Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jjstephany  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2017 11:45:38 PM(UTC)
jjstephany

Can anyone please point me into the right direction? I have been out of this industry since about 2005 and I see ALOT has changed!! Daz didn't even make it's own male genitalia and the whole Genesis line didn't exist at all!

I forget what third party product I used for male genitalia or what prop I used for public hair. What I would like to know is what's currently the most popular and widely used today? 

Thanks!
cheesymaid  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2017 2:00:20 PM(UTC)
cheesymaid

Was thanked: 139 time(s) in 122 post(s)
Which software are you going to use? Daz or Poser?

For Daz, I like Genesis 3 Male the best... and there's basically two props that I have. Sledgehammer's OMGDK3M and the Daz G3M genitalia (plus morphs from Sledgehammer and Male-M3dia to make it much better). Sledgehammer probably is the least expensive one to pick up and go with, but I've been favoring the Daz plus Sledgehammer/Male-M3dia morph package.

I do get compliments when I use the Daz plus Male-M3dia/Sledgehammer morph dick... I think that combination allows for the most difference in morph dialing, although Sledgehammer's OMGDK does veins & monster (as in literal "monster") cock much better. The Daz/Male-M3dia combo provides a good variety of shapely dicks.

Pubic hair?

There's a variety. I don't know what's "best", though. I use Mike1954's for G3M, but there's more than that available here. I can't tell you the benefits of one over another.

Oh, wonder!
How many goodly creatures are there here!
How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world,
That has such people in ’t!
jjstephany  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2017 8:58:49 PM(UTC)
jjstephany

Originally Posted by: cheesymaid Go to Quoted Post
Which software are you going to use? Daz or Poser?

For Daz, I like Genesis 3 Male the best... and there's basically two props that I have. Sledgehammer's OMGDK3M and the Daz G3M genitalia (plus morphs from Sledgehammer and Male-M3dia to make it much better). Sledgehammer probably is the least expensive one to pick up and go with, but I've been favoring the Daz plus Sledgehammer/Male-M3dia morph package.

I do get compliments when I use the Daz plus Male-M3dia/Sledgehammer morph dick... I think that combination allows for the most difference in morph dialing, although Sledgehammer's OMGDK does veins & monster (as in literal "monster") cock much better. The Daz/Male-M3dia combo provides a good variety of shapely dicks.

Pubic hair?

There's a variety. I don't know what's "best", though. I use Mike1954's for G3M, but there's more than that available here. I can't tell you the benefits of one over another.

Hey cheesymaid,

Thanks for those suggestions! I think I'll buy both of those products. I knew about Mike1954's prop but I wasn't aware of Sledgehammer's. I take it though that you prefer that to using Daz's own genital prop? Obviously it's very limited compared to what Sledgehammer offers. I bought the Michael 7 pro bundle just to see what it was like. I suppose it could be sufficient for some renders, depending on what your objective was but it certainly doesn't provide as much flexibility as Sledgehammers. 
cheesymaid  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2017 9:33:06 PM(UTC)
cheesymaid

Once you add in Male-M3dia's HD morphs (at the Daz store), plus Sledgehammer's morphs (available here), then the Daz prop really begins to shine... but it requires more stuff.

if you look at packages like M3D Jesse HD or M3D Hero 7 HD, there are HD dials for the Daz prop... but it's faster and easier to pick up Sledgehammer's OMGDK3 and just go with that.

There's plus and minus to everything... I think I get more variety out of using a variety of Male-M3dia's HD dials, especially in terms of shape... but OMGDK is also an excellent product. I prefer the Daz prop plus M3D's dials, but I can't recommend against OMGDK either.

There's just a good variety of stuff for G3M cocks these days.
Oh, wonder!
butchsl  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2017 8:04:19 AM(UTC)
butchsl

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm quite happy with the g3m gens, although I've modified a few of the textures to personalise them. Like Cheesymaid said, Male-M3dia and Sledgehammer are good, but I also use Poison and Redlightzz (both here at Renderotica).
For decent looking pubic hair, you can't go past the free ones. For G3M only with no morphs, Laticis at Deviantart is the hair of choice on my models. For paid and morphable hair, Poison's are quite good.
How much can a Koala bear?
jjstephany  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2017 10:14:11 PM(UTC)
jjstephany

Thanks for all the great feedback, I'm beginning to see what Cheesymaid means by the expandability of the Daz's prop. Although they don't make it obvious, there seems to be a variety of ways to push the prop beyond what it was originally intended to do. At this point all I have is the Micheal 7 pro bundle but I did purchase the George character which comes with a scaling morph.

I know Chessymaid seems to think highly of Male-M3dia's Jesse and other such products but I've also noticed that Zev0 makes something called Shape Shift 3 which seems to have quite a few anatomical morphs but I'm not sure how that compares to Jesse or some of the other products on Renderotica.

Ideally what I would like to find is something that would give me a wide range or posing/morphing options, even if I have to use a variety of products. Same with hair and can be used across ALL of the genesis 3 characters.
terrancew_hod  
#7 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2017 10:55:49 PM(UTC)
terrancew_hod

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jjstephany Go to Quoted Post

I know Chessymaid seems to think highly of Male-M3dia's Jesse and other such products but I've also noticed that Zev0 makes something called Shape Shift 3 which seems to have quite a few anatomical morphs but I'm not sure how that compares to Jesse or some of the other products on Renderotica.

Ideally what I would like to find is something that would give me a wide range or posing/morphing options, even if I have to use a variety of products. Same with hair and can be used across ALL of the genesis 3 characters.

This is male-m3dia btw.

I will have to agree with the laticis freebie hair as I use it with my renders. As far as the the male-m3dia products, there are genital shapes in each pack as well as the correction that uses the HD uncircumcised morph as well. Jesse also has an HD anus morphs too which aren't in any other G3M product. I tried to make sure you can mix the morph with any other morph on the market so you have options. I tried to make the shapes unique and you can mix and max the shapes as well.  The more recent products has veins added in. The body shapes includes have lots of correctives for bending (read that you can lift the thighs and legs and the gens area will not crush and crinkle in extreme bends. Since I like to render males I wanted to make sure they bend as well as the females do in their renders and have HD gens options too... I think I'm the only one doing them. If you do use the DAZ prop, i'm probably the only PA that adds HD morphs the the male gens; I have most of the add ons so I could be wrong. 

My next guy is a bit unique as I've changed the chest position on the t-pose to be more anatomically correct, so the way the chest and upper body looks when the arms raised is different than the when the arms are lowered. I also made a slightly longer penis for this figure enhancing the veins existing. This is the more muscular shape, but hopefully the penis shape is a base that you can work with and add too.

terrancew_hod attached the following image(s):
ClaytonGens01.jpg
cheesymaid  
#8 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2017 11:08:39 PM(UTC)
cheesymaid

Originally Posted by: terrancew_hod Go to Quoted Post
This is male-m3dia btw....
Since I like to render males I wanted to make sure they bend as well as the females do in their renders and have HD gens options too... I think I'm the only one doing them. If you do use the DAZ prop, i'm probably the only PA that adds HD morphs the the male gens; I have most of the add ons so I could be wrong.

My next guy is a bit unique as I've changed the chest position on the t-pose to be more anatomically correct, so the way the chest and upper body looks when the arms raised is different than the when the arms are lowered. I also made a slightly longer penis for this figure enhancing the veins existing. This is the more muscular shape, but hopefully the penis shape is a base that you can work with and add too.

See, I'm not pushing Male-M3dia because I'm making money off of the products. I think they're really good products! And I prefer rendering females!

terrancew_hod has a nice shapely cock there... and here's a big fat bruiser dick, I think mostly using Jesse's dials.

I love Zev0's morphs, but Shape Shift doesn't come with genitalia morphs (either for male or female).

butchsl is also correct in that you'll need something like Poison or Sledgehammer's G3M Genitalia morphs in order to pose the prop as well. And both Poison and Sledgehammer do have morphs that affect the shape of the G3M Daz genitals in their packages... so those are also recommended if you go with G3M.

Genesis 3 maybe doesn't do muscle detail as great as Genesis 2, but the Genesis 3 genitalia is really good stuff. Kudos to Daz for providing a solid base product.
Oh, wonder!
Hellboy  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 2:54:59 AM(UTC)
Hellboy

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
jjstephany  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 11:06:11 PM(UTC)
jjstephany

Hey guys, again thanks for all the great feedback!

terrancew_hod certainly didn't expect to hear from you but thanks! ok, here is my question... Jesse does look interesting, I've noticed you have several products in the Daz store, Would Jesse be my best bet in terms of genital shaping morphs or would you recommend one of your other ones?

Also, I tried downloading the manually placing the files for Laticis freebie but I must of done something wrong because I can't seem to find them anywhere so either I put them in the wrong place or I'm looking in the wrong place.

I'm also checking out both Poison's and Sledgehammer's morphs, both look very interesting! I suppose that since Daz intended for everything to be interchangeable that you could use any of these morphs with that of Jesse or any other product.
cheesymaid  
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 1:03:03 AM(UTC)
cheesymaid

I'm glad we've provided some help.
There's a lot to sort through with a newer generation of figures like Genesis 3... but that's a great thing. We're in a great era of 3D figures, I think.

Back to morphs and products...
Of Male-M3dia's products, I have Jesse and Landon... with Hero 7 and Fischer on my wishlist.

If you look at Jesse, he has 3 Shape dials for the Genitalia. Hero has 2, Landon has 2. I think Fischer has 1 or 2.

SO... in terms of penis shape variety, Jesse is the clear winner. 3 penis shape dials!
Hero or Landon might be the more classically handsome figures, though. And you're still getting 2 penis dials in each of those
It all depends on whether you want more penis dials or the other dials.

I typically do not use 100% of any one shape dial. I like dialing in portions of each dial to get a custom dick on each figure that I use. I think it adds more character.

Yes, Jesse will work with Poison and Sledgehammer's penis dials. Jesse works with Hero, Landon, etc. They're all just dials, like dialing in 25% Michael 7, 50% Leo 7, and 25% Tween Ryan on a figure. The dials generally do work together very easily.

You'd want dials like Poison and/or Sledgehammer to help do posing of the penis (erections, movement of the testicles). While you can do that manually with the parts of the genitalia prop, it's much easier to use the dials.

Male-M3dia has SHAPING dials with products like Jesse. Poison and Sledgehammer have some shaping, but also a lot of posing/movement dials for the genitals.
Oh, wonder!
terrancew_hod  
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 9:00:16 AM(UTC)
terrancew_hod

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Also Jesse will be the only set I do with a few HD anal shape morphs (as they can only be sold at DAZ), and also has a hip spread morph that you can use when bending G3M in "positions"  But all of the shapes will mix with other body morph dials so you can use each shape as a base for more unique body types, including 3rd party products. The fisher penis is a smaller base in comparison but has the HD Veins in them. 
terrancew_hod attached the following image(s):
Fischer Nude 04b.jpg
cheesymaid  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 11:15:59 PM(UTC)
cheesymaid

Since I'm not sure a link is okay or not because I would be linking to another site's store...

I'd just point out that M3D's Landon for Michael 7 (Genesis 3) and Klaus for Genesis 2 Male are both in the Daz "Fast Grab" area today. That means they are 70% off the normal price...

So if you're looking for Genesis 2 or Genesis 3 penis prop shape morphs, it's a good time to get some in the Daz store.
Oh, wonder!
mjw  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2017 8:47:28 AM(UTC)
mjw

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
@ Jstephany: 'Also, I tried downloading the manually placing the files for Laticis freebie but I must of done something wrong because I can't seem to find them anywhere so either I put them in the wrong place or I'm looking in the wrong place.'
Probably obvious to you, but I sometimes lose downloads because I don't check for them in both the personal (i.e. your user-name) download folder or the Public one. Assuming Windows, of course. I succeeded with these a while back, so it does work.