Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ZenMaster3D  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2024 7:30:15 PM(UTC)
ZenMaster3D

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 95 post(s)

Question...

Being a vivid Renderotican I obviously noticed your call for "safe for work" renders, and I am going to see if I can help out. Going on the record: not for the points, with all due respect: what I do do (pun intended) is for the love of this place (NO pun), but I'm obviously gonna keep quiet "over there".

"Safe for work".

My issue right now.. I hop over to CGBytes, then I see this:

https://www.cgbytes.com/store/sku/69940_PSR-useLESS

That's...  pretty..   uhm, open :P  The Daz store would probably have banned that product post (which I truly believe can work to your advantage). But I also need to know...  what IS safe for work to your standards?

I saw that bikinis are a thing, so mild "erotic" is also ok'ish. I guess.

My point?  With all due respect...  I think you should have mentioned the CGBytes guidelines. "safe for work" doesn't quite cut it, not to mention... here's hoping my self applied avatar (sorry, sorry, sorry!) isn't in violation.

Thanks for any feedback you can give!

RangerRabbit  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2024 7:50:30 PM(UTC)
RangerRabbit

Was thanked: 240 time(s) in 112 post(s)

Safe for work is explained in the CGbytes Community Posting Guidelines. I've added that to the Blog post so that people can find it easily. The images in the Gallery are to have no nudity. If there is some nudity but covered, so that nothing shows, then that may be allowed.

The product that you indicated is using a mannequin figure. No genitalia or nipples, just smooth white textures. (Like a Barbie Doll for children) We are actually working on a new vendor resource that they will be allowed to use that makes the Genesis characters appear even more like actual mannequins with ball joints and seams. Clothing stores put bikinis and bras on Mannequins that can be seen by underage children, so we want to be able to present the products that our vendors make in a similar fashion and still stay within the rules of the credit card processors. The goal is to keep the store open so Vendors can sell their products.

RangerRabbit
Renderotica Management
thanks 3 users thanked RangerRabbit for this useful post.
ContentModerator on 3/8/2024(UTC), ZenMaster3D on 3/8/2024(UTC), Pushee-Ri on 3/8/2024(UTC)
wurger  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2024 8:06:15 PM(UTC)
wurger

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 62 post(s)

Safe for work would be something you could post in the Daz gallery.

Unless you work for a church I guess.

thanks 1 user thanked wurger for this useful post.
Pushee-Ri on 3/9/2024(UTC)
ZenMaster3D  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2024 10:44:21 PM(UTC)
ZenMaster3D

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 95 post(s)

Originally Posted by: wurger Go to Quoted Post

Safe for work would be something you could post in the Daz gallery.

Unless you work for a church I guess.

I guess that makes the "Daz powers that be" preachers? ;)

So, just for the record..  THIS is safe on on the CGBytes store:

https://www.cgbytes.com/store/sku/69555_Twining-Poses-for-Snake-and-V9

.. I have confirmation. Notice the product image?

So about that: THIS will get you banned on the Daz store.

Just saying...and for the record: I am not judging, in fact... quite the contrary, if you ask me this opens up so many more options to share "plain erotics" without the nagging "justifiation".

Yah: "someone" I know shared a render much milder than this and she got banned and hated Daz ever since. 

Pushee-Ri  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 9, 2024 12:12:17 AM(UTC)
Pushee-Ri

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 168 post(s)
@RangerRabbit:
"The product that you indicated is using a mannequin figure. No genitalia or nipples, just smooth white textures." Many thanks for the reply! I hadn't even considered when creating the promos that someone might find something offensive about the images - especially as the project is very "weird" (but with the potential to spur creativity).

@Zenmaster3D:
Yes - I know: my project is a bit (or more than a bit) out of reach for regular use ... but man, it can trigger creativity in a way that regular (boaring) poses can't. It's about Dada, it's about "twisting your thinking", it's about everything .... and nothing. Just check out the promos or my cgbytes post.

@all:
Points or not (I don't know what to do with them anyway), I think it's a great approach and incentive to show works outside of the usual (and sometimes boring) bondage, torture and "road kill chicken" poses for female models.

I interpret the "Safe for Work" as the opposite of NSFW ("Not safe for work") - which actually says it all: this are pictures where you do NOT have to turn off the screen in panic if someone is looking over your shoulder ;-)

I'll probably post some of my G / PG Rated pics (not all just promos) on cgbytes this afternoon - see what happens.

Have fun - and a great weekend!
thanks 1 user thanked Pushee-Ri for this useful post.
ZenMaster3D on 3/11/2024(UTC)
Bumper2  
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2024 2:42:43 PM(UTC)
Bumper2

Was thanked: 182 time(s) in 138 post(s)

From looking over some of the gallery there, and reading the community guidelines, my thought process is something like this:

Clothes can be revealing as long as they don't actually reveal anything. That means swimsuits, even thongs, are normally ok. Even something like this from Daz would probably be all right.

Perilous situations would be all right (after all, even cartoons have those) as long as there's no blood or gore. The snake pose pack example you gave is a great show of this. There's peril, but nothing 'awful' happens.

Seductive is fine, sexual is not. I can totally see Janet Jackson's famous Rolling Stone cover being allowed. Light titillation (forgive the pun) is acceptable.

When I think of SFW pictures I think of things that won't get you fired immediately. For instance, people might judge you if they see you reading the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition, but not much more than that. However, if you're browsing a Playboy you'll get hauled into HR right then and there. Look to the works of Boris Vallejo and Julie Bell. Sexy? Yes. Revealing attire? Most definitely. Dangerous situations? Of course! All probably allowed on CGBites. Compare that with Gary Roberts and... well you get the picture (another pun). I feel that the community guidelines are the hard rules while my statements above invoke the spirit behind them.

@RangerRabbit, please correct me if I'm mistaken for any of these assumptions!

thanks 3 users thanked Bumper2 for this useful post.
RangerRabbit on 3/10/2024(UTC), ContentModerator on 3/11/2024(UTC), ZenMaster3D on 3/11/2024(UTC)