Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bumper2  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2024 3:07:18 PM(UTC)
Bumper2

Was thanked: 182 time(s) in 138 post(s)

A couple days ago I was editing my blog post for the timeline of my 'The Squad' series. I hadn't updated it in almost two years and it showed. Over the course of several hours I cataloged and linked almost fifty images into the (semi)coherent story. However it also made me reflect on my work recently, not only with them but many recent images I've made. That series is my bread and butter, by far my favorite to work on. Most of the images have a brief written story to go along with it. When I began writing and developing 'The Squad' it was a pure BDSM and kidnapping harem fest but over time I felt something was lacking. There was no growth. It had become stagnant.

To fix that I began writing more personal stories for each involved. Frequently they became multi-picture ordeals, diving into the personalities and struggles of each. 'The Island' arc is a 20 image epic. The series became increasingly based on character and story development, with some peril and sex thrown in. It made me realize that maybe I've gone to far. Mind you, I stand by that work, every single image and story. I personally love how they've grown into multifaceted characters, with hopes and desires, pain (emotionally) and breakthroughs. As The Kidnapper thought, maybe I've mellowed a bit. That being said, most people that follow me originally did because of they wanted to see kinky sex stuff. I've watched my likes, comments, and views slowly drop off, which is ok. Some people just miss the post, others don't vibe. However, looking at my latest works I realized I was ALSO missing just some plain old kinky sex artwork and stories.

I've spent the last few days making some of those pictures. I'll endeavor to keep a good mix of both. Not all stories need multiple pictures, not all pictures need stories at all beyond a single line or two. Sometimes I'll advance the plot, most times I won't. I need this for myself as well as for anyone that stumbles upon my stuff.

Have you ever started a series in one direction only to find it eventually veering off? Have you realized your work was changing and made a point to direct it back? I'd love to know!

thanks 1 user thanked Bumper2 for this useful post.
ZenMaster3D on 3/11/2024(UTC)
ZenMaster3D  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2024 4:11:30 PM(UTC)
ZenMaster3D

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 95 post(s)

I am convinced that when it comes to "erotic story telling" you have a lot more experience than I do. Yah, I have experiences of my story "veering" but all for the wrong reasons and all because ... I was a willing newbie who didn't stop to think about what might happen.

And I can really laugh at myself in hindsight.

Before I go on...  apologies if I sound overly dramatic but part of the above is courtesy of my gf, who has been in support of my digital erotic fantasies from the moment I fessed up.

SO...

I am a sucker for the "damsel in distress" trope, it can seriously trigger my mood. Even if nothing really happens like in this post (for the random readers: that link shows you 2 topless girls, an evil "sister" behind 'm while they're faced with a dragon).

A lot of my earlier stories (which aren't that many yet) led up to me working towards the highlight. And then the "silly male syndrome" kicked in; according to my gf. For the record: Yes, she poked fun at me, but also with the best of intentions. No politics pls....

See...  I can more than often still get. ... "excited" about my own fantasies. But the problem with that is that some of my poses and work quickly lose appeal to me. And that had its effect on my work. 

To be fully honest it also didn't exactly help that the one moment I did "push it through" was also the scenery which I ended up disliking the most of my work. Though I suppose the water splashes really did carry their part ;)

So these days I try to work backwards. As my gf likes to say: "Rescue the bitches first, THEN roast 'm because of it", which both made me laugh but also gave me some really good ideas. Because this works seriously well for me!

These days I work out a rough story, if said story has some "sexual fantasy climaxes" I first focus on the "boring" aftermath(s) and then slowly work my way back towards the sex scenes. 

And you know what the best part is?

This experience even helped me to improve in other areas as well.

Bottom line: for me, working on erotic fantasies is a lot harder than it seems, especially if you want to make sure to please your audience as well.

I suppose not fully comparable to your setup but IMO still related.

FOR the record...  I am >< close to finishing my re-do a render ... for the redo the render  fun-contest!

thanks 1 user thanked ZenMaster3D for this useful post.
Bumper2 on 3/11/2024(UTC)