Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Darkseal  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2023 5:30:08 PM(UTC)
Darkseal

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 94 post(s)

How do I export G9 for Morphs? When I simply exported her as an obj, used zbrush to adjust, and use the daz > Edit > figure > Morph Loader Pro I get error "Geometry did not match, failed to create morph." Can anyone tell me where I went wrong?

Edit: I found it... There is a section in the bottom of the figure to export a dev tool version of the figure. I didn't know it wasn't at it's native base resolution for exporting. So much to learn. I managed to export out the base models I needed in order to make the morph. Now I just need to be sure I know how to export this out for use. I'll get there hopefully!

Edited by user Tuesday, August 8, 2023 7:21:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Darkseal attached the following image(s):
doubleringgag.png
Pushee-Ri  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2023 11:15:30 PM(UTC)
Pushee-Ri

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 168 post(s)
If the imported morphs do not work in DAZ, it could be due to the "Vertex Order". This is a problem that drove me crazy for a long time: Morphs or JCMs destroyed the model or the garment ...

Although I work with Blender, this tip could also apply to zBrush if the morphs don't want to go your way: If the exported model is imported into Blender (and possibly also into zBrush), the setting "Keep Vertex Order" must be set - otherwise the work (in Blender) is for the trash.

I would suggest designing a quick test morph first and checking it in DAZ. If it behaves as desired, you don't have to worry about "Vertex Order". If not, my tip may be interesting for you.

Good luck!
thanks 1 user thanked Pushee-Ri for this useful post.
Darkseal on 8/9/2023(UTC)
haruchai  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2023 5:31:55 AM(UTC)
haruchai

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 58 post(s)
In the folder /People/Genesis 9/Developer Kit there is a 'Genesis 9 Dev Load' figure specifically for developers to export. It is part of the original Genesis 9 install. Is this what you were using?
thanks 1 user thanked haruchai for this useful post.
Darkseal on 8/9/2023(UTC)
Darkseal  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2023 3:17:21 PM(UTC)
Darkseal

thank you both, I had edited the OP: I found it... There is a section in the bottom of the figure to export a dev tool version of the figure. I didn't know it wasn't at it's native base resolution for exporting. So much to learn. I managed to export out the base models I needed in order to make the morph. Now I just need to be sure I know how to export this out for use. I'll get there hopefully!

The real issue I'm having now is that the gag will not save as a smart prop or parented to the head. I've saved both as a support asset and a wearable, the support asset does not remember it's parent when loaded and the wearable check box for smart prop is greyed out... The scene save file keps the smart parent just fine though.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 9, 2023 3:32:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Darkseal attached the following image(s):
Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG
drmainangle1.png
Pushee-Ri  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2023 10:07:03 PM(UTC)
Pushee-Ri

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 168 post(s)
My tip might be a bit stupid (sorry, it's still very early here in Germany) .... but I don't see the Genesis base model on the screenshot. If something is to be saved as a "wearable", the complete model must be selected. Then, when saving the "wearable", you can uncheck all the boxes (model, eyelashes, tear, etc.) except for the object that is to become the "wearable".

Maybe this will help ...
thanks 1 user thanked Pushee-Ri for this useful post.
Darkseal on 8/11/2023(UTC)
davo  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2023 11:33:08 PM(UTC)
davo

Was thanked: 280 time(s) in 165 post(s)
After parenting the gag to the head, select the g9 character first and then save as a wearable. Deselect all the items except the gag (eye lashes, etc that you don't want added to the wearable), next you will have to go to the pose tab and be sure the save pose box is checked, then deselect g9 and from the filter tab, select "modified only". Then go to the shaping tab and include only the custom morph you created for the face. Hit accept, this should work. I sent you a little pdf tutorial via email.

As a side note, when saving wearable presets, or creating poses, unless the poses or items need a specific "expression" in order to work, you might want to keep expressions out of the pose, such as eyes looking up or eyebrows raised and the such. It's been my experience that people often ad gags or wearables after they already got a perfect look on their characters faces. You could do, and I think it would be very cool, several partial eyes and eyebrows expressions to chose from after the gag is applied, but not as a built in part of applying the gag as a wearable. Just my 2 cents.

I'm really stoked about your gags! Need a large collection! Include G8, too, she's a large part of everyone's collection and probably the majority of still used model.
thanks 1 user thanked davo for this useful post.
Darkseal on 8/11/2023(UTC)
Darkseal  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 11, 2023 3:31:42 PM(UTC)
Darkseal

tyvm, it's all sorted now I think. I'll have to make some product renders and pack it up. I haven't made items for the store in awhile, I want to be sure I do it right!