Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
marciushess  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 27, 2017 8:44:20 PM(UTC)
marciushess

G8 FemGen is distorting the hips when posing the character. How to solve this? Another issue, I pose my characters and save the Scene, so I closed Daz Studio, restart it and open the scene (the couple image). I simply do nothing and this distortion happened.

Edited by user Sunday, August 27, 2017 10:09:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

marciushess attached the following image(s):
Ashampoo_Snap_2017.08.27_22h39m47s_002_.jpg
Ashampoo_Snap_2017.08.27_22h42m37s_003_.jpg
rbug02  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2018 10:45:44 AM(UTC)
rbug02

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I am having the same issue only much worse. and the poses are no longer working. In particular, the werewolf attack poses are distorting the rest of the body. the arms are running into themselves. and total distortion of the hip area
Sledgehammer  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2018 3:55:54 PM(UTC)
Sledgehammer

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm really sorry I missed the marciushess post, I'm not 100% sure why that distortion happens, that issue happens sometimes to me too, but most of time is fine.

For the first pic, the hip looks like a Y axis offset is happening.
What I've noticed is that happens specially if th G8F characters has a scale different than 100%. I did fixed it in the G8FemGen Rev1, but after installing the newest DS update it aint working again.
I'm finding ways to fix it. I also noticed it happens (sometimes) if I do a One frame only scene, when reloading the offset distortion happens. I've solved that (no the best solution) is doing a 2 frame scene,
0 frame is G8F in default pose, also the FemGen, and frame 1 or more will have the pose I want. So when saving and reloading scene, if this distortion happens I just go to frame zero and happens that
Daz Studio "resets" the FemGen, and going back to frame 1 or more and the distortion is gone.

For the next pictures where several lines appear between the hip and thights,
FemGen Rev1 was saved with "Interactive Update" OFF, this was cause there are a lot of users with slow processors, but internally when rendering DS does smooth the FemGen, if you want to
want in the preview the result, turn "Interactive Update" ON, you can find it selecting SH_G8FemGen/General/Mesh Smoothing/Interactive Update

I kinda have a clue why this is happening and trying to find a solution. Sorry guys for this issue.
CrissieB  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2018 5:41:59 AM(UTC)
CrissieB

The genitalia does not follow the transforms, rotations, or scale of the G8F figure to which it is parented. I did a render with one of my G8F models to illustrate, but I can't figure out how to upload a pic or file here.

CrissieB attached the following image(s):
SHG8GensMess.png
CrissieB  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2018 5:51:03 AM(UTC)
CrissieB

Also, when I load this on a G8F figure, I get a warning that a texture file (ripples) is missing.

Thunder-3D  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 28, 2018 8:34:30 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)

I was seeing the same issues described above, where the hip was not following the rest of the figure when it was moved/posed.

After setting Interactive Update to ON it is working great for me.

As for the hip bends, that could be a general hip/thigh bend issue, not a femgen issue,
as I have noticed when making pose packs that extreme hip/thigh bends
(especially when they exceed figure limits) will totally break the mesh,
and outside of creating a morphed bend there's not much that can be done about it.

I know other artists have made morphed poses like that but I haven't tried making those yet.

Sledgehammer  
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 28, 2018 9:57:06 PM(UTC)
Sledgehammer

Thanks Thunder, it worked better like that, I saved the prop with Interactive OFF as it takes some processor time, but for people with faster processors should work fine.
Masterstroke  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2018 5:29:53 AM(UTC)
Masterstroke

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 41 post(s)

Still having problems with the updated version. The genital prop still does not follow general transforms.

Masterstroke attached the following image(s):
Clipboard03.jpg
"Beam me up, this planet sucks"
Sledgehammer  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2018 3:18:50 PM(UTC)
Sledgehammer

Ok guys, other customer showed me the way and why this happens, and most important how to make it not happened.
Select the SH_G8FemGen, Go to Parameters tab and the browse to Mesh Smoothing/ Interactive Update/ and turn it ON/OFF

If you have a fast computer I recommend leave it ON, if not leave it OFF, but ON is the right thing to do.
Please try it and let me know guys
Sledgehammer  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2018 3:30:06 PM(UTC)
Sledgehammer

smoke2002  
#11 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2018 3:54:11 AM(UTC)
smoke2002

I just purchased this product this week and am discouraged that it does not work as advertised. I turned the interactive update on and the product still distorts both in viewport and in render. Extremely disappointed that a product that is defective is still being offered for sale without being fixed to work properly. I guess I should have checked the forums before purchasing.
Sledgehammer  
#12 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2018 12:05:09 PM(UTC)
Sledgehammer

Sorry guys for the problems. I did some hard work for this product and I tried new features like collision detection and smoothing, and I do accept this issues.
After studying and working again I found what's the problem, the smoothing modifier, I show two images, first one with the problem, and by turning off smoothing
feature, it works perfectly. So please try this one, i will load a new revision for the product and get it work fine. Anyway, please turn the smoothing off.
You can leave interactive update ON
Sledgehammer  
#13 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2018 12:09:04 PM(UTC)
Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer  
#14 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2018 12:10:36 PM(UTC)
Sledgehammer

BrimstoneOmega  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2018 8:40:18 PM(UTC)
BrimstoneOmega

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Lovely genital prop, thank you for making it! Your fix works flawlessly, and I also found a different fix for it as well. If you turn the collisions off from the character it is equipped on, either to none or anything else that you may want it to collide with then it doesn't stay rooted in place and again works flawlessly. When people save the scene and then reload it, DS resets the collisions to the charater it is equiped on it seams, so people just need to remember to set it back to none or whatever it was supposed to interact with.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 3, 2018 8:42:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified