2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
billyben  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 8:00:53 AM(UTC)
billyben

Was thanked: 1504 time(s) in 1278 post(s)

Purchased Golden Growler to try olut some strand based pubic hair.  I loaded up G8 applied golden Palace and then loaded Golden Growler and followed the instructions to parent it to Golden Palace and got the following error:

Edited by user Wednesday, June 24, 2020 3:09:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Becausde I can't read

billyben attached the following image(s):
GG Error.jpg
Bill
I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused
BrotherHades  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 11:20:05 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 303 time(s) in 240 post(s)

Did you carefully read the included readme?

Golden Growler readme wrote:
Note:  When you load the style of your choice, you should go to Parameters/Misc and under Fit To chose "GoldenPalace_Shell". 
  This and parenting in place will allow the prop to follow the figure.

So you fit to the GP shell, not GP itself. Though there is another issue that will hopefully be addressed in a future update. It appears that adding other grafts changes the shell properties enough that Growler no longer recognizes the shell correctly and stops following the shell.

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
billyben on 6/24/2020(UTC)
billyben  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 12:51:33 PM(UTC)
billyben

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

Did you carefully read the included readme?

Golden Growler readme wrote:
Note:  When you load the style of your choice, you should go to Parameters/Misc and under Fit To chose "GoldenPalace_Shell". 
  This and parenting in place will allow the prop to follow the figure.

So you fit to the GP shell, not GP itself. Though there is another issue that will hopefully be addressed in a future update. It appears that adding other grafts changes the shell properties enough that Growler no longer recognizes the shell correctly and stops following the shell.

Lord I need new glasses.  I read it twice and was still trying to fit it to Golden Palace, not the shell (I really need a Homer banging his head against a brick wall emoji here).

Bill
billyben  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 3:19:44 PM(UTC)
billyben

Well I spoke too soon.  Tried to apply the new hair to my Bettie May model and got the same error as above when trying to apply ot the shell.  Ran some additional tests and can not apply the strand p[ased hair and fit to/parent in place to the Golden Palace shell if the model already has Headlights, Breastacular, or Lickalicious installed on the model.  Not that big of a deal of you are starting out with a new stock model but a BIG problem if trying to apply to a model that has already been dial spun and color shells changed to match nipples, etc.

Bill
lightBLUE  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 3:25:12 AM(UTC)
lightBLUE

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Sorry for not replying earlier.
This happens if you're using the older version of Golden Palace, the product is made for the new version.
If you have downloaded the new version of Golden Palace and this still happens, please let me know so we can figure out what might be the problem.
billyben  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 8:25:44 AM(UTC)
billyben

Originally Posted by: lightBLUE Go to Quoted Post
This happens if you're using the older version of Golden Palace, the product is made for the new version.
If you have downloaded the new version of Golden Palace and this still happens, please let me know so we can figure out what might be the problem.

Tried to PM you with additional issues found when I did some testing but it says your PM box is full and will not accept my message.

Bill
DontTellMyWife  
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 11:36:12 PM(UTC)
DontTellMyWife

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm having similar issues. I downloaded GPv2 fresh to make sure that wasn't a cause.
It's odd, some times the parenting works well enough to slide the figure sideways and keep the hair in place, then you apply a pose and the hair just stays there floating where the figure used to be. I thought I had it all sorted out, I could move my figure wherever I wanted to without issue, then bam, it's broken again; nothing added or subtracted from the figure in the interim.

BrotherHades  
#8 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 3:57:43 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 303 time(s) in 240 post(s)

While using another version of the product that strand based hair is attached to can cause problems, (I know this was the issue with Causam's bikini hair as it was built for Golden Palace while most users were trying to use it with Golden Palace v2) it is not the issue in this case.

The issue, at least that I am seeing, seems to be that adding other grafts to the figure, changes the shell properties enough that Growler no longer recognizes the shell correctly and stops following the shell. Or if the grafts are added before the Growler it gives the same message that is shown in BillyBen's first post. The message about the geometry not matching. I think what is happening is as the grafts are added or the shells are loaded it surveys all the surfaces of the figure and adds them to the shell properties thereby changing the shell properties enough so that it no longer matches what growler is looking for to match.

Current solution is to just use the Growler on figures with only Golden Palace and no other grafts, however there are many of us users that tend to stack up on the lovely grafts available (I know at a minimum my ladies are getting a genital graft and breast or nipple grafts) so the issue pops up because the additional surface parameters being added to the shells, which is sadly just how Daz Studio handles shells, and while there is Meipe's lovely shell corrector scripts to fix the white parts created from multiple shells. The additional properties added to the Golden Palace_Shell when other grafts are used just seems to break the connection between Growler and the Golden Palace_Shell.

Example of what I was doing while testing. Loaded G8F, loaded Golden Palace v2, loaded shell, loaded Growler 16, fit growler to Golden Palace_Shell, Loaded Zeddicuss' Plus Size Model morphs, started going through Plus Size Model Poses, at this point everything is working fine and Growler is following G8F like a well trained puppy. Found a pose that I thought would look great with Breastacular's collision settings, so loaded breastacular, added the invisible gloves, loaded the nipples morphs. Set collision items, and hit the pose. Rendered. Then tried some other poses. I find out Growler is no longer following. So I go back and keep reloading things and retrying variables to figure out why it stopped following, was it the collision settings, was it the invisible gloves, was it an issue with multiple shells, after an hour of reloading and trying out variables, Growler following seems to break the moment additional grafts are added, and knowing how Daz Studio works and after loading the grafts first and then trying to fit to growler to the Golden Palace_Shell and getting the geometry not matching message, I can only surmise that the additional surfaces added to the Golden Palace_Shell from the other graft(s) is throwing off the scripting being used to recognize the Growler is being fit to the right object in the scene.

billyben  
#9 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 5:48:35 AM(UTC)
billyben

That is the same thing I found yesterday.  I could not use Breastacular, Headlights, or Lickalicious on a model of I had Golden Growker insytalled.  If you install them after Growler is installed, Growler breaks and will no longer follow Golden Growler morphs and it will not even fitrr or parent to the model if the other geografts are already installed.

Bill
lightBLUE  
#10 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 6:38:46 AM(UTC)
lightBLUE

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 20 post(s)
As for technical limitations of Daz Studio's strand based hair, there is nothing we can do at the moment to allow more than one geograft because strand based hair must be made for specific geometry shell which changes when you add more geografts.
For the time being there is a workaround the problem by loading GP and Golden growler, then loading morphs and pose after which you can unparent the growler and add more geografts. That way the growler will stay where it needs to be and won't be affected by other geografts.
thanks 1 user thanked lightBLUE for this useful post.
billyben on 6/26/2020(UTC)
DontTellMyWife  
#11 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 12:00:02 AM(UTC)
DontTellMyWife

So the problem I'm having isn't related to other shells.
On a vanilla genesis 8, with ONLY GP and GP_Shell applied (not even adding GP_labia_majora_shell), I load the Golden Growler hair. It doesn't matter what is highlighted in the scene pane, it loads at 0,0,0 unparented. I use GG-Style-x > misc > fit to > GP_shell. I then parent (in place) GG to GP_shell. I've also tried parenting to GP Gens, and Genesis 8 Female all with the same result. GG moves when I move the figure, but it goes at a different rate as the figure in the same direction. If I move the figure +2, the hair goes +4, or something. Same if I rotate on any axis, the hair goes in the right direction, just not at the same rate as the figure.

Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

imgur.com/a/howX3zZ

Note that in the image, the figure has translated x+5 

Edited by user Saturday, June 27, 2020 12:03:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DontTellMyWife attached the following image(s):
growler +5.png
simontemplar  
#12 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 5:27:12 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 100 post(s)
I would like to point at a couple anatomically correct issues.
First thing I notice: the more furnished bushes, those who go all the way down, do not part around the labia, covering them completely across.
That might be alright for distanced shots but renders the item useless for close-up action. That leaves room for improvement and I think GG
really needs to be able to follow GP's morphs in terms of aperture.
The second thing is that the hair themselves are made of straight lines and "broken lines" aka zigzags. That too, visually, will work only from a
distance. I'd really love to see some real "short and curlies" :)
"That was fun. Let's do it again."
DontTellMyWife  
#13 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 7:59:58 PM(UTC)
DontTellMyWife

Originally Posted by: DontTellMyWife Go to Quoted Post

Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I heard from the dev. With this hair piece, to translate, rotate, etc, the "hip" must be selected rather than the Gen8 figure.

This is the first time I've had to do this, but it definitely fixes my issue. Posting the solution here for posterity.

ERik

leegreen12  
#14 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2020 2:32:14 PM(UTC)
leegreen12

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Same issues - I have setup 30+ characters with GP/LL/BT/FL and this will not "fit to" the the GP Minora Shell when the other grafts are loaded. Once I delete BT/LL and leave only GP, I can successfully fit to GP Minora Shell and parent to the same (as intended). When I load BT back unto the figure, the hair no longer moves with the figure (regardless if the root bone HIP is selected or not when the pose is loaded). Also, the Fit to function reports the same error. This makes this product unusable for me unless something can be done for it to work with the other Meipe grafts. Not sure if there are any fixes or updates planned?
Dire_Wolf  
#15 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2020 11:17:47 PM(UTC)
Dire_Wolf

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)

Easiest way to solve this in the future would be to parent it to a hair cap that you fit to the gens rather than the figure itself.

thanks 1 user thanked Dire_Wolf for this useful post.
TheBitterGent on 3/27/2021(UTC)
wurger  
#16 Posted : Sunday, July 19, 2020 5:39:27 PM(UTC)
wurger

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 62 post(s)

I had this problem suddenly crop up today. Not sure what happened, but it only went away after I uninstalled and re-installed both GP and Gen 8 Starter Essentials. GP was suddenly broken and not conforming to the figures. Every existing file I opened, plus newly created files, had the same problem. Even G8 standard gens were not working properly. After reinstalling the content, things are back to normal.

GG looks great, and in my opinion, more natural then Jungle Jewels in most situations. However, unlike Jungle Jewels, Golden Growler is extremely finicky to work with.

For some reason, JJ doesn't have the problem of flying off into space when you move the character or apply a commercial pose. At this point, the only reliable work flow I have been able to come up with for GG is to get your character completely posed, then apply GG before you render.

FuegoAhegao3dx  
#17 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 7:07:58 PM(UTC)
FuegoAhegao3dx

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 6 post(s)

I used this fix for LightBlues Growler for dicktator, but I think this will work for all his products. 

Load the default Goldenpalace/or/dicktator prop and the hair model you want into the scene. Do not fit either to anything.

Select the hair product in the scene tab. Go to the 3bars with an arrow icon in the top corner. Go to edit->rigging->convert prop to figure

Select accept. Weight mapping doesn't matter as we will be taking the figures and transferring it to the hair.

With the hair figure now selected go to the same 3 bars with an arrow icon we selected earlier. Now go to assets->transfer utility.

With the genital prop as the source and the hair prop as the target transfer it.

There you go! The hair can now be fitted the normal way and follows the figures posing and morphs. This is the way most content creators fit clothes and hairs and such to figures. Not sure why LightBlue doesn't do it this way, maybe it breaks the hair for certain situations but it works 100% of the time for me. I hope LightBlue reads this and does this for future releases...

Made a gallery with some pictures if that will help here

thanks 7 users thanked FuegoAhegao3dx for this useful post.
deevil on 10/13/2020(UTC), solitarysandpiper on 10/25/2020(UTC), DazJockey on 11/22/2020(UTC), dirkmd128 on 2/13/2021(UTC), chevron123 on 5/29/2021(UTC), ingeras82 on 8/7/2021(UTC), HV3 on 9/8/2021(UTC)
solitarysandpiper  
#18 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2020 2:24:01 AM(UTC)
solitarysandpiper

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Originally Posted by: FuegoAhegao3dx Go to Quoted Post

I used this fix for LightBlues Growler for dicktator, but I think this will work for all his products. 

Load the default Goldenpalace/or/dicktator prop and the hair model you want into the scene. Do not fit either to anything.

Select the hair product in the scene tab. Go to the 3bars with an arrow icon in the top corner. Go to edit->rigging->convert prop to figure

Select accept. Weight mapping doesn't matter as we will be taking the figures and transferring it to the hair.

With the hair figure now selected go to the same 3 bars with an arrow icon we selected earlier. Now go to assets->transfer utility.

With the genital prop as the source and the hair prop as the target transfer it.

There you go! The hair can now be fitted the normal way and follows the figures posing and morphs. This is the way most content creators fit clothes and hairs and such to figures. Not sure why LightBlue doesn't do it this way, maybe it breaks the hair for certain situations but it works 100% of the time for me. I hope LightBlue reads this and does this for future releases...

This works... thank you so much!

in my case the pubes sunk ever so slightly into the surface of the character but scaling them up a touch brought them back out.

Tested whilst using headlights on poses and animations!

thanks 1 user thanked solitarysandpiper for this useful post.
FuegoAhegao3dx on 11/15/2020(UTC)
voezta  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2021 1:00:25 AM(UTC)
voezta

Originally Posted by: FuegoAhegao3dx Go to Quoted Post

The solution is pretty useful yet the only problem would be that, If I save the figure as a scene subset, or I just simply turn off the software and restart it, every single loading-involved move will make the transferred golden growler become a gray cube showing in the view port, will there be a possible solution for this?

dsv4600  
#20 Posted : Sunday, November 7, 2021 4:42:15 AM(UTC)
dsv4600

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I have the exact same problem with Golden Growler 8.1 (purchased just a few days ago) and was more than a little bit peeved to discover that the issue has been known about for so long, but that there is no warning in the product's description! - Especially after having wasted several hours trying to get it to work!

Converting it to a conforming figure doesn't really work. As has been mentioned by the previous poster, reloading a scene containing a figure version of Golden Growler presents a lovely grey box. This is because the Growler is Strand Based Hair and not a conventional prop; the link to its underlying geometry is lost. It is possible to save it as a Scene Subset then manually edit the file to include the link to the Strand Based Hair object but, although this gets rid of the grey box, it does not produce a usable item and for me led to DAZ Studio crashing (fair enough).

You can load it before you load Breastacular and that works, but then if you save the scene DAZ Studio tries to refit it on load and you're back where you started.

I'm guessing that what's happening is that the Golden Palace Geoshell is changing its geometry as a result of "shelling" the Breastacular graft. I'm no expert on Geoshells but if that resulted in the shell gaining more polygons then it's game over.

Such a shame, because if there were ever two Geografts that are most likely to be used together it has to be Golden Palace and Breastacular. It might work if the vendor created two sets: one for GP alone, the other for GP when Breastacular is also loaded, but that opens the door to supporting other Geografts and I can understand why the vendor would be reluctant to do so.