Tumble in the jungle NSFW
shadoman  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2018 6:19:11 PM(UTC)
shadoman

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 65 post(s)

Option A suggests an air of Gothic Horror.    straightjackets, stuff and what not

Option B suggest something more close to normal or even sci-fi but based on the story can also be Horror related, Just in a more cleaner enviroment

Regards  Shado

Who knows what lurks in the hearts of perverted artist....
The Shado Knows
smanimation  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2018 11:06:24 PM(UTC)
smanimation

Originally Posted by: Floor13 Go to Quoted Post
a) The facility is run-down/abandoned mental hospital, cracked tiles, peeling paint, dripping water, bad lighting.

or

b) Shiny clean new medical facility with gleaming white surfaces, and polished reflective metal gyno-chair?

My thoughts with A would be it was some friends and we were going to have some fun games.

With B ..... nothing good happens in a hospital, waking up being wheeled don a hall means really bad...

Guttersnipe  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 2:55:26 AM(UTC)
Guttersnipe

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 49 post(s)

Okay – I've been abducted and am being wheeled on a gurney down a corridor and my choice is grime or spic and span...

Whatever is about to befall me, fair of foul, I don't want to come away with an infection or sloppy stitches, so I'd prefer the sterile option "B". Plus there's a better chance that the vending machine in the lobby will be working.

So "A" would be more frightening/less desirable situation for me.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 6, 2018 2:59:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Got "A" and "B" mixed up!

ProtocolZero  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 8:37:31 AM(UTC)
ProtocolZero

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
That's kind of like asking would you rather be dropped into a meat grinder set on slow or high speed -- neither scenario is likely to end well for you.
birdlikefellow  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2018 10:06:47 AM(UTC)
birdlikefellow

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)

The run-down abandoned place is the worst. At least in the shiny hospital they're putting some care and effort into whatever they're doing.

Dareshiranu  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 4:11:14 PM(UTC)
Dareshiranu

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The dark, dank and abandoned hospital only has people presumably dedicated to what is going on. The bright and shiny hospital is more likely to contain regular employees who either don't know what is going on or have varying levels of dedication to the effort. So there are likely going to be more opportunities for escape due to the incompetence of some of your captors in B. The reason B is shiny is because they have to put up a front of normalcy and respectability, usually with inspections from various governmental organizations. Any bureaucracy tends to have some level of incompetence somewhere and that can only be an advantage compared to a smaller group of wacos dedicated to who knows what.