2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Erogenesis  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 2, 2017 9:09:23 AM(UTC)
Erogenesis

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 75 post(s)

Hello folks!

First off, my apologies for dropping the ball on TaB. After the last DS update for TaB I really needed to focus on a more urgent problem. My figure project for Poser needed to get completed a.s.a.p as I had been promising this for years. It was a lot of work and needed to catch up on so much more after the drama I underwent in Malawi.

Good news is that Project Evolution (as she is called) is nearly done (hoping for Xmas release), the beta testing is very positive, and once she's out I will have more time for making addons for PE and TaB. Also I will integrate TaB directly into Evolution Dickgirl version as well as prospects of a dude. For now its all Poser though, the DS version is unsure. 

But for TaB itself, someone has offered to make a geografted version of TaB and I think I might go for it, provided they also do the helpdesk, because as you might have noticed, I'm pretty helpless in DAZ studio. Unfortunately the guy that offered suffered a major personal setback, so I'll have to see if he's still up for it. Like I mentioned before I do already have lots of new morphs lined up, but could not release them yet because they also need materials to go with them.

Thank you for your patience and lets look forward to a good 2018!

cheers

e

______
"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all"
thanks 1 user thanked Erogenesis for this useful post.
nptblu16 on 12/7/2017(UTC)
matt  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 2, 2017 9:59:59 AM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)

Looking forward to both!

deepandsilent3dx  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 9:54:06 AM(UTC)
deepandsilent3dx

Personally, I am very disappointed.

You've been promised so much about TAB. And then nothing comes, more than half a year.

With all due respect, I am now very skeptical about your statements about TAB, Erogenesis.
Erogenesis  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 10:32:11 AM(UTC)
Erogenesis

@deepandsilent3dx: I fully understand, I'm also a little disappointed in how things turned out. But it is how I explained it. I am doing my best to get back in the game.

PS: its also the reason I haven't been posting much on Rotica, I'm a little embarrassed. But PE really really need to get done.

______
"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all"
simontemplar  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 1:27:58 PM(UTC)
simontemplar

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Not meaning to be stingy or unpleasant here but seeing how Ero had to manage with:

1) working from a very troubled region in Africa with a less than sound electrical infrastructure
2) expatriate himself to UK and rebuild his life from the ground up
3) carry on the development of Project E (and wait to see that one, it's really something to behold)
4) develop TaB as we know it at the same time as he did PE
5) try and get some green blood running by all means necessary

I think there is no need to get on your high horses, deepandsilent3dx. Seriously, disappointed? I know that any 3d product can get improved
in many ways, refined, and fitted with upgrades and damn, don't we know how the crowd can be demanding. All it takes is taking a look at the
support threads that 3feetwolf, for example, maintains for his female genitalia products. It doesn't mean that creators should get a foot in their
face everytime they have to deliver as you please. You and I, what do we do? We pay for products? So? Are we facing a life-threatening situation
here if Tab doesn't get updated in a year? Most of the time, mind you, when a product isn't updated for such a time period, it doesn't get updated
*anymore* and yet, Ero here is willing to pick up the ball again on this. In the past, I have read some rather harsh comments in the forums about
that product, mostly from people who couldn't model a cube if their life depended on it. Ero is coming back from creating a female figure that will
be correct on all levels. He deserved the slack. TaB is very useable as it is right now. I use it all the time and rarely use anything else for a G3M
cock anymore ever since I got that one. Oh sure, it isn't a geograft yet and Blender knows how much I'd love to see it become one but hey, I come
from Poser originally and there was never a geograft in there. It's doable. It takes a bit of initiative, is all.
Be happy with the good news. We get enough bad ones these days I think. We waited, big deal. As far as I am concerened I lived, and so did you.
thanks 3 users thanked simontemplar for this useful post.
Erogenesis on 12/11/2017(UTC), DarkCowBoy on 12/12/2017(UTC), Psychopomp6519 on 12/13/2017(UTC)
tjawer  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 2:45:45 PM(UTC)
tjawer

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I just say wait and drink tea.
Or coffee.
Or what ever.

What deepandsilent3dx upset I do not understand.
If something takes a bit longer, so what. Do not care.

Ps .: my English is so miserable that I have written the text in German and hunted through the Google translator. So, whoever finds mistakes can keep them!

matt  
#7 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 3:02:01 PM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)

Originally Posted by: simontemplar Go to Quoted Post
Not meaning to be stingy or unpleasant here but seeing how Ero had to manage with:

1) working from a very troubled region in Africa with a less than sound electrical infrastructure
2) expatriate himself to UK and rebuild his life from the ground up
3) carry on the development of Project E (and wait to see that one, it's really something to behold)
4) develop TaB as we know it at the same time as he did PE
5) try and get some green blood running by all means necessary

I think there is no need to get on your high horses, deepandsilent3dx. Seriously, disappointed? I know that any 3d product can get improved
in many ways, refined, and fitted with upgrades and damn, don't we know how the crowd can be demanding. All it takes is taking a look at the
support threads that 3feetwolf, for example, maintains for his female genitalia products. It doesn't mean that creators should get a foot in their
face everytime they have to deliver as you please. You and I, what do we do? We pay for products? So? Are we facing a life-threatening situation
here if Tab doesn't get updated in a year? Most of the time, mind you, when a product isn't updated for such a time period, it doesn't get updated
*anymore* and yet, Ero here is willing to pick up the ball again on this. In the past, I have read some rather harsh comments in the forums about
that product, mostly from people who couldn't model a cube if their life depended on it. Ero is coming back from creating a female figure that will
be correct on all levels. He deserved the slack. TaB is very useable as it is right now. I use it all the time and rarely use anything else for a G3M
cock anymore ever since I got that one. Oh sure, it isn't a geograft yet and Blender knows how much I'd love to see it become one but hey, I come
from Poser originally and there was never a geograft in there. It's doable. It takes a bit of initiative, is all.
Be happy with the good news. We get enough bad ones these days I think. We waited, big deal. As far as I am concerened I lived, and so did you.

This. 100% this. The last time I moved it was more than a month before I even touched Poser or Daz, and I moved across town, not halfway around the world. The fact that Ero did all that he did with TaB and PE while in the midst of a massive uprooting that most of will never experience says a lot. I say Bravo, sir.

thanks 1 user thanked matt for this useful post.
rrkknight3 on 12/11/2017(UTC)
kooroe  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 5, 2018 12:44:28 AM(UTC)
kooroe

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Project Evolution looks cool. Any plans down the line to bring her to daz studio?

mjw  
#9 Posted : Saturday, January 6, 2018 9:10:02 AM(UTC)
mjw

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 68 post(s)
Most impressive Erogenesis, but sadly I am not familiar enough with Poser to venture there yet. I love the idea of easy pose creation though.
2Astute  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 9:38:59 PM(UTC)
2Astute

By geografted version, are we talking for G8M & G8F? I would be all over that.
mjw  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2018 4:57:08 AM(UTC)
mjw

Erogenesis,
I have bought Tab and am struggling to match the textures between figures and Tab. Stupid, I know, but how do I copy the torso skin texture onto the Tab, please?
thedeadjester  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2018 2:58:46 PM(UTC)
thedeadjester

Hey Ero,

I know you are still working on Evo but any news on a Geo-Graph version of this or one that plays better with iRay? Did the person you were trying to get to help you with the geo-graph process pan out or is that on hold?

Thanks!

Guttersnipe  
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 18, 2018 2:10:32 AM(UTC)
Guttersnipe

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 49 post(s)

Originally Posted by: mjw Go to Quoted Post
Erogenesis,
I have bought Tab and am struggling to match the textures between figures and Tab. Stupid, I know, but how do I copy the torso skin texture onto the Tab, please?

Though not the answer you need, if you have the expansion pack there are about 56 G3M textures covering most figures available in Anatomy/Erogenesis/TAB/Materials/Iray/Expansion 1/Other Materials/G3M Update. There's an equivilent 3Delight folder too. Which figure are you trying to match?

mjw  
#14 Posted : Thursday, January 18, 2018 5:28:21 AM(UTC)
mjw

Computer playing me up (anyone know what to do when it sticks on the opening screen with the rotating ring of dots?) so I can't check, but I was actually trying it on a female figure at the time. Someone said something about 'copy the torso material' but I can't figure out how to do so.
Erogenesis  
#15 Posted : Thursday, January 18, 2018 11:38:24 AM(UTC)
Erogenesis

just a quick reply: I only heard through a rumor that the guy was working on the geografted version, but I just sent an email to confirm. If the answer is negative, I'll try find someone who will do it.
______
Erogenesis  
#16 Posted : Thursday, January 18, 2018 11:46:07 AM(UTC)
Erogenesis

ok update: and I say this carefully, but it looks like he's doing it!

I just hope he knows how crazy TaB is from the inside...!

______
choppski  
#17 Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2018 6:56:11 PM(UTC)
choppski

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Erogenesis,

What I do is add the regular gens (m6 or m7 anatomy) and then add the texture, then copy the surface settings from the m7 gens to Tab. That usually works well. I fyou don't have the m6 or m7 gens

Or, you can do the usual double clicking of the preset onto Tab, but for some reason only the glans shows up as changed. What I have found is that if you select all surfaces and the make sure the UV is selected as M4, M6, or M7 depending on the texture source, it shows up. FOr a long itme I thought the presets from vendors wouldn't work, but by default TAB goes to default UV with is for Ero's textures.

choppski  
#18 Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2018 6:57:03 PM(UTC)
choppski

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I personally don't care about geografted, though if it works that would be awesome. I would just love to have M8 UV capability.

mjw  
#19 Posted : Sunday, January 21, 2018 4:29:11 PM(UTC)
mjw

Originally Posted by: choppski Go to Quoted Post

Erogenesis,

What I do is add the regular gens (m6 or m7 anatomy) and then add the texture, then copy the surface settings from the m7 gens to Tab. That usually works well. I fyou don't have the m6 or m7 gens

Or, you can do the usual double clicking of the preset onto Tab, but for some reason only the glans shows up as changed. What I have found is that if you select all surfaces and the make sure the UV is selected as M4, M6, or M7 depending on the texture source, it shows up. FOr a long itme I thought the presets from vendors wouldn't work, but by default TAB goes to default UV with is for Ero's textures.

I've been messing with Daz for several years, but from time to time things just seem opaque. I don't think I have a clue what 'double clicking of the preset onto Tab' means (I generally go into surfaces and copy other surfaces from another figure that I like).

Thanks Choppski, though.

thedeadjester  
#20 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2018 1:14:48 AM(UTC)
thedeadjester

Originally Posted by: choppski Go to Quoted Post

I personally don't care about geografted, though if it works that would be awesome. I would just love to have M8 UV capability.

Having M8 UV capability would be great, it still doesn't handle the issue with renders in iray causing "discoloration" around the shield; which I believe is what the geograft would resolve. I don't want to have to fiddle with it for a while to, at best, midigate this issue and this is why the product has unfortunately gone unused in my library. I really like the product and hopefully the geographed version comes soon and with M8 support! I have fully switched over to iray for all of my renders and won't go back to 3Ddelight (personal preference) so this is a major issue for me, perhaps not a major issue for non-iray users. Thanks Ero for giving us this update!