Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SinisterSh0t  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2024 1:20:03 PM(UTC)
SinisterSh0t

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I'm not sure whether i'm an idiot or not.

But it feels like there's a serious lack of pose content for products for Futalicious or XXY. Whether it's because there's a lack of interest, or because prior released content no longer functions.

For instance, I installed "Futanari Sex Vixens" for G8F by Layla and it looks fantastic. However the Genital Preset Poses are completely broken. They will not apply to Futalicious Genitals.

Some of the Poses for the characters bodies will apply, but none of the Presets will not. which is a shame. I assume it was created in mind with an older version of Futalicious and so no longer works with Ver 3.2.

A shame since it had plenty of poses for single futa's or couples, from jacking off, to blowjob's to poundings.

A lot of content out there for poses seems to be for Male x Female, or Female x Female Content. There is some Male x Male Content poses out there which is good, but it's slim pickings for futa/trans poses.

Like, there's some BJ packs on this site from Thunder-3D which look good. But were made for Futalicious 3.0. So I'm hesitant to buy them in case they end up not functioning for 3.2.

And for XXY there's like a couple of pose packs available for it. But not much.

I'm just a little worried that all this great content out there, is being left to the way-side. That Futalicious and XXY cannot reach there full potential because what used to work no longer does.

Do you lot know of any Futa x Futa/Trans x Trans Pose Content that does Indeed work with Futalicious 3.2 and XXY 1.5?

And also do you know where to find a variety of that content, because i'm having a hard time with this site to find them.

Not just blowjob but also insertion poses, poses for singular characters, couples... or threesomes, orgies, etc.

Or should I just find resort to just manual posing when using characters with Futalicious/XXY? It'll be a pain in the ass to do, but if that's all i got left then so be it.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 26, 2024 1:32:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TheBitterGent  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2024 3:46:42 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 111 post(s)
So first off, are you selecting the genitalia (Futalicious) when applying the genital poses?
Most those type packs will have pose sets set up like fig1, fig2, genfig1, genfig2, where the correct figure's genitals must be selected to apply the correct genital poses.

The figure rigging between the 2 sexes of a generation of figures are very similar (G1 and G9 identical, *size variations later). Same sex Female and Futa-Female, more so usually, as it's mainly about the added penis graft. So some strap-on style poses for female characters will be applicable to futa-females of the same generation. Some MM gay poses can be applicable to Futa-Females of the same generation as well.

The major differences occur when you try apply poses to a different generation's figure rigging, or same generation poses to characters whose measurements (ie: height, width, limb length, breast size, body mass...) vary greatly from the default base figures.

Most poses outside the default figures need minor adjustments anyway. In practice poses are usually designed and corrected big to small so gens are lastly adjusted as to not waste time overcorrecting poses. (Suggestion would be to find some free poses and try them out for yourself for a better illustration of concept. Use the joint editor tool to visualize figure rigging in the viewport.)

Poses on this site can be found by using the Catalogs search bar and filters on the left side of the page.

That all said, I don't believe there were any rigging changes between Futalicious 3.0 and 3.2 that would be breaking poses.
Even if I'm mistaken. Futalicious 3.2 has very quick and simple to use shaping and posing dials included under the parameters tabs. Great for getting those final touches of your poses where you want them even when using far displaced characters.
SinisterSh0t  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2024 6:14:47 AM(UTC)
SinisterSh0t

Yes. I was selecting "Genitalia" when applying the presets. and I figured out that each genital preset matched with each body pose with the "Fig" and "genfig" naming.

However none would apply at all. No changes would occur, I actually looked through the forums on this site and found another had been stating the same about the vixens pack.
https://www.renderotica....&t=272672#post539484
So it feels like that the pack is only half functioning at the moment, likely due to it being made for an older version of futalicious so it no longer works with 3.2, or perhaps it was a daz studio update that broke it, idk.

Alright, I'll try to find some pose packs involving female models with strap-on's, be an easier start for me to manually adjust afterward.

Still, it just find it a little frustrating that there ain't many Sex Poses for futa/trans content out there. There's plenty of stuff for Handjobs, self sucking, blowjobs. fine.
But not much after that for anything else like insertion for futalicious. but there plenty of that for male x female, or male x male out there. so it's a little odd y'know.
There is some sex pose stuff like that available for the XXY 1.5 Graft. However while it is a nice pack, it's not as... robust, as Futalicious.

And i did try to search and filter for what i was looking for, but it was slim pickings. hence why I made this post, thinking i was blind to what i was searching for, hoping for people to point me in the right direction.

So i'll look at getting some free poses to try out rigging. Got a feeling if i want to get a job done, gotta do it myself.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 27, 2024 6:18:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

matt  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2024 9:41:18 AM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 312 time(s) in 211 post(s)

I've found that I prefer that poses do NOT affect the figures genital, because it's never right. This is not the fault of the vendor, but rather because most every single pose set out there is designed for an unmodded figure. I NEVER use unmodded figures. 

I look at poses as a starting point. I know I'm going to have to tweak them because my figures are thicker, thinner, taller, or shorter than the base mesh. It's the same with Futalicious/Dicktator and Golden Palace, I've always changed it, sometimes rather significantly, so no pose set, not a single one is going to line right up. Sometimes they're close, but I've always got a limb or fingers clipping somewhere at the very least, a hand completely inside a tit, or a pecker that's poking out of the back or belly somewhere. That's just the nature of playing with this stuff, and vendors can't be expected to account for custom figures, which is why pose sets are always designed with the base mesh in mind. 

Having said that, you can use a pose designed for G8M on a G8F rather well, and vice-versa. You will have to tweak things, no way around it. But, it will get you close. I've use plenty of pose sets from Thunder3D and Layla where I've applied the M pose to an F figure and away I went. 

The moral of this story is 'get used to tweaking poses'.

TheBitterGent  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2024 5:26:45 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 111 post(s)
I don't own it myself.
However, as far as the gen poses not working. It looks like everything was designed for Futa 3.2, as it is the listed required product on the product page.

So, trouble shooting steps:
- Check proper install path of data files.
- Right Click and Refresh the folder containing the pose files within DS
- Save and restart DS in case it just didn't load data properly on startup.
- (Advanced User) Check .duf files with a code editor for proper file name labels and data link paths

Outside of that (not saying this to be offensive) but "futas" are just females with dicks, and "trans" are just males with makeup, wigs, and maybe tits. I've already (likely to the dismay of many posing artists) informed you about how the skeletons in the 3d universe are interchangeable and the limitations and how to view differences with joint editor.
So its more about the dominant vs submissive positioning in intercourse poses.
Characters and genitals are of variable sizes. So poses, certainly any unique or interesting, are going to be like base sets for re-tweaking anyway.

If you want more futa/trans solo or couple poses using dictator or futalicious put it on the wishlist thread or make them yourself and see how it sells. Hopefully no one goes shooting any beer cans over it.

Who knows, 10 months from now 3d artists might be out of a job while everyone types to AI for whatever pose they want. But I digress.
SinisterSh0t  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2024 12:50:49 PM(UTC)
SinisterSh0t

Thanks for the advice matt, appreciate it. Yeah, think i'll have to get used to tweaking things going forward.

And to "The Bitter Gent", I tried your trouble shooting steps. no luck.

I think it's just a case of either a daz update broke it, or the latest version of futalicious does not work with it.
To be fair, the files for the vixens pack state they were created in 2017. so it could've been either that broke it.

I will probably move on from it, find other stuff to work on and tweak to get what i'm looking for.

Thank you all for the help.
wurger  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2024 9:44:51 PM(UTC)
wurger

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 62 post(s)
You don't need specific futa/trans poses. Any M/F or M/M pose set can be used, but you will pretty much always have to make adjustments.I use purchased poses as a start point, but never use the stock pose as the final shape.

I wouldn't bother with purchased genital poses as they would most likely be absurdly over sized and unusable (unless that's your thing). It is a fairly trivial process to save out a shape preset in DS for Futalicious or XXY.
BrotherHades  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2024 3:05:51 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Originally Posted by: TheBitterGent Go to Quoted Post
I don't own it myself.
However, as far as the gen poses not working. It looks like everything was designed for Futa 3.2, as it is the listed required product on the product page.

As Meipe has updated from Futalicious to v.3.2 and not released  the updates as a new product the required product and promoes on the poses page will update along with the updates as released. So since the Futalicious SKU stays the same, the promos and product name get updated, but that doesn't mean the pose set in question wasn't built using Futalicious v.1 and now doesn't work since Futalicious is now up to v 3.2

Sadly I don't have the pose set in question so can't test it, but if there is an issue then Layla should be contacted, and told the gen poses no longer work, so a fix/update can be done.

I know when Golden Palace G8 was updated, Xameva's deep inside her stopped working on some morphs and poses, sad part with that, is it appears Xameva is no longer around to fix things.

SinisterSh0t

I can say I tested what I did have poses wise for XXY and can say that Trans Love and Solo Trans do work with the most recent version of XXY (I specifically deleted previous install, and re-downloaded XXY to make sure)

Thunder-3D  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2024 2:55:39 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 158 post(s)

Honestly, the futa poses I did years ago had less interest (number sold) than my NON sex poses like the "bold girls" and other "Showcase Poses" sets. Which still surprises me considering 'rotica is basically known for "spicy" 3D assets.

This is one of the reasons I talked Meipe into making the "strapless futalicious", because there has been WAY more interest in lesbian poses than futa poses, at least that I can directly measure through interaction with my pose sets.

Futalicious is a massively popular prop, and futa assets are always in demand. Also it looks completely different on the rendered content side of things where there is still a LOT of interest in futa images, and those artists want improved gen props etc., but don't seem to be utilizing as many sex poses.

However most of what I see being posted is sort of a futa "display" rather than futa sex, images of a pretty lady with a futa gen, but not really interacting with a 2nd character.

Basically I don't think I ever completely understood the futa meta and I think that's because it symbolizes something totally different from person to person, whereas two females using a dildo is pretty easy to understand.

I've recently finished a boatload of yet to be published poses, and maybe soon I would like to go back to do some more "futa" poses, but when I do it will probably follow the same line I did with the "Futalicious vs. Strapless" poses working well with both a futa gen and the strapless prop, because that's what my customers are telling me they prefer based on sales.

Also, as far as I'm aware, all my futa poses still work with the updated props, but I honestly haven't looked at them in close to a year so if you find issues please let me know as I like to keep things updated as much as I can.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 2, 2024 3:02:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified