Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PhantasyMaster99  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2024 7:07:32 PM(UTC)
PhantasyMaster99

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)

So I've been trying to get the skin from Akane's NDMP Demon Skin to display correctly on Diktator, but when it performs the copy the base gets a bad set off the skin because the skin has a separate anatomy setting. The shell seems to only copy a set shell setting and brings none of the character skin properties. Is there a way to transfer the Daz anatomical elements maps to Diktator and use those? Even if I did that, I would still need to adjust the shell, and how would I do that ? I had thought the shell just modified, but looking at the shell after a copy it is not bringing anything from the original character, so I am a little confused on what is supposed to be happening. If Diktator is using the geoshell for the textures, why is it copying the textures onto the base graft 

Do you just have to have the texture for the specific character with Diktator, such as Peter, Hiroshi, etc.?

If so, that kinda nerfs the usability of the graft in the first place.

I attached a screenshot of the copied skin mat onto Diktator, as well as the shell. I have a feeling that there is a procedure that would work with the various skins, but I have no idea how to proceed.

PhantasyMaster99 attached the following image(s):
Diktator geoshell above graft.jpg
Mats copied to Diktator graft.jpg
Rev3D  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2024 7:14:17 AM(UTC)
Rev3D

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 5 post(s)

Sorry for the long post incoming just the best way I could explain it all :P

This is how I do it, I'll be using Greylian as an example but it should work for your model as well.

Start with clicking on the dicktator shell in the scene tab -->

Then click on the surfaces tab -->

Click on any of the Dicktator_genitalia_G8/9M_ -->

Have a look what what is being used as the base colour image I'm for this example was Innocence_base_colour_v3 -->

Click the base colour image and then browse so you are in the folder location -->

Right click the correct texture you are using and open with Photoshop, I use Photoshop I assume can use gimp for this as well but I don't use gimp so I don't know if this will work on it -->

Next click on the figure in the scene tab -->

Click surfaces again -->

Click the torse tab -->

Base Colour again -->

Browse to folder location again -->

Right click the torso and open with Photoshop/gimp -->

Go to photoshop and have to torse texture viewed -->

Click the quick selection tool fourth from the top in my case -->

Use this tool to select the torso -->

Select - Inverse -->

Use the eraser tool to remove all the black -->

Now go to the tab with the dicktator shell on it -->

Go Image > Adjustments > Colour Match -->

Click source > Greylian_torso -->

Should look like this -->

Now click CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + W at the same time and apply the same settings as what I have -->

Click export and go to the folder where the shell textures are saved I make a new folder inside it called edits so I know that these are my editied ones and don't get them confused with the originals that come with dicktator -->

I keep the file name the same but I just add after v3 for example v3_Edit_1 so if it doesn't look right I go back try again and name it v3_Edit_2 until I am happy with the way it looks -->

Now after you have saved the export go back to daz click the dicktator shell again > surfaces again -->

On all of the dicktator_genitalia you want to change the base colour to your new texture that you saved I only change the base colour as that usually does the job for me and you should get something like this but obliviously with your desired colour texture -->

If you don't want the slight pinkiness to it you need to replace the translucency colour with the same texture used for the base colour.

I hoped this help and if you have any problems I'll try and help out if I can :)

Rev

Edited by user Saturday, April 27, 2024 7:30:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 4 users thanked Rev3D for this useful post.
ZenMaster3D on 4/27/2024(UTC), Eswe on 4/28/2024(UTC), Meipe on 4/29/2024(UTC), Good456 on 5/4/2024(UTC)
PhantasyMaster99  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2024 12:39:15 AM(UTC)
PhantasyMaster99

Thank you so much for the advice! I don't happen to have Photoshop, but I think I could use gimp. I just hate trying to do stuff in multiple programs - I've done hundreds of renders and have actually edited maps maybe 3 times. I think that is a great method for a character you are going to be using a lot and looks incredible judging by your screenshot, but how long does the process take once you have it down? It is rare that I'll do more than 6 renders using the same character and I like to see how stuff "looks" with variations. Like I'll try Mama Mia and Golden Glow before choosing the final texture and modifying from there. Thus I was hoping for a procedure in Daz to quickly merge the Diktator texture with the character's texture, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

One thing I did try that seemed to work ok btw, is matching the colors and channels on the Dikatator shell as close to the character settings as possible. Sometimes they have seperate maps, but you can get pretty close and edit from there. Unfortunately, sometimes there are specific textures you lose from the character, so if the skin has bumps or other features you lose those., but the coloration is close so if you are good with the base Diktator texture, it seems to work well. I would say if you use this method you probably want to use White Chocolate Fill or Innocence from PPP (pumping pole palette) as the pale is easier to edit to taste, and it is always much easier to darken than lighten.
PhantasyMaster99  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2024 12:39:22 AM(UTC)
PhantasyMaster99

Thank you so much for the advice! I don't happen to have Photoshop, but I think I could use gimp. I just hate trying to do stuff in multiple programs - I've done hundreds of renders and have actually edited maps maybe 3 times. I think that is a great method for a character you are going to be using a lot and looks incredible judging by your screenshot, but how long does the process take once you have it down? It is rare that I'll do more than 6 renders using the same character and I like to see how stuff "looks" with variations. Like I'll try Mama Mia and Golden Glow before choosing the final texture and modifying from there. Thus I was hoping for a procedure in Daz to quickly merge the Diktator texture with the character's texture, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

One thing I did try that seemed to work ok btw, is matching the colors and channels on the Dikatator shell as close to the character settings as possible. Sometimes they have seperate maps, but you can get pretty close and edit from there. Unfortunately, sometimes there are specific textures you lose from the character, so if the skin has bumps or other features you lose those., but the coloration is close so if you are good with the base Diktator texture, it seems to work well. I would say if you use this method you probably want to use White Chocolate Fill or Innocence from PPP (pumping pole palette) as the pale is easier to edit to taste, and it is always much easier to darken than lighten.
Rev3D  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2024 7:12:55 AM(UTC)
Rev3D

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 5 post(s)

Originally Posted by: PhantasyMaster99 Go to Quoted Post

All in all this would take you about about 15 minutes with added time and the end if you aren't happen with the results and want to go back and change anything.

I find doing this type of stuff inside daz to annoying, I've been using PS for a while now and going back and fourth doesn't waste a lot of time. You'd probably find that by the time you've messed with the dials inside daz you would have already completed the steps I posted above only needing to go back and change the final results if you weren't happy with them.

Daz is great but it's limited and using others tools I find greatly helps.

PhantasyMaster99  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2024 12:16:07 AM(UTC)
PhantasyMaster99

You are pretty much spot on with that, at least as it relates to me. I sometimes spend way too much time trying to get a texture to work or match. Not just on dikator, but other grafts, clothes, sfx, etc. I'm just not skilled with these other programs, and I am used to doing everything in one program rather than flipping between programs. I would say that well over half the products sold on Daz I could do with some time and effort. The other half - things like Diktator or HM or Stonemason's stuff, would take a long time and require more talent than I have. But I am slowly picking things up from artists like yourself you take a moment to explain things - it is very much appreciated !

At some point I'll get there -- it is good to know that once you learn the procedure, it is quick. Thanks for the help and advice !