Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Seven-ol  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2024 12:55:05 PM(UTC)
Seven-ol

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)

Evening Meipe,

I'm trying to rebuild my WHOLE Daz Content, and it's a real PITA. I'm a bit lost with your G8/8.1 products, I subscribed to your Pa...n account for a while, which compelxify the task.

The G8.1 GP is a real mess : which files do I need to reinstall to have both G8f and G8.1GP usable at the same time ? Renderotique, CGBytes ! There are so many files available that I'm lost.

At the moment, I'm not really convinced by G9 (even if I bought some of your products)

Thanks !

ZenMaster3D  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2024 1:18:31 PM(UTC)
ZenMaster3D

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 96 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Seven-ol Go to Quoted Post

Evening Meipe,

I'm trying to rebuild my WHOLE Daz Content, and it's a real PITA. I'm a bit lost with your G8/8.1 products, I subscribed to your Pa...n account for a while, which compelxify the task.

I am obviously not Meipe but ... well versed in the ways of the Daz Studio :P  (sorry: I'm in "a mood" right now ;))  I still think I can help.

You're rebuilding, your whole library, pardon my confusion but why not just unpack all the archives you downloaded from Renderotica over the time you were here?

I grabbed a few assets from Meipe myself and it shouldn't be too hard to pinpont them.

However...   I think I see what you're getting at...

Do you own official Daz3D assets?  If so: check out the main libraries, then dive into Meipe's Renderotica archive until you got to a level where all official folder names are present.

For Daz Studio this would be folders like: data, People, Runtime.

Hope this can give you some ideas.

Seven-ol  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 24, 2024 1:51:19 AM(UTC)
Seven-ol

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
As for Meipe stuff : I have 3 pages of downloadable products from here, plus some files from the Pa...n time-lapse.
It's mostly GP8 and GP8.1 that are a problem, if I reinstall both I have copy shader weirdnesses, plus shell problems.

As for 3dFeet : it's mostly HD nipples 00 & 2.0 that are conflicting.

TheBitterGent  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 24, 2024 3:43:30 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 112 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Seven-ol Go to Quoted Post
As for Meipe stuff : I have 3 pages of downloadable products from here, plus some files from the Pa...n time-lapse.
It's mostly GP8 and GP8.1 that are a problem, if I reinstall both I have copy shader weirdnesses, plus shell problems.

So GP8.1 was a sort of hotfix update added to GP8 since the figures aren't much different from the neck down other than shaders. As such GP8.1 handles more like an expansion pack.

The latest copy of GP8 will have a "9-Genesis 8_1" folder nested inside.

Inside the "9-Genesis 8_1" folder you'll find the new "Mat Copy" script that accounts for the PBR Shader on G8.1 as well as the updated Shell.

---------------

Now if you are working in DS 4.22, and you're like me and get a black shell.

Select the GP Shell, in surfaces select the Golden Palace surfaces, and turn their "Thin Walled" ON (this applies to Meipe's other graft shells as well)

Hope that helps

thanks 1 user thanked TheBitterGent for this useful post.
Meipe on 2/25/2024(UTC)